“Great hotel in wonderful location”
Review of Nobis Hotel

Nobis Hotel
Ranked #15 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I booked Nobis for our traditional European family trip reunion over Thanksgiving (we leave in NY and my family in Italy) following suggestions from a couple of Swedish friends. I have to say that we were very happy with our stay (from my parents to my daughter who is11 years old and pretty well travelled). Décor is modern but not overwhelmingly trendy, loved the wood flooring in the rooms and the absence of that horrible paintings that often fill hallway walls....less is more! Great elegant building walking distance from shopping, Old Town, Christmas markets, ice-skating etc etc. Service was great, from excellent front desk to very helpful Argentinian server at breakfast (which was by the way very good). If you top the experience with a very happening bar and an unpretentious bistro on site, perfect for an easy dinner after a long day, you cannot ask for more.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
NobisHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Nobis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Dear Stefania G,

Thank you very much for your kind words. It is great to hear that you all enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon again!

Merry Christmas!

Christian Dyhlén
Head Concierge

Reviewed December 5, 2013

A very good central location, clean, good breakfast & wifi. Room itself and Bathroom nice and complete with everything you need, maybe a little bid small but OK.
Bistro and Bar very nice, 'cool' and modern.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
NobisHotel, Manager at Nobis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Dear Klaus0366,

We thank you for your kind feedback. Please do also try our wonderful Italian restaurant Caina next time you are here. You won’t be sorry! We hope to see you soon again.

Andreas L’Estrade
Hotel Manager

Reviewed December 4, 2013

This hotel has a good location and is good looking, but there are some issues that make it only a reasonable hotel...... First of all, it is not a five star hotel at all. The room is clean but small and strange..... The bathroom is nice..... The main negative point is the following.... Most of the rooms have no views to the street, but internall view. The hotel has a bar in the lobby that is full every night until late night.... Worse than that, such bar has a lounge in the middle of the building exactly where most of the rooms are located.... Therefore, the noise is so high and goes until late night..... It makes no sense at all..... They prefer to have a lounge than provide a good night of sleep to their customers...... I know 35 contries and I have never seen anything like that...... It is really bad..... But the location of the hotel is great, breakfast is nice and staff is very good.... Due to the crazy lounge I would not stay there again.....

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MarcosBM
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Stayed at Nobis in September 2013. The booking was made for Deluxe category, directly on official hotel www. We were informed about low square of Standard rooms. Because of that the decision about higher category was made. Payment for accommodation was arranged during check in. First thing which surprised me by entering the room was low square. After quick overview I understood that the room is Standard, furthermore - for disabled. Whole room was equipped for comfortable stay of disabled person. To avoid scandal on reception I started with peaceful: "what about words on this confirmation I got: "The majority of our Deluxe rooms have both bathtub and separate shower." Bathtub was obligatory for our infant comfort. Sure, disabled room looked like a combine of bath curtain, water discharge on the floor and shower tube.
Reception on duty made a hint about my poor knowledge of foreign languages, that I incorrectly understood the phrase in confirmation, and that they got only rooms with bathtub OR shower, not BOTH. Ok, still holding myself I asked to change the room to bathtub then. An answer was standard: "we've got lots of clients today, it's almost impossible to make a change". Strictly at the moment of transfer of scandal from mind to verbal reception declared that they found the room with bathtub and we were transferred there. Truly, the room changed to more sq.m. and the most wondering was: what a "success" - a bathtub and shower in bathroom. Strange! 10 mins ago I heard that such rooms does not exist in hotel's offer???!!! )))
Also, there's a nightclub nearby, which "sounds" at weekend nights, but, frankly speaking, not very noisy.
Everything else was perfect and worth the money. Location is near main sights and nice shopping centers for any budget. The dinner from room service menu was a perfect thing during the search of a places to eat nearby. Overall situation in Europe with fast-food and doner everywhere makes a mission to find smth nice almost impossible, but I prefer borsch )))
Stockholm is very impressive and I hope I visit it again!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 15, 2013

This ia a lovely hotel. The staff could not be more helpful and nice! I had a little hiccup with my purse on day and the staff was amazing with helping me in a potentially bad situation. The hotel is very modern..almost stark...BUT, it is very comfortable and clean. The Italiam bistro attached to the hotel is nice, but small...we had lunch there and enjoyed it. We cam in late one night looking for a glas of wine and dessert..they could not fit us in..very small...I was not impressed with the "award winning" hotel bar...but, my husband thought it was nice. All in all, the hotel is noce and a good value for location and the staff...probably would stay here again...bathroom was very small. I cant tell you again, how wonderful the staff was to us!!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JKCDMom
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Pros - perfect central location, clean, good quality breakfast, good wifi reception. Bathroom with shower, on the small side but has everything you need.

Cons – very unfriendly room: a useless curved bed stool where you could keep a few items right in the middle or they would slide down, tiny wardrobe, tinier desk, difficult to reach outlets. Burnt out unfixed lamp, not replaced, just added another lamp to an already cramped room.

Dark corridors with fake plants. Modern as in Ikea modern, not as in Four Seasons New York modern, regardless of what they pretend and print.

A disco in the area blasts all night long at full volume so you need the earplugs they nicely provide.

Very crowded and windowless breakfast room, tables so close it was almost impossible to reach buffet.

Had dinner at the 'Italian' restaurant, not Italian, just an attempt. To forget.

Staff too young and untrained, at check in they didn't have details on my booking (breakfast included) they said they amended it but same problem at check out: I had to go to their website myself on my Iphone and show the promotion they said it didn't exist!

In general staff couldn't be bothered, apart from bellboy who was very helpful both in helping out and giving suggestions.

All in all It is a good three star hotel but it is far from being a four star let alone a five star hotel!

If you get a good deal go for it but do not expect a lot, it covers the basic.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the square have beautiful view but are noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank vanderluyden
NobisHotel, Manager at Nobis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Dear vanderluyden,

We thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that we did not live up to your expectations. With regards to the design it is of course very individual what people like and don’t like. Our design firm, CKR, has won several awards for the design of the hotel. Since we are so centrally located, some noise is unfortunately unavoidable. It is however not a common occurrence. The breakfast can at times be very busy, but this is something most hotels experience during rush hour. You should, however, of course be able to get to the buffet. Our restaurant is widely regarded as one of the best Italian restaurants in Sweden and has mainly Italian chefs. I hope that you will give it another chance if you find your way back here. I sincerely apologize if you felt the service was not good. Service is our top priority and we always strive to improve. Again, we thank you for your comments and hope to see you again soon.

Andreas L'Estrade
Hotel Manager

Reviewed October 20, 2013

If you like modern design hotels, this is the perfect place. Awesome location for travelers, whether you're in town for business or pleasure. You are literally within walking distance from the main shopping area, the waterfront and the old town. The rooms are clean, nicely appointed and comfortable, and the service was great overall (with one slight hiccup explained later). We had only one slight hiccup during our visit due to a miscommunication or misunderstanding by one of the concierges. However, once we explained the error to other staff, they went out of their way to help fix the problem, which literally salvaged the rest of our holiday. Also, the under-the-radar Italian restaurant was surprisingly excellent. We wouldn't stay anywhere else in Stockholm.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bubbastyle
NobisHotel, Kundansvarig at Nobis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Dear Bubbastyle,

Thank you very much for your kind words and feedback. Please let me personally apologize for the miscommunication. We always strive to offer the absolute best service and I am glad that it didn’t impact your holiday too much! We look forward to seeing you back here soon again.

Christian Dyhlén