“Pay for Deluxe - stay @ Standard”
Review of Nobis Hotel

Nobis Hotel
Ranked #21 of 155 Hotels in Stockholm
St. Petersburg, Russia
“Pay for Deluxe - stay @ Standard”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Stayed at Nobis in September 2013. The booking was made for Deluxe category, directly on official hotel www. We were informed about low square of Standard rooms. Because of that the decision about higher category was made. Payment for accommodation was arranged during check in. First thing which surprised me by entering the room was low square. After quick overview I understood that the room is Standard, furthermore - for disabled. Whole room was equipped for comfortable stay of disabled person. To avoid scandal on reception I started with peaceful: "what about words on this confirmation I got: "The majority of our Deluxe rooms have both bathtub and separate shower." Bathtub was obligatory for our infant comfort. Sure, disabled room looked like a combine of bath curtain, water discharge on the floor and shower tube.
Reception on duty made a hint about my poor knowledge of foreign languages, that I incorrectly understood the phrase in confirmation, and that they got only rooms with bathtub OR shower, not BOTH. Ok, still holding myself I asked to change the room to bathtub then. An answer was standard: "we've got lots of clients today, it's almost impossible to make a change". Strictly at the moment of transfer of scandal from mind to verbal reception declared that they found the room with bathtub and we were transferred there. Truly, the room changed to more sq.m. and the most wondering was: what a "success" - a bathtub and shower in bathroom. Strange! 10 mins ago I heard that such rooms does not exist in hotel's offer???!!! )))
Also, there's a nightclub nearby, which "sounds" at weekend nights, but, frankly speaking, not very noisy.
Everything else was perfect and worth the money. Location is near main sights and nice shopping centers for any budget. The dinner from room service menu was a perfect thing during the search of a places to eat nearby. Overall situation in Europe with fast-food and doner everywhere makes a mission to find smth nice almost impossible, but I prefer borsch )))
Stockholm is very impressive and I hope I visit it again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dallas, TX
Reviewed November 15, 2013

This ia a lovely hotel. The staff could not be more helpful and nice! I had a little hiccup with my purse on day and the staff was amazing with helping me in a potentially bad situation. The hotel is very modern..almost stark...BUT, it is very comfortable and clean. The Italiam bistro attached to the hotel is nice, but small...we had lunch there and enjoyed it. We cam in late one night looking for a glas of wine and dessert..they could not fit us in..very small...I was not impressed with the "award winning" hotel bar...but, my husband thought it was nice. All in all, the hotel is noce and a good value for location and the staff...probably would stay here again...bathroom was very small. I cant tell you again, how wonderful the staff was to us!!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JKCDMom
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Pros - perfect central location, clean, good quality breakfast, good wifi reception. Bathroom with shower, on the small side but has everything you need.

Cons – very unfriendly room: a useless curved bed stool where you could keep a few items right in the middle or they would slide down, tiny wardrobe, tinier desk, difficult to reach outlets. Burnt out unfixed lamp, not replaced, just added another lamp to an already cramped room.

Dark corridors with fake plants. Modern as in Ikea modern, not as in Four Seasons New York modern, regardless of what they pretend and print.

A disco in the area blasts all night long at full volume so you need the earplugs they nicely provide.

Very crowded and windowless breakfast room, tables so close it was almost impossible to reach buffet.

Had dinner at the 'Italian' restaurant, not Italian, just an attempt. To forget.

Staff too young and untrained, at check in they didn't have details on my booking (breakfast included) they said they amended it but same problem at check out: I had to go to their website myself on my Iphone and show the promotion they said it didn't exist!

In general staff couldn't be bothered, apart from bellboy who was very helpful both in helping out and giving suggestions.

All in all It is a good three star hotel but it is far from being a four star let alone a five star hotel!

