“Super stylish and in a great location but the bathroom?!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nobis Hotel

Nobis Hotel
Ranked #18 of 158 Hotels in Stockholm
Mosman Park
“Super stylish and in a great location but the bathroom?!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

I adore this hotel on many levels. The attention to details in their design aesthetic is wonderful and I appreciate the cupboards in the bedroom are hand carved. Love the lighting in the lobby and the lounge area is spectacular.
We enjoyed the Italian cafe at the front several times for people watching as well as the food. Couldn't be happier with the position...right next to one of my favourite design stores Acne and super close the NK which is a brilliant design store.
Staff were lovely.
Bed and pillows very comfortable.
My issue and I'm guessing the design of the cupboards and bathroom were done by a man.... where do all my cosmetics, face creams, washes, brushes etc go? And why are there so few hangars in the cupboard and only 1 and half draws for clothes. I felt i really couldn't unpack properly and I literally was living out of my suitcase which I hate. I like to get everything out, have it at easy reach and settle in. Not be rummaging around for things. It was quite frustrating.
I admire the clean lines of the bathroom but please find some way of putting up some shelving and glasses for women's ( or guy's stuff ) and maybe make one bedside table something with draws and get more hangers in the cupboard!!

Breakfasts are delicious.
Our room overlooked the square and some might find it noisy but earplugs work fine.
I love this place but it just needs to make itself a tad more practical.

Room Tip: Ask for a big room if you can afford it.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Freofan
Andreas C, Manager at Nobis Hotel, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear Freofan,

Many thanks for your feedback! I am glad you enjoyed the interior details! Hope you had a chance to look through the book telling about all the various design backgrounds and stories. Most of the bathrooms, especially the ones with a bathtub, are fairly spacious but I can understand your wish for more storage space. Thank you for the comments and hope to see you back soon!

Deputy General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dusseldorf, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

Loved the interior of this wonderful Hotel. Especially the lamps in the lobby. I was for business at Nobis Hotel and enjoyed very much working at the Lounge. I had a room facing the streets where i could see the see, Beds and linen were incredible, i slept very good.

But not the interior of the Hotel is great, also the staff are very friendly and service minded, you dont find that a lot in Stockhom i feel. I was escorted to my room, my luggage where immediately taken care of and the check out was smooth.

I stayed for two night and also ate at Caina, a restaurant based in the basement of the Hotel, it was really authentic italian food and everybody where very knowledgeable about their food and wine. Caina is closed for lunch but then you can to the Bistro and enjoy sallads and sandwhiches.

Location is also a big plus, it is very close to restaurants, shopping areas and Tourist sightseeings.
I would definitly come back to Nobis for business or lesiure.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Andreas C, Manager at Nobis Hotel, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear guest,

Highly appreciate your detailed review! Happy you had the chance to try out our restaurant aswell. Spring is coming closer and in only a few weeks you can also enjoy your lunch, dinner of evening drinks at our terrace facing Norrmalmstorg Square!

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

Great hotel. Trendy feel - like a W - rooms are small but decent size. Lobby bar has some nightlife. Staff is insanely helpful and service oriented. But the best thing about this hotel was definitely the location. Prime location and extremely safe for a do travel. Good value for the price. I would return.

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Jennifer D
Dear Jennifer D,
Thank you for your kind review! Happy you found our location on Norrmalmstorg to be convenient but even more pleased with your feedback in regards to our service. Looking forward having you back!

moscow
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is perfectly located, nice design of the main halls, good stuff, good bar, good breakfast... But the rooms are sooo small!! I had dbl with Quinn size bed, it was about 11 sq. m not more and I always rub the TV that was so close to bed... 30 cm not more)) I think I will stay again but I will be more careful with room choosing... Not standard dbl!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Kat k
Dear Kat K,
Many thanks for your feedback! Pleased to see you enjoyed our public areas, breakfast and service! Our Standard Queen rooms are between 17-22 sqm with a 160cm bed so please do try out one of our bigger rooms at your next visit. We have beautiful Superior or Deluxe with a view towards either Norrmalmstorg Square or Berzelii Park.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

I was here for my first visit to Stockholm, the hotel was recommended by local colleagues. The first disappointment was having to drag my case up the exterior stairs myself with no sign of any staff to help. The reception area was beautiful, and staff warm and helpful and really lovely. The bar and lounge area is exquisite and the gym was fabulous and well equipped.. However the room let it all down. It was tiny, with just enough room to walk around the bed, and felt really cramped. I found out why they put ear plugs in the amenity kit when I went to bed and could hear the noise from the busy street outside. Breakfast was ok but I found the room dark and claustrophobic as there was no natural light and it was at lower ground level. Buffet food looked tired and there were no menus although I discovered you could order eggs from the waiting staff. I would stay here again but would go for a superior room as apparently these are bigger. The standard queen room I had was just too small.

Room Tip: Go for a superior room to make sure it's roomy and ask for a quiet room to avoid the traffic noi...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank BizTravAnd
Dear guest,
Thank you for your positive words in regards to our public spaces! The Lounge with its 28 meters ceiling height is very much the heart of the hotel! Apologies that one of our porters were not present to assist you with your bags up the steps at the entrance. I hope you return to us at your next Stockholm visit and perhaps try out a Superior, Deluxe or any of the other larger categories that we offer.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

Very nice hotel but the there is no welcoming feeling. There is no porter to help with our luggage so we had to carry it in and up stairs our self. Checking in was quick and simple and we were given our key straight away.

We took a standard room, which was very nice, nice decoration, but it was very small. The beds are very soft, to soft for myself and my husband which gave us both back pain. We called them and asked them to make the bed harder. Usually in hotels they have a under sheet which can be different hardness. The told us no problem and they would sort it out for us. Once we got back to the room in the evening the bed was much better but once we looked under the mattress we couldn’t believe what they had done. They had taken two big piece of wooden board (different sizes) and overlapped them onto the bed. One side of the bed ended up being higher than the other and it was just terrible. We called them and they said the maids had done it and that it was not acceptable and they were very sorry. We just ended sleeping on the soft mattress for the rest of the trip. The Italian restaurant in the hotel is excellent, amazing food and service. You have to dine there.

I have to say I wont come back to this hotel, I would prefer to go to a lore boutique hotel, such as the Story hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Andreas C, Manager at Nobis Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear Zyna21,
Many thanks for your review! We have a few steps at the entrance of the hotel that we, considering the building is from the late 19-century, cannot change however we always have a porter at stand-by to assist with luggage. It seems we failed to help you with your bags which is very unfortunate, my sincere apologies! The personalized service is otherwise something we receive a lot of positive feedback from so I'm sad to read your experience was not up to standard.

Happy you enjoyed Caina Restaurant! Hopefully you are back shortly and can also try out the food at our terrace that opens up once summer is here. Hoping to have you back next time allowing us to really look after you!

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

Loved the location, the staff were sensational, hotel wonderful.
This is the best hotel on all fronts we stayed at in a month away. Perhaps not the most luxurious but the staff made it the best they were just fantastic.
I am in the travel industry and have the opportunity to travel and stay in some wonderful hotels, this rates extremely highly for me. It ticked all the boxes.
The rooms are simply and very adequate, modern with all you would need. The public rooms are just lovely.
If anyone had a complaint about this hotel I would be very surprised.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank 511sallie
Andreas C, Manager at Nobis Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear 511sallie,
Lovely to read your review! The location of our hotel and the interior and exterior beauty of our property is something we are very proud of however we put a lot of focus on personalized service so I am happy you found it satisfactory. Looking forward welcoming you back soon!