“Too expensive for what you get” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1,650 of 2,999 Restaurants in Stockholm
Cuisines: Scandinavian, International, Swedish
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Norrmalm
“Too expensive for what you get”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

I went here for a business lunch and was pretty disappointed, although I should have expected it after reading the others' reviews. The food was just ok - oxtail soup, but the ox was tough, salmon that tasted pretty unremarkable and then creme brulee which was fine; the service was rather mediocre - the waitresses looked pretty bored and irritable, as if we'd disturbed them from something important. Otherwise, the place has a nice feeling to it, with a clean Scandinavian design. However, it's pretty expensive for what you get and has a rather limited offer. Will definitely not go there again anytime soon.

1 Thank PickyTrippers

london
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

Young crowd. lovely food well cooked. good service. good range on the menu.
i'd definitely return or recommend.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
London
“An experience of Stockholm Restaurant prices.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

This restaurant was close to my hotel and looked very pleasant - not at all grand - and most of the clientele were young and female. I was shown to a table just for one and the smiley waitress asked if I wanted some water. I couldn’t believe it when she said flat or fizzy. On every table I could see there was a carafe of tap water. I immediately felt I was being taken for a mug. My first course was “Sea Crayfish soup with smoked lobster and scallop and citronette” though I thought of it as you’re-having-a-laugh soup. I was presented with a large round plate with a dome cover the size of a breakfast tea cup in the middle. The waitress removed the dome and there was in indentation in the plate of matching size to the dome. In it was a tiny piece of lobster and two small scallops and a shaving of some vegetable. These were all cold so I didn't understand the purpose of the dome. Onto this she poured the crayfish soup. So I had a few spoonfuls of warm, and very salty, soup with cold seafood. This dish cost £18. The main course was much better a chunk of pork belly, slow cooked and delicious, with vegetables and for dessert what was described as creme bruleé but it was quite large and flat so there was much more crunch than usual but much less cream. The three course meal with a glass of wine and bread and butter cost £65. I can’t believe it as I type it but that was a snip compared to many Stockholm restaurants.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Malbear
Stockholm, Stockholms Län, Sweden
“Excellent food in a cozy environment”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

Museet is a nice restaurant located on Birger Jarlsgatan a couple of stone throws from Stureplan. The menu is really intriguing and a good range of meals to chose from. Both times, I have been there I have not been disappointed. The decoration is cozy and inspired from museum artifacts just as the name of the restaurants suggests. Try it out, you won't be disappointed.

Stockholm, Sweden
“Relaxed and helpful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

We made a late reservation for three adults and one child and got an OK without any fuzz.

When we arrived we got a table next to the window straight away while being presented with the menues. The drink orders were taken and delivered swiftly with feeling like being rushed.

Going out to dinner with a small child (17 months) sometimes feel like a burden as many restaurants really do not consider you there favourite target group, but here we felt nothing but welcome with excellent service all through the meal.

Both me and my wife opted for the steak minute and it was one of the best we've both had - comparison with the Swedish Biff & Bea is ridicolous although the same on paper - with a light but rich bearnaise sauce and a fresh tomato salad.

My mothers choise of arctic char with a side salad, mozzarella and tomatoes and roasted new potatoes went down well and she was very happy with both presentation and taste while our son loved the meatballs and mash.

The desserts were all rich but came with a plentiful of berries to lighten them up and with a nice cup of coffee on the side.

The entire experience felt very much like a visit to a Parisian bistro - which both me and my wife enjoys..

• Visited August 2012