“Perfect for a city stay”

Mornington Hotel Stockholm City
Ranked #51 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
Tallinn, Estonia
“Perfect for a city stay”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I was at Mornington for 2 days on business. The location is a bit north of center but still convenient for most of the city. Check-in was very quick and, though my room was on the first floor, I had no issues with traffic noise because it was toward the back of the building. It seems that most rooms are rather small, but have stylish decoration and the appropriate level of luxury and amenities. I particularly liked the complimentary mineral water that was restocked each morning, the chocolates, and the great assortment of tea. The book theme is very nice, too, and I enjoyed breakfast, which has a considerable assortment of food which is kept hot and is well made. However, breakfast is crowded and the food was exactly the same each morning. Best thing about this hotel: the staff. They were all very polite, friendly, always smiling and really trying to help each guest as much as possible. I would definitely come back here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank eab2124
Jenny H, Front Office Manager at Mornington Hotel Stockholm City, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. Your kind words makes us very happy and proud. We hope to see you soon again. Welcome!

Jenny

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Nice and clean hotel with friendly serviceminded employees. Just 30 seconds walk from the subway station, or if you prefer: a 10-15 minutes straight line walk to the theatre and inner harbour. Buy a 72 hour pass for SL (wwe.sl.se) and you can travel on all SL buses, trams, tubes and ferrys as much as you like.

• Stayed October 2012
Jenny H, Front Office Manager at Mornington Hotel Stockholm City, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We are so glad for all your nice words. Every day we are working to improve our service and we are glad you appreciated it.

I hope you will stay with us next time you are in Stockholm.

Jenkintown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I stayed here on very short business trip. I arrived late and had to leave early so my experience of the hotel is not very deep.

This is a great hotel in central Stockholm. It is well designed and very tasteful. It has a book theme (libraries in the reception and in the rooms) which is a very nice touch. The rooms were clean and the bed was very comfortable.

Breakfast was quite nice too but since I had to leave early I barely managed to taste much of it.

The free wifi was good, even if it was a bit annoying that I had to keep logging in every time the computer went to sleep.

I cant say much about value for money as it was paid for by the client.

On the whole I can recommend this hotel and I will try to stay here next time I'm in Stockholm.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear guest.

Thank you for leaving your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you next time you are in Stockholm. Welcome!

Hemsedal, Norway
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Travelled with my 17 year old daughter for a weekend in Stockholm. Overall the hotel is pretty good, but a couple of disappointing things worth noting;
- Rooms on the first floor suffer from traffic noice as well as pepole walking on the wooden floors above.
- Breakfast Saturday around 10 AM was crazy! To many people, and no thought towards logistics made this a caotic experience
- Halibut in the small restaurant was terrible. Fish was dry and tasteless, broth looked like diswasher-water and tasted nothing.

Nice and friendly people working at the hotel though - good service overall.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the main street on the first floor are noisy.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Didrik67
Jenny H, Front Office Manager at Mornington Hotel Stockholm City, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. All comments are good for us to improve our service. Despite the things you liked less I hope to see you here again.

Goettingen, Germany
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I stayed at the Mornington for one night in September.
The Hotel is located very close to Ostertorget tunnelbana station. I liked the friendly staff at the reception desk and the room with a look on the quiet inner yard. The furniture is very nice. I especially liked the many books in the room. Breakfast is great. Maybe a bit crowded and loud around 8 in the morning. Perfect place for a stay in Stockholm.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Jenny H, Front Office Manager at Mornington Hotel Stockholm City, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear guest,

I am glad you took the time to leave your review. I am very proud of the staff at the front desk and your nice words encourages them to keep up the good work.

I hope you will visit us soon again.

Banbury
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Spent 4 nights here in Executive room on cost-effective dinner bed and breakfast deal. Very comfortable bed, and room very clean. Menu not very exciting but perfectly adequate (dinner deal 110k towards any main course on menu plus free dessert and coffee) and a snip compared to restaurant prices in Stockholm.
Hotel is well placed half-way between Stadion and Ostermalmstorg metro stations on the Red Line (but make sure you use the right exits or you'll have a long walk).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope to see you soon again.

Islamabad
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Good Hotel with a nice book related theme.
Pleasant and helpful staff.
Near Metro station and walking distance to city center and Gamla Stan.
Excellent breakfast though no halal meats was a slight inconvenience.
Small comfortable room.Small bath with no rack space to keep toiletries but hardly an issue.
Adapters required for charging etc.Initially the staff did not have them but I got it next morning.
Free wifi.
Will stay there again definitely.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
hforsberg, Revenue Manager at Mornington Hotel Stockholm City, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you for your nice review on your stay with us. I am glad to hear that you had a nice visit. We have a few adapters to loan to our guests so it was good to hear that we could provide you with one the next morning.
I hope you will visit us again in the future.

Helena