“Said I would return last time, I did, and will do yet again”

Mornington Hotel Stockholm City
Ranked #52 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
Dorset, United Kingdom
“Said I would return last time, I did, and will do yet again”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Yup, terrific again, good people, good décor, good breakfast, great shower, good bathroom, thermostat in room! See my previous review. Also superb restaurant across the road – Nybrogatan 38. See my review of that. Try to visit the Vasa museum.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Jenny H, Front Office Manager at Mornington Hotel Stockholm City, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am very glad you enjoy staying with us and thank you for taking the time to leave your reviews.

We hope you will come back soon again.
Jenny

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Rude staff, not helpful at all. The rooms are very cold and tiny. The breakfast needs a huge improvement. Expensive for what you get, there are other cheaper and much better hotels in stockholm. The only thing thats is good is the location.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Jenny H, Front Office Manager at Mornington Hotel Stockholm City, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. It is sad to hear that you did not enjoyed your stay with us. I would like to get in touch with you, could you please E-mail me at jenny.henriksson@mornington.se

devon
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I was booked into ths hotel on a business trip for three nights. The staff were friendly enough and the hotel was very nicely presented in the public areas. However, the room I had (as with many of the rooms) was tiny. About two widths of the bed by about 4 metres. There were no drawers to store documents, valuables, clothes etc. and no bed side tables; there were just six coat hangers on a rail. It really was living out of a suitcase laid on the floor. The bathroom was nicely decorated and tiled, but very poorly designed. The shower was not isolated from the rest of the room, and the glass panel and curtain did not reach the floor or the walls. Consequently, water went absolutely everywhere, even over the lip of the door frame and into the bedroom area. I complained to the staff who were sympathetic and realised it was a poor design and overall layout. They offered me a larger room for the last night but I didn't really have time to pack up and move. I would have given the hotel a 3 star rating, but on the mornng of my departure my wake up call did not happen (it was written down clearly by staff at reception). It was a real rush in the end getting to the airport.

Room Tip: Ask for a large room, if one exists. Wifi tickets from the hotel also work at the airport.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank cooneycooney
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking your time to leave a review. All comments are good for us to improve our service. I will talk to my collegues regarding your feedback and I hope we will find some solutions.

We would like to have you as a guest next time you are in Stockholm and have another chance to make you satisfied. I would like to get in touch with you, could you please Email me at jenny.henriksson@mornington.se

Sutherlin, Oregon
Reviewed January 17, 2013

The Mornington is centrally located with easy rail access. The hotel well-appointed to suit American tastes, a relative rarity in much of Scandanavia. It is a bit of a walk to the historic district, but there are good running trails just down the street along Strandvagan that are right on the water. The hotel restaurant is good, but there are plenty of other restaurants within easy walking distance as well. Reliable internet and cab service for the business traveler.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Scott M
Dear Scott,

Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I am glad you took your time to leave your comments here.

We hope to see you soon again.
Mother Earth
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Hotel staff were very helpful and they printed off our boarding passes for us. There is a large cathedral and amazing food court on the same street as the hotel as well as a good supermarket. It will take you around 20 to 25 mins to walk to Gamla Stan so location is good and you are a 10 minute walk to the marina/park.

We went for a buffet lunch at a middle eastern restaurant. I think it was called Al-Medinha and it was a very good meal. There are lots of Buffet places to eat, a lot of Chinese buffets.

The hotel itself has a good breakfast and and you are not far from the bus station. All in all I would highly recommend this hotel and I loved Stockholm.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind review. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope to see you again next time you are in Stockholm.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Great location only one stop from central station on the metro.All the major sights are within walking distance
Breakfast was excellent so much choice.Room was very stylish and immaculate.I accidentally left a small mark on the bedding from my case and it was changed without even requesting it..
Amazing market 2 minutes away and close to a supermarket for all your needs.
We plan to visit again and would not hesitate to book this Hotel

Room Tip: We were on the seventh floor but the lift was excellent and the views were good
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Peter G
Jenny H, Front Office Manager at Mornington Hotel Stockholm City, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Peter,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your nice review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope to see you soon again, remember to ask for a room on the top floor so you can enjoy the view once again. During the summer we have special rates, please visit our website for the best offers.

Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I've stayed in the Mornington hotel for couple of days with my love. It is great located in city centre. Very comfortable rooms and freshly welcoming staff at the receptions and in the hotel restaurant. You can really feel as at home. Very good breakfast with everything you could imagine. I will definitely stay here again soon. I'm looking forward.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ondrej2537
Dear Ondrej,

Thank you for your kind review. I am glad you took your time to leave your feedback.
I am very proud of the staff of the whole hotel that gives you a friendly stay with us.

We are looking forward to see you here, at your second home, again soon.

Kind Regard