“Worth every swedish kroner”
Review of Berns Hotel

Berns Hotel
Ranked #71 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
Oslo, Norway
“Worth every swedish kroner”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

This hotel´s got everything you need for a perfect stay in Stockholm! Ideal location, friendly and helpful staff and a feeling of luxury. We stayed on the 5th floor in a "large" room - it was really spaceous and beautyful with a balcony with a view of the rooftops in Stureplan. This hotel and this type of room is just perfect for relaxing after long days and nights in the city. The only drawback was the noise of the nightclub - but our room was so high up that we couldn¨t really hear it.

Room Tip: The 5th floor(it´s called 6th in Sweden) has really good rooms!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Finnish first
Malmo, Sweden
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Berns is one of the best hotels in Stockholm. Very friendly and service minded staff. Spacious room with unique features. Excellent breakfast in a luxurious atmosphere. My wife and I will surely return to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Denver, CO
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Saw an add that Calexico was playing Berbs in Late Sept, which led m to want to check it out. Awesome spot. I have room on 6th floor overlooking rooftops of town. Very nice,, and in the middle of everything.

Room Tip: Get the biggest one avialable. Price isnt that high for the killer suite.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Roman1965
New York
Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for a week just last week and although it is a nice place I find the hotel identity a bit schizophrenic. The hotel has great heritage with stunning chandeliers and they've made it into stylish boutique hotel, but it gets crazy at night with the hotel turned into a party place for young locals with the girls all in six-inch heels. There's no place for a quiet drink although there's a verandah bar on 2nd floor that just didn't have style, not comfortable and filled with young party animals. There's supposed to be a cocktail bar for 'members' and hotel guests but with only two tables in a small corner. It was raining all week and the cocktail bar is closed when rainy so a bit useless. Overall, the rooms are nice but the bathtub in my room was leaky. Service was fine. Location was perfect. Just wish it was a more classy place as I would have expected for an elegant-looking boutique hotel.

Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Bergen, Norway
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My partner and I should spend a weekend in Stochkholm and I had two priorities for the accomodation; 1. A central location and 2. Breakfast buffet included in the price. The last here I know very well is a must for my partner.

I found several locations in the central area of Stockholm on internett for around the same price, included breakfast buffet. I fell down on Berns Hotel and booked and paid for a double room, included breakfast. .

When we arrived the hotel receptionist welcomed us, gave us the key card to our room and told us that the were no meals included in the price. I told the receptionist that we had ordered breakfast buffet when we booked&paid for the room and that I was sure of this, because this was a must for our hotel accomodation. I had no success in my trial to explain and was told that if we wanted breakfast we had to pay 220 krones pr persons for each breakfast. I would clearly have choosen another hotel if I had known this and I felt cheated. I will clearly choose another accomodation next time in Stockholm, that is a beautiful city.

Room Tip: Central location.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Sigmund855
BernsHotel, Manager at Berns Hotel, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Dear guest,

We are so sorry it was a disappointment to you that the breakfast was not included in your price. We have chosen to exclude the breakfast since many of our guests have given us the feedback that they wish to choose for themselves if they want to pay for breakfast or not. In all our booking agents we therefore offer the possibility of booking with our without. So sorry that this possibility was not clear enough to you when making your reservation.

Warm regards,

Berns Hotel
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I've stayed at the Berns may times & it always does well. I'm a big fan of boutique hotels, preferring the quirkiness of the rooms to the bland predictability of the major brands. The Berns staff are wonderfully friendly & helpful, the rooms are clean and comfortable (with free wifi) if occasionally a little cramped. The breakfast buffet & Asian restaurant are surprisingly good & the huge ornate room is great. There's a large bar inside for the winter & one outside on the gound & 1st floors for the summer. There's also one exclusively for hotel guests & "members" on the 6th floor in the summer. In addition there's the nightclub but I haven't been in that! Lastly the location is very central & it's easy to walk to Gamla Stan from there, or to a business address if that's the reason you are in Stockholm.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed August 12, 2012

This hotel is located in central Stockholm close to all relevant attractions and the buzzing nightlife around Stureplan. The hotel does not have a pool or gym but cooperates with a beautiful venue close by. The rooftop terrace is excellently suited for sundowners. The staff can get pretty aggressive in checking whether you are a guest of the hotel, especially during evenings because some people try to enter the club through the hotel entrance. Similarly picky behaviour can be expected from the night porter. Other than that the staff is pretty friendly. The most remarkable staff are Daniel and Danielle (Receptionist / Concierge during the day). Make sure to fetch either, they will make things possible that others cannot. A word of caution: During weekends the club runs on until the morning hours so plan your room accordingly if you do not decide to join. All in all a highly recommendable hotel.

Room Tip: Select a room with desired proximity to the night club in the house.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends