Hilton Stockholm Slussen
Hotels.com
$295
$163
  • Pool
Hotel C Stockholm(Stockholm)(Great Value!)
$268
Hotel Rival(Stockholm)
$245
$230
3,163 results
All reviewsthe executive loungeold towngamla standiamond memberqueen roomacross the bridgemain buildingshort walkan upgradeexcellent locationmetro stopunderground stationbreakfast buffetbeautiful citylong weekendvasa museumt bana
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

Hotel Slussen is in prime location if you're wanting to tour around Stockholm. It sits only minutes away from Gamla Stan, and is a stones throw away from plenty of fantastic restaurants. The room is on the smaller side, as you'll find with most hotels in Europe but it has great use of storage space and is extremely clean. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Rachel H
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Easy access and short walk from the Slussen subway station (via Arlanda Express to Central Station). There is some construction going on so access will be easier once that is completed. Check-in was quick and were upgraded to a balcony view room. Great views of the city from the balcony but you are right over a busy road and train track. With the window/door shut the noise level was fine for us. We do enjoy the executive lounge and were able to move rooms the next day but without a view. The front desk folks were very nice and helpful on this. The room was quieter and was on the same floor as the lounge. We stayed for three nights overall.

Breakfast buffet was excellent. Not sure of the cost as it is included for us. Very busy on Sunday morning but the other two mornings it was much quieter. Try to sit near the windows for the views of the city. Service was surprisingly great on Sunday morning given that they were very busy. The next morning it was so so. We did not try the regular restaurant but it was busy on Saturday night. Breakfast selections were fewer in the lounge but much quieter. We ate there our last morning. Selections during tea time were fine and also snacks later in the evening. Service here was excellent every time we stopped in.

Beds were very comfortable, bathrooms were good but somewhat awkward to turn the shower on and off as the handles were way inside the tub area and not easy to access. Tap water was the best tasting I have ever had anywhere!

Internet access was excellent and I was able to watch a Netflix movie on my tablet. We did not watch any TV so I cannot comment on that.

The walk to Gamla Stan (The old town) was a quick few minutes and enjoyable. It's downhill going but a bit uphill returning.

Check out was quick as all was prepaid. Took the subway to Central Station and took the FLY bus to Arlanda. It was much cheaper than the Arlanda Express during the week and just as convenient for us.

Room Tip: The fifth floor of the second building is the only floor with rooms with balconies facing the city. We had 5512 which was away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank bostontravelnman
Reviewed February 27, 2014

This was our twelfth visit to Stockholm but our first to the Hilton Stockholm Slussen. We had a great stay, a lovely room overlooking Gamla Stan, great facilities in the executive lounge, excellent breakfast especially during the week when less busy. It's only a 5 minute walk down to Gamla Stan. Transport links for sight seeing are excellent as the bus and underground station is just across the road, the tube goes to T-centralen, the 74 bus goes straight to Djugarden and most of the museums. Filmstaden Soder cinema is only a 10 min walk up to Medborgarplatsen, with a variety of bars and restaurants between.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank DrSAH
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Hello Fellow Travelers,

I stayed at this hotel on Feb. 9th for business. I arrived at the hotel at 8:30am and was told that I would have to wait until they had rooms available. Despite Hilton Silver status they told me that I can upgrade to a different category. I've never encountered this at other locations particularly after long flights into London (Hilton Locations). They charge you extra $25 Euros for early check in and also same for late checkout (by 2pm). So they nickel and dime you. The dining room is quite nice and peaceful with a decent menu. The swedish meatballs and potato dish was excellent at reasonable prices. The drinks are steep!

This hotel is outside of central station area and there is a ton of construction activity that is occurring and was told about to get worst as the entire downtown is undergoing a major facelift, above and below. The cabbie told me that getting to this Hilton from downtown will take forever one this begins shortly. There is a train station which is less than 5 min walk from this hotel so I advise taking this to central area.

Warning!!! DO NOT TAKE TAXI FROM "TAXI STANDS". Of all countries, I was disappointed that I was ripped off in Stockholm of all places. Coming back to hotel from central part of Stockholm, I went to a taxi stand and despite being metered, it cost almost $92 USD dollars; more than one way airport ride. It was only about a 3km ride. I felt so sick by the experience. From the hotel to that same spot, it cost me about $20 USD. I expect this to happen to me in emerging countries not Sweden. I typically ask before getting in the cab however, it was Stockholm; highly educated western society.

Take the train from/to airport. The cost is about $26 dollars and takes about 20 minutes vs. $75-80 USD.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Tom S
Reviewed February 22, 2014

The rooms were very small and the beds too,we did not have space enough for our clothes. they gave us room at the back side of the hotel and we should have all the time the curtain closed because the employees across had very clear view.we paid 690 euros for a double room for 4 nights!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business