“best hotel experience in Stockholm” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Hornsgatan

Hotel Hornsgatan
Ranked #1 of 34 Stockholm B&B and Inns
Nairobi, Kenya
“best hotel experience in Stockholm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

I have stayed at Hotel Hornsgatan at least three times. Always the service has beeb excellent. I have traveled from Nairobi and many times arrival time has been changed , delayed because of the problems of my flights. However people at hotel have been very flexible and taken care of my arrival in Stockholm by organizing key and access very late to the Hotel. Every time I had had feeling that I am very welcome and the staff in reception remember me and help me with my traveling problems. Location is perfect, rooms are comfortable, breakfast is very good and what ever I have asked has been arranged for me. Excellent service.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Korean first
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

I stayed in this lovely presented hotel for 3 nights with friends and wecould not choose better place. The lady welcomed us with lovely smile and shortly after checking in she invite us into the dining room and explain everthing about area we are in, closest tube stations, local shops, how far are main Stckholm arractions etc.

Room was just brilliant. Nice decoration, very clean and tidy. We have been concern a bit about shared bathroom but it was not an issue at all. Tidy and clean as well and because of the hotel does not have so many rooms you don't have to wait.
Breakfast is served as a buffet so you can choose from cereals, to bread, cake, fruit, juice, tea coffe and lots more simply anybody with any taste will have a nice breakfast. I have to mention the quality of the food. Superb! Everthing was fresh and tasty. All the time!
And we all sleep well all night long. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to any of my friends.

For the money we paid we get what we want and even more. Unforgettable memories about nice people, city and hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

If you are looking for a Hotel in downtown Stockholm, this facility exceeds expectations for a European hotel. It is a very small facility, no massive lobby, no bar, no frills. It does have very clean rooms, and the Staff was very accomodating. The breakfast room was available all the time for a snack or juice at any time. Again, the Staff was the greatest attribute. Since we needed to leave at 5:30 in the morning, we checked out the night before, and they offered cheerfully to print boarding passes, and also pack a modest sack meal for breakfast. Since I waited a bit late to reserve, the only facility they had for me did not have a private bath, resulting in a short trip down the hall to the WC. Had I booked earlier, that would not have been an issue. It is 2 blocks to the subway, and about 2 blocks to see the harbour, with a grocery store on the corner as well as the pharmacy.

Room Tip: This is NOT the Hilton. It is a fine, clean, safe hotel with a great downtown location. The rooms t...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Swede037
Dungarvan, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

Stayed here for only one night and was pleasantly surprised. First impressions are dreadful. You could easily miss the hotel sign, so be sure to write the address down and ask for 66B Hornsgatan rather than the hotel name as no one knows where it is! You buzz the intercom to get in. Tatty hallway and the smallest lift I have ever been in, it only fits one person with a suitcase. I was really uneasy as I approached the second locked door, but then I rang the bell and was welcomed into a wonderful, bright, airy oasis!! The guy at reception was so pleasant, telling me to have some complimentary coffee and cake, he also reminded me to use the free computer and printer to check in online for my flight. When he heard that I would not be there the following morning in time for breakfast he arranged to have a breakfast bag left out for me and he booked my taxi for the airport train which arrived bang on time. The reason I stayed in this hotel was because I was doing the Midnight Run and wanted to be near both the start and finish lines. The location was perfect. My single room was small but adequate but as I got the last room available I had to share bathroom facilities, that didn't matter really as it was only for one night. The price of the room was 850 SEK which is quite expensive when you have to share the bathroom, but as the run was on that night with 29,000 participants it was probably just an exceptional night and prices might be cheaper at other times. In spite of the name this is NOT a hotel, it is a hostel so there is no bar to relax in. You are given codes for the outside door and for the inside door as there is no one on reception after 10 o'clock at night. Wonderful location right on Hornsgatan though which is a very trendy part of the city. Lots of bars and restaurants nearby. A real little gem

Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank MMMH
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

We couldn't have been any happier with this hotel.The hotel is small and on the quaint side which we found wonderful. The staff was very friendly and provided us with everything we needed. We had the quad room as we were spending 1 night before a cruise with our daughter and her husband. We had connecting bedrooms and shared a private bath. There were 2 other bathrooms right outside our door so we were free to also use these. The breakfast was very nice and filling. In the afternoons we were able to help ourselves to juice and fruits. Great location as we could walk to everything. The metro was only a block away if needed. Highly recommend especially if you have 4 people and need the quad room. Less expensive than getting 2 rooms. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank traveler221USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

Great location, very friendly and helpful staff- breakfast was great... But shared wooden floors and thin walls make quality sleep very difficult indeed. Strange little doors everywhere that creak and get usedby loud drunk people not staying here... Can also hear and feel every footstep outside the room...

• Stayed August 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Hturner
Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

I was able to book this pleasant hotel only 2 weeks before arrival. I am a budget traveller and wanted a nice room in a safe area close to the city center. The rooms are large for a typical city budget room, and well appointed with TV, wardrobe. My room was directly opposite the bathrooms but did not suffer from excessive noise. A really nice breakfast spread, and they will pack you one to go if you leave early. Convenient to Metro. Best asset is the extremely friendly and helpful English speaking staff

• Stayed July 2012