Victory Hotel
Hotel Skeppsholmen(Stockholm)
$345
$302
  • Breakfast included
Hotel C Stockholm(Stockholm)(Great Value!)
$157
$532
$427
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsnautical themeport winegamla stanold townsea captaindark chocolateship modelslord nelsontwo sinksunique hotellady hamiltonwashing machineevery eveningperfect locationnobel museumroyal palaceeasy walking distance
Reviewed July 16, 2010

Stayed 6 nights in this real boutique hotel in the old town (Gamla Stan). Beautifully appointed with antiques (and non-antiques) the rooms are small and ship's berth-like: everything you need, very carefully designed, pretty but small. AC worked well and quiet (it was a heat-wave in Stockholm with temperatures in the 30s. A courtyard on the first floor was a great place fro an evening drink to to eat at their restaurant that rightly has several plaudits from the restaurant guides. The menu is interesting - they only do one animal at a time - currently it is pig for everything (except puddings). The staff were all chamng and helpful. The Victory was half the price of the boring anonymous hotels my colleagues stayed at.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank nickcambridge
Reviewed June 22, 2010

For as little as 320 euros per night I got the questionable fortune to spend two nights at the Victory. Unanimously praised by both my guidebooks, it is a hotel decorated in nautical style, in the center of Stockholm. In spite of its price, a modest reality: a narrow front desk, minimum common spaces, and, worst of all, a narrow, poorly equipped room! Modest, damaged, furniture, with many scratches; a bathroom not clean at all (see photos); a generally bland milieu. Acceptable the breakfast, although in an underground, completely blind cave! Its correct price is the halfth of the real; its only merit, the outstanding position. For the rest, avoid!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 15, 2010

This has to be the best leisure travel hotel I've ever stayed in. I got a fantastic last-minute deal on Orbitz and was thrilled with my little room. My single-occupancy room overlooked one of Gamla Stan's charming ancient streets and was well decorated and very comfortable. The breakfast was held in the gorgeous ancient basement restaurant and was, by far, the most beautifully presented breakfast I've ever seen in a hotel setting. The front desk staff helped me find an off-the-beaten path restaurant (Kryp In), a FANTASTIC spa (Sturebadet), and the best places to find whatever I needed. I ordered room service on my last night, and it was delayed due to a packed dining room in the restaurant, which was world class. Restaurant menu focuses on local, sustainable foods; the chef selects a meat and uses the whole animal that week, wasting nothing. Setting is gorgeous. Manager comped my order, added a glass of champagne and a fruit salad, complete with passion fruit. Room service presentation was gorgeous. I felt welcome, well taken care of and exceptionally comfortable. Was great for single traveler. I have already recommended this hotel to others.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed January 26, 2010

I stayed in Victory hotel for just one night during a business trip together with my colleague. The hotel is just 2 minutes away from metro station, but you still need to take a taxi, metro or something to get here from central station of Stockholm. The hotel itself is small, nice and charming. You can spend some time just seeing it around since it looks like a museum.
My room was quite small, but cozy. I can not say that it was very clean and tidy because of two things: floor in the shower and a blood spot on a mattress which is seen through the bed-sheet - sorry to say that, but I hope that the hotel will find a possibility to improve it. I really do believe - or they should change the star rating urgently.
The breakfast was very nice I would recommend to add something more substantial - traditional meat balls, fried eggs or something not just cold snacks.
The main surprise was expecting us in the morning when we were checking-out to get the flight back home. We were given the bill two times higher that it should be. Moreover it took us nearly half an hour to find out that the bill was done wrong, that the money were freezed on a credit card in wrong amount without our personal authorization of the transaction, that the receptionist could not give us the right receipt, etc, etc, etc.
I know that [--] happens but it is not that pleasant when you have a flight in 2 hours...
And the last thing: we asked to send us the receipt in original as supporting document for expenses during a business trip, but were informed that it will cost us 700 Swedish kronas!
It's something new that the guests of the hotel should spend additional money because of the hotel's personnel mistakes - but maybe this the real charm of Victory Hotel? Who knows....

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Anna C
MatsB, Manager at Victory Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2010

Dear Mrs Cherrypashka ,

Thank you very much for your sincere and straightforward feedback of your stay. I am happy to hear that you found our hoteI charming, cozy and nice but I am sad to hear that our house keeping and breakfast failed to meet your expectations. Regarding the miscouloured stonetiles in the shower (probably caused by hair dye product from previous guest) has been replaced. Also the the stained matress. Regarding the breakfast I am sorry to hear that we failed to inform you enough about our warm menu and that we do serve a variation of hot breakfast orders served "a la minute". Please also accept my apology regarding the confusion at the time of check-out. I can understand your frustration especially when you are in a hurry. Please let me assure you that we ofcourse do not charge anything for sending a bill!
My staff and I work hard to educate, motivate and train ourselves in all possible ways to make sure our guests get the best possible service. I have shared and discussed your input here on Tripadvisor with all of my staff to make sure that no guests in the future have to experience the same confusion and lack of correct information. I genuinely hope that you will book us again so we may get a chance to show you the true Victory Hotel and the service and standard we work so hard to provide.

Please accept my deepest apology and feel free to contact me directly to further discuss improvements and important feedback.

Mats Bengtsson,
Owner and Hotel Manager

Reviewed September 15, 2009

Great location for one night stay prior to boarding cruise ship

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple