“Nice Property in Good Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Nobis Hotel

Nobis Hotel
Ranked #19 of 158 Hotels in Stockholm
Blaenau Ffestiniog, United Kingdom
“Nice Property in Good Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

We don’t normally stay in the trendy boutique hotels, usually opting for the comforting name of a chain hotel, but we stayed here and loved it. The room was beautiful (although a little small not cramped). The location was perfect and the tram stopped right outside although walking distance to places also. Staff was great – we had a lovely time.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

My wife and I spent 3 nights in the Nobis hotel. Excellent location. 10 min walk to the old city - hotel located in a very hip part of town with top brand shops all around it, bars, restaurants and beautiful people. Room was big and beautiful designed. Bathroom felt a bit dated. Hotel itself is very nice – lobby area is small and can get crowded. So why 4 starts and not 5? The service. This was the disappointing part of the stay. I guess the lack of smiling, and the somewhat snobbish attitude put us off. But all in all – a highly recommended hotel.

Dallas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

We stayed at this hotel recently. It is a unique prperty. Lots of renovation has been done. Staf is very well trained, service was excellent. We had booked a supirior room, which met our expectations. Location is great, they know the local area and can recommend restaurants.
We ate breakfast one morning, felt that they could have done a better job. Pancakes and eggs were cold. We did not eat there the following day.
Italian restaurant is OK. I am not an expert on the subject and my tastes are more North American. I did not care for it much, but that may be my problem.
I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Book a supirior room.
Milano, Italia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

We took this hotel mostly cause we thought it'd be ridiculous to spend 100 € a night for a hostel, so we might as well get a hotel!

The place is great, the receptionists very welcoming and helpful, and the hotel is hardly 2 mints walking from the historical center

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

Not cheap but a good value in an expensive city, the Nobis' location cannot be beat. The hotel is located on a lively square, close to a number of excellent restaurants and a 3 minute walk to the Metro station. In addition, the street car line stops right outside the front door.

The best part about the experience, though, was the front desk staff. Each person could not have tried harder to offer suggestions and information, make dinner reservations, etc. They really went more out of their way than most dedicated concierges do at other hotels.

The room was nothing particularly special, but the bed was quite comfortable. I upgraded to a superior room and was glad to have done so since it was not claustrophobic but also not particularly large either. On the other hand, the bathroom was quite spacious.

Nightly turndown service and bottled water was a nice touch.

Unfortunately, I found out at checkout that the breakfast had been included with my rate. Had I known this, I could certainly have tried it. Otherwise, not usually a breakfast person, I could not justify the $30 or so it would have cost a la carte. I only wish perhaps the check-in agent had mentioned its inclusion to me.

In all, though, my quibbles with the Nobis such as this and a light bulb or two in the room being out and not replaced, are on a small scale.

I certainly would not hesitate to stay there again should I find myself back in Stockholm.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper food, upgrade to at least a superior room, and a view (although you won't reall...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Largo, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

We enjoyed our stay here before departing on a Baltic cruise on the Seabourn Pride. The check in was a bit strange as you are essentially dropped of by taxi in front of the hotel and there is no one there to assist. After I went in and notified the staff someone came and helped with the luggage.
The staff were exceptionally nice and the room (suite) was nice. It is expensive and the size a bit small for a suite. About the size of a middle grade hotel room in the US.
Room service and breakfast were both good. The 'tapas' restaurant in front was a bit disappointing in that both the cold and the hot food were very small portions and both were cold.
The place is just a bit off kilter in my view though not in a bad way. Swedish trying to be French I would call it.

Room Tip: Just go ahead and get a suite because you are not going to like the size of regular rooms.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple