Mornington Hotel Stockholm City
$199
$154
ClarionCollection
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Birger Jarl(Stockholm)(Great Value!)
$131
$199
Hotel Diplomat(Stockholm)
$259
1,166 results
All reviewsbook themehealth clubshower curtainnice hotelwithin walking distancerooms are smallswedish pancakesexecutive roombreakfast buffetmetro stationcentral locationon footwifi is freebathroom floorthe breakfast arearestaurants and barsshort stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I stayed here with two colleagues in August 2012. Generally the hotel is very good, extremely clean and I found all but one of the staff to be very curteous and helpful. However, there were a few points that they could improve on.. Firstly, the night receptionist was very hard to communicate with and became quite impatient with me on a few occassions. The other thing which was a little frustrating was that the room service option was not available.. during August.. peak season.. really?? I understand if the restaurant is busy, they don't have time to come up and bring the meals but that's not the guests problem, that's an 'understaffed' problem.. However, with that being said - the rooms albeit very small, were comfortable and clean.. the internet really quick and readily available.. and free throughout the hotel!! The bar area was also nice, and a patio area to have a drink outside. I'd stay here again for business, maybe not for family or couples trips though.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
hforsberg, Revenue Manager at Mornington Hotel Stockholm City, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Thank you for your comments and for taking the time to add them on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to hear that your overall stay was satisfactory, but as you say there are some points where we need to take action and where we can improve our guest service.
Roomservice should be available for our guests and not depending on how much staff we have diffrent days.
We will take action on these matters and we hope to see you here again.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

We stayed here for two nights on our trip around Sweden and was Appreciative of how convenient Mornington was in relation to the sights and nightlife. We stayed in an executive room which included free breakfast, dinner, and a slightly bigger room. Breakfast was great but meatballs and other traditional Swedish dishes were not available. Dinner only had one option, which was a problem if you didnt eat red meat. I was however able to swap the set meal with another dish but paid the diiference (50 sek). Rooms were typical Scandavian modern but the slippers, bathrobe, hair conditioner was a nice bonus. The beds were slightly uncomfortable and the temperature of room was hard to control. Overall nice stay and would recommend.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chona S
Jenny H, Front Office Manager at Mornington Hotel Stockholm City, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2012

Dear Guest,

I am glad you took your time to leave your comments. It is a big help for us to improve our service.

We hope to see you soon again.

Kind Regards
Jenny

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Mornington Hotel is located in the elegant neighborhood of Ostermalm, next to Swedish Capital’s beating heart and a few steps away from Ostermalm’s metro station, exit north.
Due to these facts, all Stockholm’s most important must see are located within 15’ radius by metro, by far the fastest and easiest way to get around here, taxis are much slower, they can’t enter most of pedestrian areas, they imply longer waits (you’ll never wait more than 3’-5’ a metro train downtown, often much less) they don’t offer the same comfort (no car is bigger than a train and Tunnelbana’s ones, thank to a long 8 coaches composition plus very high frequency are never too crowded, offer plenty of comfortable seats and are very clean) and, last but not least, are much more expensive, so no reason to use them.
Even if you’re overloaded by luggage: metro is very well equipped with elevators and escalators.
The hotel: modern, rational, efficient, perfect English speaking staff, like everywhere here.
Rooms are kind of Spartan in the minimalist Scandinavian way but they’re comfortable and well equipped. View is very nice from 7th floor, the last one. Only problems I point out are the total lack of shelves or whatever to put soap/gel/shampoo into the shower, complicated air conditioning and heating controls even difficult to simply switch off and, not understandable, the lack of meatballs, typical Swedish meal, at breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to leave a review. All comments are important to us to improve our service.

We hope you will visit us next time you are in Stockholm.

Jenny

Reviewed August 28, 2012

With this hotel I am not sure if I liked or not.

It is in the center of the city a plus. The room decoration is different and nice ... but the bed was really uncomfortable and the system of the shower was not really effective.... The complimentary tee was good...

Reception personal was just correct not friendly but not the oposite. But I remember the nice Thai cleanning girl.

Fitness center was not ok for my taste, in two floors, very dark and too much machines, not matt space.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MStravelle
hforsberg, Revenue Manager at Mornington Hotel Stockholm City, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Dear guest. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations on your visit but I am glad that you liked the complimentary tea that we have in all of our rooms.

Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Location was good, it's fairly central with easy access to transport, shopping and restaurants. Room was exceptionally small. There was no wardrobe, just a small hanging rail. There were no shelves or drawers to put small items on/in. Functionality was sacrificed for style.

In the bathroom there was a lovely large mirror with a shelf running the full length of it. Unfortunately, this shelf covered 50% of the sink, which was then rendered almost useless as it was extremely difficult to wash, shave, clean teeth etc. Also, there was no plug for the sink.

After viewing the room we realised we had forgotten to bring any adaptors for our phones and laptops so I went to the reception to ask for some. I was told they didn't have any, they were all in use by other guests. I was told they had 10 adaptors between 220 rooms, I asked if someone could get one or more for us, perhaps from a shop but were told no they would not do that. We could have one if other guests brought theirs back in the morning. I did not think this was good enough and asked to speak to the duty manager. There was no duty manager, only the two reception staff available, so I returned unhappily to the room feeling that they were neither sympathetic nor helpful. Later on my wife also addressed the issue and one of them said to her, "You were nice when you checked in then your husband shouted at me". I denied that I had shouted. Then the staff member started arguing with me - "Yes you did". In an attempt to alleviate the situation and bring peace I said that I was sorry if she thought I had shouted but was told, "Well, it's too late now". We were told that we could speak to the manager in the morning, if we wanted to, about the adaptors. There was no offer that either of them would speak to the manager. Customer service was non-existent. Our first night was completely spoilt because my wife was on business travel and needed to check emails etc. It was the total lack of concern that really disappointed us. We would have accepted there was little that could be done for us that night if the staff had shown greater sympathy and understanding of our plight and had tried to help rather than keep telling us what they couldn't do.

The following day we did speak to the manager, who, although not guaranteeing anything, would see what she could do. In the end, we were provided with all we asked for and two new adaptors were purchased by the hotel.

We would not stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Wijemanne
hforsberg, Hotel Manager Assistant at Mornington Hotel Stockholm City, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. I spoke to you the day after your arrival and we were able to provide you with the adaptors just as you wrote, however this is not the key point of your review. Just as I told you then the way you felt after your arrival is not accepted by us and I thank you for taking the time to talk to me while you stayed with us.
I understand that you may feel hesitant to come back but I hope you will give us another chans and contact me directly if you wish to stay with us again.