1,272 results
All reviewsbook themehealth clubnice hotelshower curtainwithin walking distanceswedish pancakesrooms are smallexecutive roombreakfast buffeton footmetro stationcentral locationbars and restaurantsvasa museumbed was very comfortableshort staythe breakfast area
Reviewed August 11, 2018

Great location. Took shuttle from the airport (reasonable price) then a fifteen minute walk from Central Terminal. Very walkable area (close proximity to sites). Room was great. Clean roomy and functional. Breakfast was great. Price was reasonable. Staff were helpful. Close to a number of restaurants. What's not to like?

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Tina K, Reservations at Mornington Hotel Stockholm City, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review. We hope to see you on your next visit to Stockholm.

Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

Lovely clean room, great staff, excellent service, big breakfast included Centrally located. Highly recommend. Nice outdoor area too free wifi.
Short walk to water to get canal cruise or hop on hop off bus.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank peanut1810
Tina K, Reservations at Mornington Hotel Stockholm City, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2018

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for writing a review. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

I have confess to being lucky in that on check in the very friendly chap behind the bar (there is no reception as such) said he'd upgraded me to a superior room, no idea but a very welcome gesture.

The room was very good, comfy bed, good bathroom with a wonderful, powerful shower and a nice selection of toiletries.

The lounge, bar and breakfast room were lined with shelves holding hundreds of books, most in Swedish but a fair few in English so you won't be stuck for something to read.

A first rate, buffet style, breakfast was included. Lots to choose from including a selection of hot dishes not just continental style cold meats and cheeses. Loads of fresh fruit and first rate coffee.

A couple of tips I'd pass on.

There is a beautiful sort of roof garden to take a drink or your breakfast, I wasn't told about it but found it by chance on my last day.

If you arrive by car be aware that parking is blisteringly expensive. They have a garage but its roughly £35 a day, on street parking is more than £2 an hour, if you can find a "taxa 3" parking area as here you don't pay for the nighttime.

The hotel is a short walk down to one of the many waterfronts in front of the theatre. A metro stop is even nearer, the hotel will give you a map that explains all.

All in all a nice hotel for a stay in what must be one of the loveliest cities in Europe.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled solo

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write this review. We hope to see you on your next visit to Stockholm.

Reviewed August 5, 2018

Great breakfast & helpful customer service. Room was not small as other reviews may state, it wasn't shining tidy but fine anyhow. I would stay again, good location just next to market place and metro. Very nicely decorated with old books! Try also their secret summer garden....

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled solo
1  Thank AnniinaK56

Thank you for your stay and for your review. We look forward to welcome you back on your next visit to Stockholm.

Reviewed August 2, 2018

Mornington Hotel is located in Östermalm area, which (according to the locals) is a posh area in Stockholm. It is only 150 metres from Östermalmstorg T-Bana (Metro) Station, providing easy access to public transportation. Mind you though, only Red Line goes through Östermalmstorg Station, so you may need to change Line at T-Centralen (Central) Station a lot of the times.

Close to the hotel itself, you will find a number of nice restaurants. A supermarket and 7-Eleven (a convenience store chain) are within 5 minute walk from the hotel, so you won't be short of food.

Stockholm major shopping area, which is located in Normalm, is reachable in 10 minutes by foot, where you can find a number of world-famous Swedish/Scandinavian clothing brands. Within Normalm, you will also find major tourist attractions such as the Royal Palace, Swedish Royal Opera etc.

Upon entering the hotel, I found that the lobby is chic and looks atypical of a hotel lobby (in a nice way). The room that I got was the Executive Queen Room, but unfortunately the window was facing west and as I was there during summer time, direct sunlight was filling the room from 17.00 - 19.00, which made the room really hot. I did ask the hotel staff about a structure which looked like an air conditioning but apparently there was no air conditioning in the room and they only had centralised temperature regulator, which customers cannot adjust. Despite this inconvenience, he offered me a fan and it was delivered swiftly to my room, which I really appreciate.

One thing that I would like to highlight (and something that Mornington Hotel may consider to improve) is the housekeeping. Upon my arrival, I had 5 teabags on the table and I used 1 teabag each day. It was only on the fourth day (my last day at Mornington before I departed the next day) that my teabags was refilled into 5. As it was my last day at the hotel, the refilling was a rather too little too late.

In addition, I was supposed to receive 2 bottles of sparkling water each day. One day I drank only 1 bottle, and the next day after the housekeeping team had cleaned my room, there was only 1 bottle on my desk, with the other bottle not being replaced.

I fully understand that I could've easily asked for additional teabags and a bootle of water, but I believe these are something that the housekeeping team should pay closer attention to.

Breakfast was really good, there was a wide selection of food to choose from with certainly above average taste (I particularly liked the bread)

Staff was great, very helpful and responsive to customer's request.

Overall, I will return to this hotel if I can get a different room

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled solo
1  Thank Jeffrey S
Tina K, Reservations at Mornington Hotel Stockholm City, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2018

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your feedback and comments as we always strive to improve. We hope to see you on your next visit to Stockholm.