“There are better places to stay”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Belman Hostel

Belman Hostel
Belman Hostel
Krakow
“There are better places to stay”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

There are only two good reasons to stay there: price and location (it's not city center, but pretty close to metro station). I heard bad opinions before going there, but I was short on budget and had very little time to decide, so I go there anyway. Well, it wasn't so lucky choice and I won't come back in a future.
No windows, no furniture (except bunk beds), sooo dirty in the kitchen and under showers.

Any other option is better then this.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Michał T

Sao Paulo, SP
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

Don' t go to this hostel they are very unfriendly and very confused when I arrived I couldn't get in.
The worst It is far from the city center , they don't accept cards only cash, they don't give you a recipt showers are very short there is no breakfast

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank oliviero t

Travelers are raving about these Stockholm hotels

Delnice, Croatia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

Three of us stayed in 6 bed dorm! Room was nice and clean. For only 30 SEK per person we got perfectly clean sheets. Toilets and showers were also clean. Manager is a pleasant man and ready to give us all information needed. There was enough hot water and it was warm in the rooms. Location is just perfect !!!! Just 3 stops with metro from T-Central ! 5 minute walk to the big shopping center. There is a store where you can buy groceries and System bolaget stvore where you can buy alchoholic drinks. Price is just great !!! Highly recommend !

• Stayed May 2012
Poznan, Poland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2012

This was one of the best hostels I have ever been. I booked a place in 12-people room, but because chef had more places that persons he gave us (me & my friend) the 6-person room only for us two for three nights (without changing the price). It was extremely kind, but this place wouldn't get so high opinion if the facilities would be poor. The bed was really comfortable, perfect for resting after whole day of walking and visiting this beatiful city. In the kitchen were tea, coffee, sugar and even some cornflakes, but I didn't try it ;-) and all stuff for preparing for example dinner or supper (dishes, frying-pan, pots etc.) There were two or three toilets - in February, when hostel doesn't have too much people is okey, but I can imagine that in summer is not enough. There were also six or seven showers, clean and tidy with hot water. It's true that you have to push the button on this shower from time to time, but it's good for environment, isn't it? Some rooms don't have window, none of them have TV - but everywhere in hostel is Wi-Fi and there are also two computers with internet, of course for free. Hostel is placed about 45 minutes walks from Old Market - Gamla Stan, we didn't use tube during all the trip. If you have low budget, this hostel is perfect for you. And Lidl is few steps extra from Belman Hostel!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Milan, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2011

Clean place, really helpful and nice administrator, good position, close to the subway: excellent for a short vacation in Stockholm. Rooms are clean and comfortable, and I met really cool people at Belman Hostel. If I'll be in the city again flying from my city – Milan - I'll choose for sure Belman again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
london
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2011

I had booked two nights at this hostel, but walked out after one even though I had paid. My room had four bunkbeds with no other furniture, no windows and nowhere to store luggage. When I asked for a key to the room I was told one was not available because I was not the sole occupier of the room and there were not enough to go round. There also was no key system on the front door, and at 11:30pm I was able to freely walk into the hostel, past the closed reception and into my room. This room was also next to the communal kitchen and the noisy showers. When explaining to the man on reception why I was leaving I was told that I should have said something earlier and that I would not be refunded.
I would not recommend this hostel to anyone!!

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank Abstables
Dortmund, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2011

It was a wonderful time. Nice rooms with windows (!), clean, the boss there is very nice and helpful. The common room is a good place to eat, hang out and meet fun people. The showers are good as well. The price is appropriate (especially for Stockholm). I really enjoyed the cozy and friendly atmoshpere in this hostel, that made it a fun trip!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends