“Good Late Night Bites”

Griffins Steakhouse
Ranked #50 of 3,026 Restaurants in Stockholm
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, European, Contemporary, Swedish
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Norrmalm
Description: Prepare yourself for a dining experience beyond the ordinary! The peculiar host couple Griffins, with a faiblesse for both the good in life and for the unexplainable, has given room for the Griffins' Steakhouse Extraordinaire, a restaurant in the Waterfront building in central Stockholm. A generous steakhouse has been created in an imaginative, magical and vibrant restaurant with real 1920's salon feel. With a menu composed by Swedish masterchefs Christian Hellberg and Karl Ljung, which is offering everything from seafood plateaus and 350 grams of steaks to variations of classic Swedish and European dishes such as Shrimp cocktail, Banana split and lamb hotdog. Griffin's steakhouse also serve the entire menu in the bar which is said to be Stockholm's longest. There you can also enjoy well composed cocktails that are inspired of the classic American cocktail tradition.
Dallas, Texas
“Good Late Night Bites”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

My daughter and I arrived late in Stockholm from Copenhagen and our concierge suggested Griffin's Steakhouse. It was a short walk from our hotel. Great American steakhouse atmosphere - clubby, dark wood, low lighting. Great gluten-free bread. Both of us had the Griffin's Burger Extraordinaire. The burger was very good and satisfied our American palate. We'll go back if we're ever in Stockholm again.

• Polish first
St. Gallen, Switzerland
“May 1.”
Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

Super Service and food. Absolutly perfekt. Thank you - we might be back soon. We are the first Time in Stockholm. Nice Town

“Disappointing Service”
Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

Food was nice, but let down by poor service.
Dinner in Stockholm is expensive, so you really expect decent service or you feel ripped off.
Weird ambiance as well, we were seated next to the bar, I booked well in advance so why not a regular table, wasn't very cozy...

Took ages for the waiter to even acknowledge us, verging on rude, poured the water then ran away, waived him down to Order the food, asked for guidance and he had no idea. Food arrived very quickly, and was nice, no complaints there but I won't be back unfortunately, too many other good restaurants in Stockholm that actually treat you nicely and make the experience more enjoyable.

Visited April 2014
Ennis, Ireland
“Enjoyable except the price”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I went on a Thursday for an evening sitting having seen the high ratings it got on Tripadvisor. The restaurant was easy to walk past being somewhat invisible from the street. The restaurant inside had low lighting, soft furnishings and worked overall. I skipped the extensive wine list mainly on price and instead went for the Sleep Bulldog pale ale which was very satisfying. The food started with a brown paper bag which actually contained 4 slices of very nice bread. The presentation of the food was also very good and contributed to its enjoyment. I ordered the Chowder and Tenderloin. The chowder soup was poured onto the seafood at the table which was interesting but the chowder itself was just ok. The tenderloin was done to my liking although the mix of sauces was perhaps OTT. Overall I enjoyed my first visit to Griffins and while Swedish food prices are in general high by other countries standards, this was the most expensive meal I have had there.

Jægerspris
“Really looked forward to try this one, but...”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I´ve been wanting to try Griffins for a long time. I actually went looking for it another time I was in Stockholm but I missed the entrance (it is just to the right of wakamama, but very dark).
I finally got to try it the other day. I couldn´t get a table but was offered a place at the bar, or I could wait about 40 minutes to get a table. I waited the 40 minutes amd got a really nice table by the window.
I ordered the food, and was disappointed when I got it. I guess I just expected more. It was ok, but not great. I´ve had better for less.
On top of that, the waiter seemed annoyed and irritated, which did not make me feel welcome. The maitre´d however was service minded to the fingertips.. Kudos to him.
All in all I end with a 3/5. 1 for the food and 1 for the waiter.