“Swedish fast food”

Nystekt Stromming
Ranked #128 of 3,026 Restaurants in Stockholm
Cuisines: Fast Food, European, Swedish, Scandinavian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Slussen
Guangzhou, China
“Swedish fast food”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Wow.

I loved my experience here.

The kiosk is outside the Sodermalm station in the square and about 200 meters from the Hilton.

This was the number one thing that i wanted to eat while i was in sweden and i was not disapointed.

I walked straight up to the counter, was pleased to be able to explain in english exactly what i wanted.

I had fresh fried herring in a roll with mustard sauce. Totally amazing.

I went back the following evening but it had closed.

100% the best thing I ate in sweden. Like the best ever fishfinger sandwich you could ever have.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Joe K

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
“When in Stockholm, try strömming!”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

This is just the perfect lunch when you're on the run. The dish itself is a miniature of Swedish tastes, if you ask for extra lingonberries in your roll, and you should! Speedy service and a mixed crowd very close to the subway and at the gateway to Södermalm, a great pit stop any day!

• Visited January 2013
Depok, Indonesia
“The Most Delicious Fried Fish I've Ever Eat”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

The meal fresh fried herring with mash potatoes and crispy bread with cucumber and fresh garlic unite in one dish become a very delicious meal ... It's healthy, cheap, of course delicious ... I would like to build a restaurant with this recipe as the main course in my country ... I can't wait too long to come back soon to Slussen ....

• Visited August 2012
Beaconsfield, United Kingdom
“Authentic Swedish street-food”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Following up a recommendation in the Time Out guidebook, I tracked down this stromming (herring) stall - the only one of its kind that I found in Stockholm - and was extraordinarily glad that I did. I enjoyed a wondrously tasty snack lunch of skoning (grilled herring on rye bread, with mustard sauce, raw onion and dill), and went back for a second meal there later during my visit. The stall is located opposite the main (upper) entrance of Slussen metro station. Don't miss it if you visit Stockholm!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank bucksbee
Arlington, Virginia
“Great Value”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

If you like strömming (Baltic herring) as much as we do, you have to go to Slussen (south across the water from old town, Gamla Stan). This "restaurant" is a kiosk with outside seating and great value on strömming. (This is not to be confused with the adjacent sit-down restaurant.) We go to Stockholm every summer, and this is a must-do for us. We order the fish platter, which comes with mashed potatoes and three sides (choices of pickled cucumbers, onions, carrots, lingonberries, mustard sauce, etc.). Very popular with locals at lunch, so we always time our vista before or after the rush.

• Visited August 2012