“top 10 to see in stockholm”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Fotografiska

Ranked #5 of 301 things to do in Stockholm
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Fotografiska is a vital centre for contemporary photography in the heart of Stockholm. The museum is a popular meeting point not only because of its exhibitions featuring the work of world renown photographers, but also for the museum's fantastic view and great food.Previous exhibitions: Annie Leibovitz, Robert Mapplethorpe, Sarah Moon, Sally Mann, Anton Corbijn and Albert Watson.Fotografiska also offers workshops, courses in photography, live bands, and much more. Opening hours: Every day. 9-23 (Mon-Sun), except Christmas Eve & Midsummer's Eve. Welcome!
Stockholm, Sweden
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“top 10 to see in stockholm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

if you like photography you should visit it. Really exhibitions, great restaurant with fantastic view and handy museum shop to buy some souvenirs.

Visited November 2013

• Turkish first
Moscow
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“The best art museum in Stockholm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

Absolutely the best art museum in Stockholm
Not only for photography lovers
Top of my list to visit in Stockholm

Sydney, Australia
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Great Exhibitions”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

If you are interested in photography, definitely put this place on your list. There was a range of first class exhibitions and they focus on ones that address things going on in our world today, so they are relevant.

East Sussex, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Top 10 places to visit in Stockholm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

On my last holiday, my trusty camera played up so I treated myself to the funky Canon 70D, now I have to learn how to use its amazing feature, so why not see how the pro's do it?
Fotograiska is not far from Stockholms central station yet housed in an old cruise liner building right on the edge of the harbour, what a location.
I decided to walk there from my place so,I could take some snaps, it was -3Cwith a wind chill of -9C but a beautiful dry crisp sunny day. By the time I arrived it was lunch time (12 here) and I headed for the top floor restaurant which has panoramic views through huge picture windows.
The food is great I had smorgsbord, various types including beef, mine was prawns with egg, potatoes and salad mounted on black bread with a creamy horseradish mayo affair, with coffee for £18 which for Stockholm and the swanky surroundings is value.
The building is warehouse like but finished in a modern clean bright way in the usual wood steel and clean lighting, some how the Swedes still do this the best. There are various floors of exhibitions which change through out the year, the lighting and videos which show off the pictures and tell the story of the photographers life and intentions are simply great.
During my visit (3 hours) I have to say the work by Elliot Erwitt just amazed me ( I even took a cheeky photo or two). There is a good shop on the ground floor where you enter and purchase tickets (120sek roughly £12) with concessions.

New York, New York, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Well thought out photography museum”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

As a lover of photography, the Fotografiska was on my list of things i wanted to see in Stockholm. It did not disappoint. The building itself is so unique, apparently it was an all customs building. The walk along the water to get there was pleasant even on a cold day.

The inside of the building was well thought out and quite modern. The exhibits were lovely. My husband and I really enjoyed the Elliot Erwitt exhibit and the one on the Arab Spring. After enjoying the exhibits, we made our way up to the restaurant where we enjoyed a nice cup of tea and of course the absolutely gorgeous view of Stockholm.

All and all, it was a lovely stop and I'm glad we made it. It's a great stop if you're ready to get out of the cold for a bit!