“nice treat”

Ranked #938 of 3,136 Restaurants in Stockholm
Cuisines: South American
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mariatorget
Description: Nyagatan Patagonia aims to offer guests the best of South American food, drink and atmosphere. With a focus on flame-grilled meat in all its guises and new interpretations of classic dishes from across South America, this restaurant wants to show guests the flavours that this continent has to offer. Local knowledge and local ingredients make this a colourful experience. There is a wide assortment of wines from Chile and Argentina, with local grapes such as Carmenere, Malbec and Torrontes dominating. All wines can be ordered by the glass. The Gotland brewery's high-class beer is the perfect complement to the rich food on offer. The restaurant also offers Quilmes beer from Argentina, a brew that is often hard to find in this part of the world. The cocktail menu contains both classic and innovative mixes and draws inspiration from South America.
Reviewed August 30, 2014

They have really good grill meat, latino dishes, wine in a good price and value. The service is ok. It's worth to do reservation.

There are newer reviews for La Patagonia

Reviewed May 27, 2014

Was 2 weeks ago. Average food at a ok price, but the attitude of the waiting staff is just atrocious.
I have been here 3 years ago, and then it was nicer.
Better to go to Petsounds down the street. Nice friendly staff, and much nicer outside seating area.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

I went there for dinner after a colleague in Stockholm told me about it. I was apprehensive after reading the reviews on TA but am I glad I went. I did not make a reservation but would recommend it. The service was fantastic. The food was great (I had wild boar stew) and, as I learned, they have a rotating menu so it's never the same thing twice! The dessert was also fantastic. Total bill for a 3 course meal with beer was 400kr, far cheaper than I had paid the night before elsewhere for much worse food and service.

2  Thank AgileDude
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Almost 2 years ago somebody told me that I should visit this restaurant if I wanted south american food and a nice glass of wine. That time I wasn't at all impressed.
This time I went back to see if maybe things had changed.
And to my surprise we felt the change as soon as we opened the door. The restaurant was almost full but the waiter quickly managed to set us at a table by the curtain that separates the entrance from a part of the dining area. Not the best seats in the room, but not having a reservation left us with no other choice.
The waiter was a breath of fresh air. He started speaking English right away, until he found that we both speak Spanish. Having very fond memories of our trip to Chile we we're very happy to see that the menu contained both empanadas, leche asada and a good selection of Chilean wines.
We started with 2 pisco sours. (Not as good as in Chile, but just as close as one can get)
Followed with the empanada and calamares. Nice flavours.
Main course: Anticucho con Solomillo y Chorizo. The papas mayo that comes with the dish had that homemade taste that makes you feel like you're sitting in your mothers kitchen.
All in all, the atmosphere was amazing. The service very friendly, and quick. The food very nice. The wines a bit expensive, but what one can expect in Stockholm, one of the priciest cities in Europe.
Enjoy.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

We were there with a lot of expectations in terms of food. My starter (ceviche) was very salty and the costumer service was really poor.
The waiter(seems the owner) was very rude to us and some other costumer, probably he was stressed being by himself but thats no the right thing to do when you have a restaurant.
Also it was very pricey.