“Great time”

Restaurant Langa Raden
Ranked #278 of 3,346 Restaurants in Stockholm
Cuisines: Swedish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Hotell Skeppsholmen is located in a historic building from 1699 with interiors by Claesson Koivisto Rune, where you will find the restaurant with its accompanying bar and lounge. The restaurant menu focuses on modern Swedish cuisine and offers delicacies such as fillet of venison with a mulled wine sauce and glazed carrots or west coast casserole with lobster mayonnaise. Weekdays see three menus; home fare of the week, business lunch menu and an à la carte menu. The restaurant aims to create a pleasant atmosphere for hotel guests to mix with Stockholmers and other visitors from near and far.
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Just had dinner there tonight and my wife and I are both very pleased. Although crowded (on a Monday night!), we were seated promptly and attended to well. Like most trendy places these days, they said they like to use very fresh, local suppliers. We ordered local slow cooked pork belly which was fabulous. We then had a yummy rhubarb dessert. We asked our waitress about one of the ingredients, and she apologized for not knowing because it was her first day here. She immediately found out and let us know. Excellent, friendly and prompt service!

It is located on one of the islands in central Stockholm, and may be hard to find. It is worth the effort to get there.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I was very pleased with the presentation and the taste was really, really good. I didn't expect much at 11 o'clock at night, but was pleasantly surprised by the lovely chicken salad. The service was very good also.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Not being a fan of dark hotels, I wondered if we should have stayed in Gamla Stan or Central Stockholm but I am delighted with the choice I made of Hotel Skeppsholmen. I did book a small room and I'm sorry to say I knew it would be too small as these are old barracks and we could hardly get our suitcases and packs in (we have been on the road for quite a while) and the staff said if we could manage with our small bags he'd happily store them but we opted to upgrade to a mini suite which was an extra 400sek per night. If I had only small bags I wouldn't have bothered. The views and the light in our 3rd floor minisuite are terrific and we can control the temperature and have water views, so I'd ask for the 260 to 280 rooms facing the water. You are in the eaves though so if you are tall.... Our mini suite consists of a very small shower room with a silly basin, a small room with a couch and chair and wardrobe, which is under the eaves adn a very spacious bedroom which wouldn't be so spacious if the wardrobe had to be in it. So we decided to spoil ourselves but we did want to relax in this splendid hotel as well because it is in a fine location. The breakfast is included and it is a lovely breakfast. Cereals, fruit, yoghurt, fruitjuices, great coffee, tea choice, and a selection of hot and cold buffet. It isn't as grand as our Norweigian hotels but more than adequate. The breakfast room tends to get crowded about 9.30 to be patient. You can eat inside or out, weather permitting. The staff are friendly and helpful when asked, but they don't interfere with you unless you wish them too. Again I wish there had been coffee or tea making facilities in the suite as we enjoyed an hour our two there. I am very happy with my choice and would recommend it highly.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I enjoyed my meal just not the price tag. I know sweden is expensive in general, but my meal just did not warrant the price. I would still go again if in the area but not before trying some other establishments 1st. Maybe another dish would be better than the one i selected. Service was very good. Atmosphere was also enjoyable.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

While staying at the hotel and being rather tired after a full day of walking around, we chose to eat in the hotel twice. The restaurant/breakfast section of teh hotel Skeppsholmen is called " Lange Raden Restaurant".
There is a very limited à la carte-menu and an equaly limited wine/beer-list.
Food is OK but that's all you can say. We were never impressed by taste or quality.
Restaurant was quite dark too.
Like someone stated earlier : just an avarage restaurant with highly inflated prices.