If you get a good deal go for it but do not expect a lot, it covers the basic.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the square have beautiful view but are noisy.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank vanderluyden
NobisHotel, Manager at Nobis Hotel, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear vanderluyden,

We thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that we did not live up to your expectations. With regards to the design it is of course very individual what people like and don’t like. Our design firm, CKR, has won several awards for the design of the hotel. Since we are so centrally located, some noise is unfortunately unavoidable. It is however not a common occurrence. The breakfast can at times be very busy, but this is something most hotels experience during rush hour. You should, however, of course be able to get to the buffet. Our restaurant is widely regarded as one of the best Italian restaurants in Sweden and has mainly Italian chefs. I hope that you will give it another chance if you find your way back here. I sincerely apologize if you felt the service was not good. Service is our top priority and we always strive to improve. Again, we thank you for your comments and hope to see you again soon.

Kind regards,

Hong Kong
Reviewed October 20, 2013

If you like modern design hotels, this is the perfect place. Awesome location for travelers, whether you're in town for business or pleasure. You are literally within walking distance from the main shopping area, the waterfront and the old town. The rooms are clean, nicely appointed and comfortable, and the service was great overall (with one slight hiccup explained later). We had only one slight hiccup during our visit due to a miscommunication or misunderstanding by one of the concierges. However, once we explained the error to other staff, they went out of their way to help fix the problem, which literally salvaged the rest of our holiday. Also, the under-the-radar Italian restaurant was surprisingly excellent. We wouldn't stay anywhere else in Stockholm.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bubbastyle
NobisHotel, Kundansvarig at Nobis Hotel, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Bubbastyle,

Thank you very much for your kind words and feedback. Please let me personally apologize for the miscommunication. We always strive to offer the absolute best service and I am glad that it didn’t impact your holiday too much! We look forward to seeing you back here soon again.

Kind regards,

Christian Dyhlén
Head Concierge
Connecticut, USA
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The hotel is simply the best. It's beautiful, modern, and the staff is among the best. The location is perfect. The atrium lobby is gorgeous, and the hotel has an energetic vibe. I wouldn't stay anywhere is in Stockholm

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
NobisHotel, Kundansvarig at Nobis Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear BrunswickBabe,

You almost make us blush with your wonderful review! We are very grateful that you have taken the time to share your experience at Nobis. We hope to see you many more times in the future!

With humble gratitude,

Christian Dyhlén
Head Concierge
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Located in the heart of the business center, Nobis has great service, comfortable rooms, and solid amenities. In a word, the hotel made my trip easy.

Positives
1. The location is very convenient to the harbor, shops, lots of restaurants and the financial district.
2. The room was on the small side but big enough and not untypical for European hotels.
3. Beds were clean and comfortable. Area is pretty quiet.
4. Bathroom was good sized with large shower
5. Fitness center has new equipment (2 treadmills, one elliptical and a bike, plus weights and a few machines)
6. Service was outstanding. Front desk was warm, friendly and accommodating

Negatives
1. Room was a bit dark. I think the hotel design is intended to be somewhat modern, which is not my style and I would have preferred to see clearly in my hotel room.
2. Carpeting in the room was spare. Again, I think this was by design.
3. King bed was actually two twins jammed together

Room Tip: Make sure your king bed actually is a king and not two twins
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
NobisHotel, Hotelldirektör at Nobis Hotel, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear QuietPeacefulDance,

Thank you for your stay with us. Our design is very special and we are very satisfied with the award-winning Swedish design studio; Claesson Koivisto Rune and their work with Nobis Hotel."A source of inspiration has been the moods, colors and features of the city of Stockholm itself, not those of a bright sparkling summer day but instead those winter days, when the light is weak and flat, contrasts low and colors and shadows subtle"

Every room is however unique and we are bringing extra lamps every here and there. Sorry if we missed your room!

Thank you for your comments and for next time we will make sure you will be allocated a room with a comfy King size bed.

Best Regards,

Heathrow, Florida
Reviewed October 9, 2013

This is, hands down, my favourite hotel in Stockholm. The staff is friendly, the decor is amazing, the rooms are clean and spacious with an amazing view of the city. It is located next door- literally- to the Acne store, and extremely close to all the shopping, including Nordiska Kompaniet. Also, the Byredo toiletries are to die for. LOVE!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
NobisHotel, Hotelldirektör at Nobis Hotel, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Jannike,

Thank you for your feedback. I am truly glad to hear that we are your favourite hotel in Stockholm.We will try to exceed your expectations next time you visit us!

Best Regards,