“Poky rooms and full of third rate junk”

Lady Hamilton Hotel
Ranked #43 of 155 Hotels in Stockholm
Reviewed March 20, 2011

The eighteen century Lady Hamilton was a woman of low morality, this hotel is one of low quality.

It is just round the corner from the cathedral and the royal palace, and a host of unpleasant tourist junk shops and avoidable restaurants, the real heart of the town is back on the mainland. It does have a marvellous staircase but it also has rooms that are very dated and very small, tiny in fact. Despite the booking saying that if rooms were available there would be an upgrade, and the hotel being almost empty, I was told that this was not hotel policy! I didn't want anything special, just a room rather than a cupboard. Decor was hopelessly dated, an exhausted chintzy look. Have they never heard of ikea ? (For the record I don't like ikea and clearly wasn't expecting it here, but it is the twenty first century. You can have period style, which does not mean heaps of hopeless junk.) Breakfast was miserable, barely enough for the few folk there, had the hotel been busy, I'm not sure where we'd all have gone. I had moved from a place near the railway station as this had sounded so good for one night at the end of a business trip but had I been staying more than one night, that's where I'd have gone back to.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank LeBristolUK

Reviewed November 22, 2010

I stayed at the Lady Hamilton Hotel for 4 nights on a business trip with some Tourism involved. The Location was perfect for both! It was a short walk from the Central Station and right in the centre of the old town, which meant at the weekend I didn't have to stray far to explore the most beautiful part of the city. The staff were amazing and really helpful, and the breakfast was really good and well organised.
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and will definitely go back.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Kateh88
AnnikaH, Manager at Lady Hamilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2010

Hej Kateh88.

Thank you (Tack) for your review. I am so pleased and HAPPY that you enjoyed your stay with us! We try our utmost to make our guests have an enjoyable and memorable stay with us!

We wish you very welcome back to us. Please contact me directly for any assistance in planning your next trip to Stockholm.

Reviewed October 28, 2010

Being in the heart of the old town, Lady Hamilton a great base for site seeing in Stockholm. The hotel is small and cozy, with friendly helpful staff, and unique little curios scattered everywhere making even walking through the halls interesting. Breakfast was a good quality and plentiful. I found the room a little warm (even in autumn) and there could be a little noise from the street in the early mornings with garbage collectors and street cleaners. Stepping out the front door straight into the centre of beautiful Gamla Stan made that tolerable.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Lissalooloo
AnnikaH, Owner at Lady Hamilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2010

Hej Lissalooloo.

Thanks (Tack) for your review! I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us in late October 2010. You have suggested a great slogan for our hotel : Cozy hotel in the perfect location. You have really pinpointed a description of our Hotel correctly!

Tack again and I wish you welcome back to The Lady Hamilton Hotel anytime.

Reviewed October 10, 2010

Very small room, but excellent modern bathroom. Looked out on another building and it was the middle of a heat wave, so room very hot, but excellent location for walking everywhere. Totally excellent staff; nothing too much trouble for these people. A quirky and most interesting place to stay in the old town. Good value for Stockholm in peak season; highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank polly4819
AnnikaH, Owner at Lady Hamilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2010

Hej polly4819.

Thanks (Tack) for your review! It was a pleasure having you with us and we wish you very welcome back to us in the Old Town of Stockholm anytime.

Please contact me directly for reservation and in order for us to enhance your stay even further during your next stay.

annika@ladyhamiltonhotel.se

Reviewed October 2, 2010

Stayed in Stockholm for 2 days. This hotel is located below the palace. We were on the 3rd floor, a corner room. Very quiet room although located on the street. Big room, very clean, comfortable beds. Yummy cookies and iced tea available all day. Good breakfast. The front desk was extremely knowledgeable about the area. That good dinner recommendations and made dinner reservations daily for us

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple

Hej Michelle520.

Thank you (Tack) for your review. I am so glad that you took the time to write such a good review. But most of all I am so HAPPY that you enjoyed your stay with us in October 2010.

We always try our utmost to make our guests have an enjoyable and memorable stay with us!

Tack again and please feel free to contact me directly for any matter or perhaps to make arrangements for your next stay in Stockholm.

Reviewed September 14, 2010

Stayed here for three nights in September 2010. Characterful hotel with antique nautical items throughout. Reasonable sized rooms however if you have the inner rooms be aware that you hear the church clock striking every quarter of an hour! Nice breakfast, helpful staff and very convenient location in Gamla Stan. Not cheap but overall would recommend.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 20, 2010

I expected not to like this hotel, but it was fabulous.

Good points:
1. Great location, right in the heart of the city. Wonderful narrow, historical little streets. Beautiful
2. Really quirky – executed superbly well. A collector’s hotel with unique pieces all around the hotel in communal areas and in the rooms. Porcelain, little chests, clocks, etc etc. – none of it dusty – I was totally impressed with the cleanliness and eccentricity of it.
3. Very stylish, clean and modern bathroom.
4. Nice touches – an umbrella in the room, a surprise hamper of goodies for women travelling alone (or just in single room), nice cosmetics (Bjorn Borg branded!), iced water a elegant little biscuits served in the afternoon for all guests, etc.
5. Receptionist gave me an extra internet access card for free – great service generally eg. ordering taxis, finding addresses for me, directions, etc.
6. Lovely breakfast – everything cut up small so you can try a bit of everything

Minor Bad points:
1. Quite noisy being in Gamla Stan (the ‘Love festival’ was happening, so maybe that’s why.)
2. Bar closes at 10pm!

Bottomline:

When in Stockholm I would stay here! Creative, artistic and superbly executed style. Wonderful!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Management response:Responded June 23, 2010

Hej.

Thank you so much for your positive feedback. You have really understood the essential about The Lady Hamilton Hotel – the sense of details and personality; which we strive to achieve, thank you so much for appreciating thus and thanks for sharing your experience.

I wish you very welcome back to Lady Hamilton Hotel, please feel free to contact me directly during your next visit.

Best regards from a sunny and warm Stockholm.

Owner & Manager