“Lovely reasonably priced hotel”

Clarion Collection Tapto
Ranked #19 of 155 Hotels in Stockholm
Reviewed February 20, 2013

All the hotel staff were extremely nice and child friendly. The room was lovely and comfortable for a family with 2 children. The food was nice. I liked the location - peaceful green district, it takes a short walk to the waterfront area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ZouZouZou
Write a ReviewReviews (1,131)

Reviewed January 29, 2013

We stayed in a superior room and I think this is worth the extra penny (perhaps around SEK150 or so per night) as the room looks much more spacious. Nice and changing dinner buffet each night, and tea/coffee round the clock. We stayed in two hotels in Stockholm and we consider this one excellent for value.

If you come from the airport I suggest you take the Flybus. Cheap (SEK99) and convenient. It stops at City Terminal and you will have to make your way to the T-bahn Central Station, which is around 10 minutes (with luggage) on foot from the City Terminal. Take T14 direction Morby (green line) for 2 stops. You then alight at T-bahn Stadion station, from where the hotel is at most 10 minutes (again with luggage) on foot.

We visited the Army Museum (recommended) and Saluhall, which are within walking distance from the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for business and I loved it! My room was very comfortable, quiet despite the streetside location and my bed was comfortable. This hotel is close to the Ostermalm station; about 5-10 minute walk. I also liked the free wifi throughout the hotel. The only thing I didnt like was the lack in diversity in breakfast and although I liked the concept of complimentary dinner, I found it disgusting.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We've just got back from a lovely stay in Stockholm and we stayed in this hotel for three nights. Firstly, for the price, the location is very handy. This hotel is situated just a few minutes walk away from the Stadion underground station, and from there it is only a five minute journey into the city centre. Alternatively, it is a pleasant 20 minute walk. Although the area itself is quite quiet, there are bars just a short walk away.

Our room was nicely decorated and clean. And although we were located just by the lift on the fourth floor, it was very quiet.

One of the big advantages we found to this hotel was the food which is included in the price. Breakfast and an evening buffet, plus free coffee and cake in the afternoon means you can feasibly not eat out anywhere else. For someone travelling on a budget, this is a massive perk as eating out in Stockholm is not cheap. Breakfast is a fairly typical continental affair, with a few traditional Swedish additions. The evening meal only really has one choice, but for the three nights we were there it was always tasty and filling - exactly what was needed after a day in the snow! However, vegetarians may struggle to find their needs catered for every night.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a good value and pleasant base to explore the city.

Just one last point too - travelling to the hotel / into the city from Arlanda airport can be pricey. If it's a weekday and there are more than two of you, a taxi will be your best bet at around 520 SEK. If you're travelling on Thursday - Sunday, the Arlanda Express, which departs from the city centre, is cheaper at around 380 SEK as it offers a two for one deal.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Adele25
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We visited Copenhagen, Oslo and Stockholm on our fall vacation this year and stayed with Clarion each time. This property was a little further than we like (it's probably a good mile walk to the water), more in the Ostermalm area than old town. BUT -- if you like quiet, tree-lined streets and peaceful areas, this may be for you. And upon reflection, its removed location probably made us get more exercise than we otherwise would have. Room was clean, comfortable and attractive. Breakfast was phenomenal and staff were friendly and helpful. A good value for the money.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor near the elevator and had no issues whatsoever.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed in the hotel from 24 sep. to 27 sep. Nice clean rooms and good staff. The complimentary evening snacks and dinner was great and made it good value for money in an expensive city. Location not in the city centre but very well connected by bus and the metro. Could get a direct bus to the cruise terminal. If i an in stockholm again I would definately stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I was attending a company training in the Stockholm University which is near the hotel. I stayed here during four moduls, three nights each time. The hotel is quite small but very clean and nice. The location is not in the city center but I like it since it offers better wiev to true and old Stockholm. Rooms were cosy and the lobby bar also. Breakfast, not the best I have had but it was good and also they offered the snack during evenings also, which was quite nice. Staff was polite and I never had any problems during my visits. I can recommend this place.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business