“Not a 4 star”

Elite Hotel Stockholm Plaza
Ranked #69 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
Reviewed May 5, 2013

At best this hotel is a 2.5 stars. It's not horrible, it just didn't even come close to my expectations. So many little things were just not right, No coffee or tea in the room. And no room service to bring a pot up. Shower was warm, never hot. The central heating was turned off - they offered a space heater. Soaps/shampoo were never replaced. The bed was comfortable and the extra blanket offered by the helpful front desk clerk was appreciated, but the constant noise from the club downstairs, made it difficult to get a good nights sleep.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 4, 2013

The location is fantastic of this hotel, very central.

The bed in my first room was just horrible. I did not get much sleep at all due to the extremely poor quality. It was like sleeping in a hole. My back was killing me. When I told the reception in the morning I was met with the typical Swedish attitude, the receptionists started defending the bed rather than giving value to my experience. I was told I could have a different room for my second night.

I had an important event in Stockholm that day which I needed to be very well prepared for. I went back to my room and put up the DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door. That sign means absolutely nothing at this hotel. FOUR times during two hours hotel staff ignored the sign and used the master key to just walk right into the room. The fourth one even had the audacity to start arguing with me.

There is a night club in the hotel and it is LOUD. All the smokers stand on the street right underneath the hotel rooms and they scream and sound like drunk people do. Not very nice to try to sleep to this.

The breakfast is served in the night club. It is dark, gloomy and it feels like you're eating breakfast in a cave. The bread was not fresh, the buns were baked the day before or even older. I know my breads having grown up as a baker's son. The pate was sliced and had been discolored because it had been sitting out for too long. The staff were very busy.........taking to each other! The guests were way down on their priority list.

I took a bath in the morning. As I unplugged the tub, the whole floor of the bathroom got flooded.

Need I say that this hotel is not a place I would recommend. They need to train their staff when it comes to service and they need to decide if they are a hotel or a night club.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ulf L
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Really pleased with the hotel. Great location. Nice and clean. Really enjoyed a good quality breakfast with a nice variety. great making your own waffles!

Staff were great. Had to ring hotel reception a couple of times for help and they came straight up. Only down side is a big one - there is a club below the hotel and the noise for rooms at the front is a very significant problem.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I have been staying at different Elite hotels up and down Sweden for over 10 years. I like their design and this particular hotel is located perfectly for the centre of Stockholm.

Staff are very helpful and friendly. The rooms are on the small side, but as I am travelling on my tod, I don't need anything big. What I do like is simple things - well stocked mini-bar for emergency midnight craving and no need to ask for an iron and an ironing board, thank goodness...

The interior design is typically modern Swedish. Nice colours, clean design and a nice overhead shower, which feels a bit more luxurious.

I got this on a deal for GBP108 or so, which is why it gets 5 stars. I'd give it 4 if I paid the full price of ~GBP160 though, as it's a single room.

Room Tip: As for a top room at the back, otherwise it can be a bit noisy from the street.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I agree with many of the other reviews that it can be a bit noisy, especially if you have a room on a lower floor on the front side--this is where the nightclub is located. Ask for a room higher up that opens onto the inner courtyard and you should be fine.

The rooms were small for Elite Hotels, but pretty typical for Stockholm at that price point. The double room was more than adequate. Overall, I found the room nicely appointed, but I must say this is among the lowest quality Elites I have stayed out throughout Sweden.

The lobby is small, but functional. Staff was nice and very professional. They were helpful in helping me sort out the numerous restaurant options in the area.

The area is quite nice, and very safe.

I would definitely stay here again, though it is not among my favorite hotels in Stockholm.

Room Tip: Get as far away from Birger Jarlsgatan as you can to avoid the nightclub noise.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We chose this hotel due to it's location. Staff was friendly, nothing bad about them at all!
We had a full day planed and I wanted everything to be in walking distance. But unfortunately this hotel was not for sleeping. There is a bar/night club by the entrance and we got a room on the first floor. We had a party in the room even if we didn't want to.
The room was not so good isolated out to the road so we had several drunk persons screaming outside our window. And for some strange reason someone used a leaf blower at 3 AM on a sunday night to clean the streets!?
For there defense I have to say that the breakfast that is included in the price is really good, big assortment of both warm and cold. Nice big waffles wit different sort of jams, and few variants of lactose free yoghurts.

Room Tip: Try to see if you can ask for a room on the higher floors and to the inside of the hotel (courtyard...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Very central situated hotel in the middle of "stureplan'" with nighclubs and nightlife. Close to shops, mall, everything. Rooms was nice, we had the deluxe room heading to the backstreet which was very nice, and quiet. Our friends on other hand did get their room towards the street, and they had hard to sleep! There is a nightclub as neighbour to the hotel open until 3 am in the weekend and the bass could be heard into the room. Therefore ask for room in backside of the hotel. Great breakfast, and also very good restaurant at the hotel. Should not be underestimated. We went there for a drink at first, and was served lovely dirnks so decided to test the pub menu, with great burgers. Definitely to recommend. In total a great hotel, especially if you are planning to be up at night anyhow.

Room Tip: Room towards the backstreet
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple