“Recommended by a neighboring restaurant... so glad”
Review of Gamla Stan Hof

Gamla Stan Hof
Ranked #452 of 3,783 Restaurants in Stockholm
Description: Swedish classics served in our unique 300 year old cellar restaurant. Cosy upstairs bar and outdoor seating on the popular Stora Nygatan between April-October.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

A top rated neighbor was fully booked and recommended we come here. You have to go down the stairs. Don’t be worried when you don’t see staff, it’s a hidden gem.

We tried as much as we could. Daughter loved the reindeer, elk burger was also a hit. On the desert menu, the raspberry sorbet was obviously home made (so glad my daughter let me have some)

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (39)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Fantastic food 2nd visit and will definitely be a 3rd, beer is also good, friendly service and the food was to good to leave any, had the mixed grill with proper chips

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed August 25, 2019

Service was prompt. Food tasted great. I had the reindeer steak and my wife and son had elk meatballs. Both were culinary masterpieces.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed August 13, 2019 via mobile

Quick stop for drinks, nice selection and friendly English speaking staff. Toilets are worth a visit, deep in the basement so watch your head, could be in better condition though.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed July 22, 2019

After walking by I stopped here for dinner. Friendly staff, cool atmosphere, indoor/outdoor seating, and delicious food! I’m a very picky eater but wanted to try something different that I can’t get in New York. I ordered the Elk meatballs and they were delicious!! Definitely worth stopping by for a meal

Date of visit: July 2019