“Conveniently located” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #50 of 158 Hotels in Stockholm
Belgrade, Serbia
“Conveniently located”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

I visited this hotel during a business trip to Stockholm. My room was small and had windows that couldn't open looking at the inner breakfast hall. Everything was clean and the hotel is conveniently located. Not sure if I would come back.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Klas F, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Royal Viking Hotel, Stockholm, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear AnaSrdjan,

Thank you for your review.
We really hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back with us!

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

If like me, one of things you like about Sweden is the design aesthetic - this hotel will disappoint you. As others have said, its advantages are its location, its location and its location. Really handy for train, bus and airport connections and also for walking into Gamla Stan and Skeppsholmen. Room and bathroom were perfectly spacious, I slept well and was undisturbed by other guests. Made sure I had breakfast fairly early and it was absolutely fine, although it was becoming a bit of a zoo by the time I left around 8.30am I understand that some of the hotel rooms have been updated - I definitely wasn't in one. Very dated decor, somewhat chipped at the edges, old school Grundvig tv with shaky screen, horrid metal/glass shower 'curtain', bizarrely no socket near the kettle so I had to boil it on the floor. And can it be a coincidence that as a single female traveller staying one night, I was initially given a room on the 3rd floor with an all-encompassing view of - a double height Portakabin opposite the station entrance? As a single, one night traveller I obviously rank very low in the hotel's ratings and was made to feel that; as a female traveller perhaps they think I am less likely to complain? Anyway, I did and was reluctantly given the 'only other room available' (at 2.30pm in the afternoon) which was on the 4th floor with a view of a back alley. It was an improvement although same 80s decor. When I checked out, I was charged for 2 breakfasts and it was only instinct that made me go back to double check the (non-itemised) bill. To summarise, there is nothing actually wrong with this hotel and there are some good aspects but that kind of decor is not what I come to Stockholm for and I suspect I was treated slightly unfavourably because I was travelling alone on a weekend. I won't be using the Radisson Blu chain again.

Room Tip: upper levels especially while major building works going on (obviously not under the hotel's con...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear happycampers13,

Thank you for your time to write a review. We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and will be used to consider improvements in the future.
However, we definitly do not rank our guests lower for being females or single travellers. We want to give all our guests the best service and meet all requests, regardless of the above mentioned.
Availability of rooms depends on if the hotel was fully booked the night before and who stays one or more nights. There is a lot of juggling every day for the front desk to get all guests with different length of their stays. (With that said, a one night stay is not ranked lower.) Whatever the time of day, they must take into account the number of people, number of nights and if some guests have special requests such as allergies, children in the other room or other requests.

I really hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to us in order to exceed your expectations.

Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

I generally stay in Radisson Blu hotels when travelling on business as they are good value for money. This hotel is in an excellent location. It is next to the Central train station, business district and has an ample selection of restaurants and bars nearby.
The hotel staff were very friendly and despite having a huge room capacity, the hotel didn't feel cramped and overcrowded.
My room was clean and comfortable with fast internet connection making this a perfect hotel for those travelling on business.

1 Thank M8181
Dear M8181,
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your styay with us.

We look forward to your next stay.

LONDON
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

I have visited a Radisson Blu in Oslo before and was underwhelmed to say the least. Expectations weren't high for the Stockholm one, but as they boasted a swimming pool I thought maybe they would be a cut above.

Well it wasn't really. The hotel is situated right by the train station (Arlanda Express platform is a 2 minute walk from the hotel door). That is handy for a traveller but wouldn't give you a favourable perspective on Stockholm if you were hoping for buzz or romance or class.

Lobby area is actually quite nice and check-in was very efficient and friendly. The bar area is adjacent and was very lively (for a Tuesday evening). I felt hopeful.

My room was a standard. It had 2 very narrow single beds and the duvet didn't meet the side of the bed. This was the same experience I had in Helsinki. Also the curtains didn't close properly in the middle. Though Stockholm is pretty dark most of the day at this time of year, I still got a nasty glow all night, presumably from the offices and station next door. The first thing you see on entering the room is a trouser press. That always amuses me.. why oh why make such a feature of such a mundane piece of equipment? Fine if I were a suit wearing chap.. but as a girl owning dresses and jumpers I would have to go to the "ironing room" to freshen up my clothes!

TV is very old fashioned and no decent channels (unless you count BBC news). So staying in is not an option. Pay TV was limited to about 4 films, non of which I had heard of. Carpet and all furnishings are very 70's and though the room was warm (temperature-wise) I felt no desire to spend an evening in there. Must say there was a kettle to make coffee/tea and that is not mentioned on their website for this class of room. There was an armchair of the style you might find in an old people's home.. complete with stain. Bathroom was fine.. bright and functional.

I had a drink in the lobby bar along with a rather disappointing ceasar salad (chicken was all grey leg). Next evening I ate in the hotel restaurant Fisk. Staff were really pleasant and service was very nice. Food good and wine nice... expensive, but this is Sweden.

Gym - really good size for a hotel gym but I think they have membership for locals also. Plenty of cardio equipment and weights or you could even book a personal trainer if you wanted. It doesn't compare to a chain gym high-end offering but it is sizeable and very functional. I went at 6 in the morning (couldn't sleep - did I mention the tiny duvet and the gappy curtains?!) and the gym was pretty much empty. I returned at 7pm and it was very busy indeed.

I hope I don't have to return to this hotel. Though the staff were very nice it just doesn't measure up to what I would expect for a business hotel. And honestly I wouldn't book it as a tourist either.

Room Tip: ask for a room on a high floor away from lift shafts and ask to be at the back of the hotel away fro...
Dear OverworkedUnderpaid,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review and share your feedback. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments, so we can continually improve our services.
We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

We drove here from Gothenburg (Volvo overseas delivery) and stayed at this hotel. It was very nice, the service was excellent and the rooms were comfortable and clean. The lobby was very neat, make sure to stand under each of the lighted areas inside the main entrance (you'll know it when you see it). We got a quick drink at the sky bar on the 9th floor, which was nice, albeit with a very limited draft beer selection.

The restaurant in the ground floor (Stockholm Fisk) was excellent. We had intended to go out for dinner somewhere, but after a long day of sightseeing, we decided to just eat there and we're very pleased. The service and the food were both fabulous, the meal was one of the best we had on our whole trip. They also have a much larger draft beer selection with lots of local Swedish beers.

All in all it was a good hotel. We would stay here again and would recommend it to anyone staying in Stockholm.

Bed: very comfortable, clean
Shower: good pressure and temperature, but had one of those halfway glass door doors that could make for some tricky multitasking in the morning for modest people
Coffee: there was coffee available at the breakfast buffet, but it didn't seem like takeaway was normal and the coffee itself wasn't great. Luckily there is an Espresso House literally next door, head out the main entrance and it is immediately on your right.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank buenpo
Klas F, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Royal Viking Hotel, Stockholm, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear buenpo,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next stay.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

Stay here when I am in Stockholm. Location is good, service same. Lobby bar perfect for meetings and the restaurant, Stockholm Fisk, is really worth trying. Breakfast is great, but probably a bit noisy and busy from time to time. Service there is slso good.
Rooms are still absolutely OK, even if they probably were top in the eighties.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Olaf H,

Thank you for your review.
You are always welcome back to us!

Porsgrunn, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

Conveniently placed next to the central station, having a great standard, and close to shopping areas and also Gamla Stan, this hotel was a great choice for us. The staff was friendly, although the breakfast was very crowded and not the very best I have had.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear MortenJondahl,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
We hope to have you back soon in order to have another opportunity to exceed your expectations.