Moderna Museet - Stockholm
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

Recommended experiences in and around Stockholm
from $17.52
from $98.56
from $27.38
from $24.08
1,647 results
All reviews modern art permanent collection pop art andy warhol skeppsholmen island main collection niki de saint phalle nice collection art lovers interesting pieces free entrance swedish artists same building on display interesting exhibition worth a visit great museum
Selected filters
Reviewed June 20, 2016

We knew that the Kusama exhibition had just started and took a trip to the museum specifically to experience it. It was disorientating and exhilarating at the same time. Such a lot to see and take in and think it over. Great to see lots of young children enjoying it too. The images will stay in my mind for a long time. If you can go and see it do, you will not be disappointed, and the special effects app on the website from a phone made me chuckle.
My only regret is not to have visited the rest of the museum but there will be another trip for that.

Reviewed June 20, 2016

Enjoy a few hours or a afternoon at a space of natural light and interesting installations.
Nice coffee bar, cafe' view is better than the food and I hate to cafeteria style, I like to sit down order from a menu and be served. Don't you???

Date of experience: August 2015
Reviewed June 18, 2016 via mobile

This museum of modern art is not to over bearing in what is presented to the viewer. It gives a rounded view of various movements in contemporary art and is well designed so that you do not miss any art work due to it being squirreled away in some small side room. Staff are friendly and welcoming. The restaurant was a little more expensive than I would normally pay but when I realised it was a buffet and the options for main and dessert were very extensive I was more than happy. One of my favourite art galleries I have visited around the world.

Reviewed June 17, 2016

I went to the museum, and spend there an entire afternoon. Is basically all free entrance, except new exhibitions (150kr). The place for lunch could be better and cheaper.

Reviewed June 14, 2016

This Museum has an incredible collection - a great display of new and contemporary work as well as the permanent collection. A new show by Yayoi Kusama was due to open at the weekend. The sculptures spill out into the surrounding areas as well - which I always love.
Free to get into as well (You pay for any exhibitions) I think there are guided tours as well - please check. You can grab a boat here or walk over the bridge to the island.
Scenic settings always help!