“really nice hotel”

Comfort Hotel Stockholm
Ranked #59 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
Reviewed August 19, 2012

The localisation of this hotel is perfect - one minute from the bus terminal, 15 minutes from main touristic atractions. The stuff was very friendly, room was small but clean, modern and comfort. Also the breakfest was very tasty.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Comfort Hotel Stockholm

Reviewed August 15, 2012

I agree with all the positive comments from other contributors, location fab over the bus terminal, so easy to get the coach to the airport from here and only short walk to centre. great breakfast.
Yes the room is tiny but I knew this in advance and was prepared for it. Spotlessly clean and great shower. Have to commend staff member Sarah who checked us in and upgraded us to a double bed in a room with a window for no extra cost.....so friendly and a lovely smile.
Free Wifi is great as is the coffee/water/tea all day. would come back to this hotel if I'mever in Stockholm again.

Room Tip: Dont use the automated check in if you're hoping for an upgrade, speak to the lovely staff!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GalwayGirl007Galway
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I stayed here one night with my wife and her family. The hotel is located very close to the central train station and in the same building as the bus terminal so it was convenient for us since we had some luggage and came with train and left with the bus to the airport the next day. The price was also pretty good.

The room was comfortable but small without any windows. The single and twin rooms looked exactly the same with one normal bed and a second a bit smaller bed attached to the wall a bit above and beside the primary bed. To get up to the second bed you have to climb a bit so at least one in your party have to be in the physical condition to do so. In my room the extra bed wasn't completely level after you folded it down from the wall which caused me to wake up a few times during the night.

The bathroom was also very small and looked clean, but it smelled a bit like no one had used the shower for several weeks and the water lock had dried up.

In the lobby there were free coffee and tea and a few computers that you could use. The breakfast was included and it was a very nice breakfast.

The most annoying thing with the hotel was the elevator. Going up to the room with the luggage was no problem, but going down was a challenge and it took about 5-10 minutes before we finally got down.

When we got to the elevator we pressed the down button as we wanted to go down to the lobby. After a while the elevator stopped at our floor on the way up, since we wanted to go down we just let it pass thinking we'll take it when it comes down again. But on the way down the elevator went straight to the lobby without stopping on our floor.

We tried pressing the call button again and the exact same scenario happened. The third time I stepped on the elevator going up planning to press the button for our floor on the way down so it would stop.

On the top floor I pressed the button for our floor and another person who were going to the lobby pressed the button for the lobby. Then that overrode my choice and regardless of what buttons I pressed afterwards the elevator would only go directly to the lobby.

On the way up the next time I pressed the button for our floor and the elevator stopped there and the rest of my party came in and we rode the elevator to the top before we pressed the button for the lobby.

I talked a bit with a couple of other guys in the elevator that mentioned that as soon as someone presses the button for the lobby the elevator would go there. They were apparently staying on the top floor and had been going up and down many times before without ever reaching the top floor. Someone who was going down had always came in on an earlier floor on the way up and pressed the lobby button causing the elevator to go back down again.

After this experience I used the stairs instead.

All in all, it's an ok hotel and a good place to stay if you just want to spend the night somewhere close to the station.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2012

The hotel provides good value for the money I paid! The room is indeed very tiny but serve the purpose. We stay in a room with 2 beds. One bed has the standard setting. The 2nd one is on the wall that we need to take it down. We actually had good sleep at night.

The room rate includes breakfast and Wifi internet. The breakfast is not fancy but it has plenty food. The food in restaurants and convenient stores are very expensive in Stockholm that the free breakfast is money saver.

The Wifi speed is fast enough to check e-mails and search web .

The hotel location is convenient to many tourist attractions and restaurants. The building is right above the Arlanda express train that we take it to the airport.

I would definitely stay here again if I visit Stockholm.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Nice place to stay. Great location, 2 minutes away from the Bus Station and just a few blocks from City Center. Clean and good design. Friendly staff. Good rates specially if you book in advanced. You don't need more if you're into getting to know the city. Good offer in breakfast too, and it's included.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 12, 2012

The location of the hotel is very good. Very central and with easy access to the Central Station, which made our trip easy the following day.

The room and the bathroom were ok. Quite small, but... What I really missed was a window, because it felt very strange to stay in a room without a window.

Breakfast was continental and I appreciated having it served very early, as we had to take a train. Very conveniet.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Called the Swedish reception number to the hotel at Kungsbron stated on the website. No dialling option was given so got straight through to reception. Very irritated staff replied I had to call the booking centre and put me through. After waiting in an UK/Indian call centre I was passed back to reception and again I was passed back to the booking centre.... gave up eventually and called the hotel next door.

Terrible first impression.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com
1  Thank Annie-London2012