“Okay”

and up
Hop-On Hop-Off and ABBA The Museum Combo in Stockholm
Ranked #20 of 312 things to do in Stockholm
Reviewed June 28, 2013

This is not a favorite of mine, but you might want to visit as a tourist and if you're interested in modern stuff. It's a bit expensive, but the restaurant serves delicious food and the location of this museum is picturesque.

There are newer reviews for Moderna Museet - Stockholm

Reviewed June 22, 2013

I found this museum to have a decent collection, no real show stoppers, but it was nice because it was not so huge that you could spend time on enjoy the collection they have. Also I liked the Calder mobile outside the museum.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

This one of the main museums of Stockholm. I've visited this place many times, the first time as a small child. As always, the satisfaction depends on the current exhibits, but theirs are usually excellent. The last time I got to enjoy a grand retrospective of their photographic collections.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I really enjoyed the Surrealism exhibit they had on display. When I went there wasn't an extra charge for the Architecture museum, so that I was a little bonus on a cold and rainy day. They also have a nice cafe, bookstore, and free wifi.

I will say that this is not a "greatest hits" museum like a National Gallery or the MOMA. This does not showcase the best of well known artists. It does have a lot more art revolving around language and semiotics, but if you're looking for famous works by name brand artists you learned about in Art History 101, this is probably not the art museum for you.

They do offer a student discount, so bring your student ID to save 30 SEK.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

OK, I was only a few days from visiting the new Tate in London, and then I discover it's twin in Stockholm. Yes, I am an art museum nut and after walking to the island to see this museum I was disappointed, though I loved the Swedish artists featured. These huge warehouse type museums seem to use an open concept with art grouped in rooms by theme, but far too much space allowed for walking. It just seems a museum should be filled with art, not unclaimed space.
Loved the cafe, but someone needs to fill the walls.