“Great hotel located within walking distance of many attractions”
Review of Hotel Diplomat

Hotel Diplomat
Ranked #11 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
Sydney, Australia
“Great hotel located within walking distance of many attractions”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

The hotel is situated on the waterfront, just across from Gamla Stan and opposite the ferry wharves (for day tours of the archipelago). We were able to walk to a lot of attractions (within 20 mins) such as the old town and vasa museum.
The hotel itself is very well maintained with a welcoming atmosphere - it did not have the corporate feel typically found in other four or five star hotels. We stayed in a queen room on the fifth floor, the room was small but not cramped and the high ceilings gave it a more spacious feel.
Overall it was a lovely stay and I would stay at the hotel again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed July 27, 2014

We booked two rooms at the Diplomate as no family size rooms were available at time of booking. The rooms were very small for this caliber of hotel and the bathroom minuscule. Both rooms had balconies, which made somewhat up for the lack of aircon. Only on old elevator, which could not fit four people with luggage.

Location is very convenient for exploring Stockholm, but for the price we paid for the rooms I am sure we could have found something of a better quality...

Room Tip: Get a room facing the courtyard with a balcony, you will need it in the summer as there is no aircon
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Mette_v_S, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Diplomat, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Hi MPejter!

Thanks for your feedback. Isn't it great that we get to experience one of the most beautiful (and hottest) summers in Stockholm ever? At the hotel, we are working on installing AC into all our rooms, but haven't quite finished the project yet, so there are still a few rooms left without. I'm sorry we couldn't provide you with an air conditioned room this time, and hope we will have the opportunity to make it up to you on your next visit to Stockholm.

Again, thank you for your review and have an amazing summer!

Kind Regards,
Hotel Diplomat & crew
Odessa, Ukraine
Reviewed July 26, 2014

This hotel lived upto its expectation that i had, location is great and breakfast was also good. Room had nice soft bed as i wanted. This is a nice option to stay in when you are in sweden, easy to commute around.
Staff very friendly

Room Tip: Prefer front facing rooms only
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Excellent service and location; very good breakfast (wide selectiin and fresh fruit); comfortable and quiet room. Staff very friendly and efficient. The hotel is in a very beautiful Art-Nouveau building.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Borgå
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Impeccable Service, top quality facilities and thoroughly relaxing. The staff were always helpful abs cheerful, the room was serviced well, the restaurant and bar top quality. miss the retreat or breakfast.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

This is absolutely the perfect location for us. Restaurants to die for are a short walk away. Shopping near by. Right on the water...if you take a cruise...walk across the street. Minutes to the amusement park, Abba Museum, the Vasa Museum, Royal Palace, Gamla Stan, Skansen, Gucci (my favorite). We had a gorgeous waterfront room that was quite spacious. The view. The view. The view. Just gorgeous. Well worth the extra money for the room. Open the bay windows and let the breeze come in off of the water....just amazing. The only slight down fall is the noise from the street below....but this is downtown!!!!!! Downtown is not a quiet place. We had no trouble sleeping or anything....but some may not like the traffic noise. (Close the window). The TBar restaurant was nice. The bar was ok. Service there in the bar a bit slow but nothing severe. The staff at the front desk was great. They took care of our every need. Lovely, friendly, polite, helpful, wonderful. I will stay here again and again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank johnj542
Den Bosch, The Netherlands
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Last November I made a online reservation (via booking) which I had to cancel. I had not internet at that moment, so I made an old fashioned phone call. Then I noticed the hotel charged 1 night on my credit card. I contacted them and they said I had never cancelled! After a lot of discussion, they still wouldn't refund or any other kind of gesture towards me. Since I travel regularly to Stockholm, I suggested that I would get a some sort of credit for the future. Even that was not really an option, but they suggested I would contact them when I was visiting the city again. So at that moment I already was not happy with their 'service' at all as you can imagine.

But unfortenately the story continued even worse...

A few weeks later I decided to give them a second chance, contacted them and asked them what they could offer me since I would visit for 4 nights. I suggested 1 'free' night (which they actually already charged my credit card for earlier) but they could only offer me a little discount on the daily rate.

But this 'offer' was done after a very rude internal email conversation between the General Manager and the Head of reservations. They didn't want to contact me personnally so they asked a colleague to send me the 'offer' with the little discount. That colleague by exident (I assume) forwarded me the entire email conversation between the General Manager and the Head of reservations. And in that email they said things like: No she comes back. Do we even want her here? We shouldn't offer her anything. She first has to take away her review (I already put a review on Tripadvisor about my first bad experience with them)

I found this extremely rude, unprofessional and even childish!
I would never recommend anybody this unprofessional hotel!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business