“Great location, gym, rooms, and breakfast”

Elite Eden Park Hotel
Ranked #14 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
Toronto, Canada
“Great location, gym, rooms, and breakfast”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Initially, we were really displeased with Elite Eden Park. We booked on booking.com and made a silly mistake - we booked the hotel for three nights instead of two. Problem was - it was a non-refundable booking. While it was totally our fault, it was a really honest mistake - we just wanted to cancel the third night and keep the first two. Booking.com told us it was out of their hands and up to the hotel. After some very frustrating back and forth conversations with the management, it was looking like we were going to have to waste $500 (the cost of one night in a regular room!), but fortunately the management cut us some slack and cancelled the last night for us and refunded our money. It took a while, but they did it.

When we got to the hotel, we were really pleased that everything had been resolved. The hotel was beautiful. Our room was small, but comfortable and very clean. The bathroom was a good size, though. The gym was very new, clean, and had excellent equipment. Breakfast was included (I think it's included for all rooms) and it was also great. Good selection (although the coffee wasn't very good, but that's not a big deal).

The location was fantastic. We loved being away from Gamla Stan and the major tourist areas. The hotel is right across from a beautiful park, and about a 10 minute walk to places like Ostermalms Saluhall (the market), and some excellent restaurants (Nybrogatan 38 and Pontus!). We really couldn't have picked a better location.

The hotel certainly isn't cheap, but I'm pretty sure that's the case throughout Stockholm, so I guess this place isn't that bad. I'd recommend it to others and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Try to get one that overlooks the park.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank lindsaypindsay

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Uber cool, luxurious room, very well appointed and stylish- great views over the park opposite. Although in the centre of the city, no particular problems with noise. Staff very efficient and welcoming. Breakfast was of a high standard in the neighbouring restaurant. Could just have done with a kettle in the room. Would love a return visit. Would recommend with hesitation.

Macungie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 14, 2013

As an US person, this hotel was exactly what I would expect a Swedish hotel to look like. You know all of those cool modern scandinavian design elements.

Location was perfect. Complimentary breakfast was out of this world. Room was small, but excellently designed and efficiently set up so it felt larger. Sauna and massage downstairs was first rate. Staff very friendly and helpful. Price was reasonable considering the location. Excellent Italian restaurant down the street.

There is nothing I could say negative about this experience. Would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank knives25
Belfast
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Had a great visit to Stockholm. Elite was in a really central location. Breakfast was included and was great. Restaurant in the hotel was some of the best sushi I have tasted. There was free wifi everywhere in the hotel.

1 Thank Philip519
London
Reviewed May 19, 2013

After reading all the positive reviews on tripadvisor I felt we weren't going to be disappointed and I wasn't wrong. The hotel is just ten minutes from the central station by taxi or a good walk if you have a map. The welcome was professional and our room was very clean and had a great view of the park. We headed straight out to get to Gamla Stan which is only 20 mins walk away if that. You have everything you need in the hotel, it's quiet, clean and very functional.

As with most city breaks you don't spend much time in your room but the hotel seemed to offer quite a few facilities we didn't get a chance to use such as a spa and sauna and the restaurant.

Breakfast was spot on, discreet service, plenty of choice and really tasty cooked food. We spent ages chatting over breakfast in the morning, something we never do at home and it was all down to the service and ambience.

Before we arrived I wanted to check how much it would be to arrange a bottle of champagne for my husband for our anniversary, Sarah the receptionist responded within minutes - very impressive! She also answered all my questions about getting to the hotel. I would recommend that if you are planning to get the train then a taxi that you just opt for the taxi all the way as it works out the same. However if you want to save £10 then you could walk to the central station and get a train to the airport. Tickets can be bought online before you go and can be cheaper.

There is also a bus but we didn't feel like trying to do that this time although would definitely consider it next time.

From the hotels we saw during our stay this definitely seems to offer the best of both worlds. Far enough from the tourist hub but near enough to walk.

Definitely recommend a visit to the Vasa Museum and try a local pizza!!

Gret hotel - we will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Go for a deluxe room with a park view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LondonScott
Mjolby, Sweden
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Stayed at the Elite Eden four nights and found it both good and bad. The hotel is located in a nice neighbourhood almost in the city centre, it's walking distance to many of the main attractions in Stockholm.
Check in was smooth and the staff were friendly.
Got a room at the 6th floor overlooking a street. Room was very quiet which I appreciated. The room had a contemporary design, a big flat screen TV and a comfortable bed. WiFi was really good as well.
But there were some downsides as well. The carpet was heavily stained, some of it even looked like blood. Bedding had stains which also looked like blood and that was not nice at all.
If these things were sorted I would have scored this hotel a 4, quite strange that this is not paid attention to as others seems to have experienced the same thing.
Breakfast was adequate, most things were there but nothing special. Staff was nice and friendly though.
I can't rate this hotel higher than "average". If the things mentioned above were sorted I would rate it higher.
Overall it could be a really nice hotel. The location is excellent and the rate was reasonable.

4 Thank j_a70
Sutton, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Being an Elite club member,I was bombarded with advertisements with this hotel's so called luxurious standard but ended up on the short end of the promise when I booked myself in here(am on my third night here as I'm writing this).
This hotel is staffed by some of the unfriendliest employees I have yet to come across in a country known for its courtesy and service with a smile.
Checked in and had requested a quiet room prior to my arrival but had to argue with the staff before they "discovered"one for me.
The rooms are clean and modern but have nothing luxurious about them,just standard rooms for an average rate of $400-450 a night!The location is good though.
The breakfast which is included lacks much of the lavish layouts of Helsingborg's Elite hotel for example.No milk substitutes and too few items to chose from.Not one banana or prune in sight!
Their Pub,the Bishop's Arms,has a Ceasar's Sallad on their menu for 180 sek.That's almost $30!!
Stayed May 15-19.