“Great Exhibitions”

Ranked #7 of 315 things to do in Stockholm
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Fotografiska is a vital centre for contemporary photography in the heart of Stockholm. The museum is a popular meeting point not only because of its exhibitions featuring the work of world renown photographers, but also for the museum's fantastic view and great food.Previous exhibitions: Annie Leibovitz, Robert Mapplethorpe, Sarah Moon, Sally Mann, Anton Corbijn and Albert Watson.Fotografiska also offers workshops, courses in photography, live bands, and much more. Opening hours: Every day. 9-23 (Mon-Sun), except Christmas Eve & Midsummer's Eve. Welcome!
Reviewed January 23, 2014

If you are interested in photography, definitely put this place on your list. There was a range of first class exhibitions and they focus on ones that address things going on in our world today, so they are relevant.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

On my last holiday, my trusty camera played up so I treated myself to the funky Canon 70D, now I have to learn how to use its amazing feature, so why not see how the pro's do it?
Fotograiska is not far from Stockholms central station yet housed in an old cruise liner building right on the edge of the harbour, what a location.
I decided to walk there from my place so,I could take some snaps, it was -3Cwith a wind chill of -9C but a beautiful dry crisp sunny day. By the time I arrived it was lunch time (12 here) and I headed for the top floor restaurant which has panoramic views through huge picture windows.
The food is great I had smorgsbord, various types including beef, mine was prawns with egg, potatoes and salad mounted on black bread with a creamy horseradish mayo affair, with coffee for £18 which for Stockholm and the swanky surroundings is value.
The building is warehouse like but finished in a modern clean bright way in the usual wood steel and clean lighting, some how the Swedes still do this the best. There are various floors of exhibitions which change through out the year, the lighting and videos which show off the pictures and tell the story of the photographers life and intentions are simply great.
During my visit (3 hours) I have to say the work by Elliot Erwitt just amazed me ( I even took a cheeky photo or two). There is a good shop on the ground floor where you enter and purchase tickets (120sek roughly £12) with concessions.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

As a lover of photography, the Fotografiska was on my list of things i wanted to see in Stockholm. It did not disappoint. The building itself is so unique, apparently it was an all customs building. The walk along the water to get there was pleasant even on a cold day.

The inside of the building was well thought out and quite modern. The exhibits were lovely. My husband and I really enjoyed the Elliot Erwitt exhibit and the one on the Arab Spring. After enjoying the exhibits, we made our way up to the restaurant where we enjoyed a nice cup of tea and of course the absolutely gorgeous view of Stockholm.

All and all, it was a lovely stop and I'm glad we made it. It's a great stop if you're ready to get out of the cold for a bit!

Reviewed January 20, 2014

For those who likes photography and modern art is a great place to spend a few hours especially when is too cold outside. They have a beautiful restaurant, perfect place to relax, eat something or just enjoy a hot coffee panoramic view. The souvenir shop is very cool, many books, posters and photo accessories.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

This is by far the best photography museum I've ever seen. I'm not that into photography, but the exhibitions here are just fantastic. They have a very nice restaurant too, with a lovely view. Definitely worth half a day.