“Great hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Pompano Beach, Florida
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

Very clean rooms. Friendly staff. Delicious buffet breakfast.
The shower was very relaxing because you can graduate the amount of water. The tub was sparkling clean. The layout of the lobby is excellent for evening socializing. Fast, free
Wifi throughout the hotel.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

I visited for a business trip, three days in March 2014. This hotel was booked after a recommendation from a colleague. To summarise:
Location - OK 2.5/5. It's not centrally located or very near to any attractions, so if you want to walk and do site seeing I'd advise elssewhere, however this is a good business hotel! 20mins via taxi from the main airport.

Room and Amenities - Good 4/5. I travel alot on business and usually opt for the radisson blu or hilton style chains as their tried and tested hotels with the right comfort, amenties I need and good service. I can honestly say that this specific courtyard mariott was very good. A thoroughly well oiled operation with all the necessary options to make my stay pleasant for business and comfortable for a good trip. Good breakfast, wifi, tv, conference calling etc etc all available. Plus and I will come onto this later the staff are more than than happy to help you further if they can. My suite was large, not huge but of an adequate size with all the usual refinements you'd expect. It was also well designed and laid out, different from the typical euro boxes with cream walls etc. This hotel has better character. The only minor point I'd add is that the hotel doesnt have a room service option for the restaurant. This is the only minor point tbh, however the staff were happy to help where they could. I arrived late one evening and didnt fancy heading down for dinner. I went to the bar ordered and the guy rang me 20mins later when it was plated up and ready to take to my room, he was even waiting at the bottom elevator as I arrived and helped me! Great!

Service - Excellent 5/5. All the staff I came across were polite and curteous with smiles all round. All talkative and no job was too much for them. I wont go into specifics but I had a few requests, all which were carried out in full with smiles by the excellent staff. The staff are the best assets to this hotel.

I will be returning and I would happily recommend this hotel to colleagues, friends and family. The only improvement I'd suggest would be the addition of room service! Thank you!

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Bikrumjit P
GeneralManagerSTOCY, General Manager at Courtyard Stockholm Kungsholmen, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Thank you so much!
So happy to read about your experience with us and all the nice worgs about my staff. They are all fantastsic. I agree!
Room Service is not available as this is not a service provided at Courtyard by Marriott Hotels as a standfrad. This is also why we have worked around this in the possibility to order a tray, ready to go.
Hope you enjoyed your meal, and most welcome back with us!
United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

N59°19.873' E18°1.270' On the downside this is an off-centre hotel in Stockholm (not in the old town - Gamla Stan, nor in the city centre - Norrmalm). Free Wi-Fi reception was intermittent (lousy iPhone) and the radio presenters from my local radio stations suddenly spoke Swedish. But everything else was near perfect. I repeat near perfect.

Before arriving at Arlanda airport, we looked at the many transport options to the Marriott Courtyard Kungsholmen. The Arlanda Express train is very expensive: 2 return tickets for 980 SEK. Airport coach (Flygbussarna or Swebus) return tickets for 2 persons cost 399 SEK. We choose the Stockholm commuter train J38, pendeltåg, to Stockholm. We bought at de front desk in SkyCity between terminal 4 and 5 on Arlanda airport 2 SL access travel cards for 72 hours for 500 SEK. This gave us unlimited access for 72 hours to public transport throughout the county, including commuter trains, underground trains, busses, trams and the Djurgården ferries between Slussen and Djurgården.

To reach the Marriott Courtyard Kungsholmen hotel, take at Arlanda C train station the SL pendeltåg train J38 to Älvsjö. Get off at Karlberg station and walk 400 meters to the underground station T-St Eriksplan. Take there the underground train to Thorildsplan. Existing the underground station, you’ll see the hotel in the distance. The T-bana connects you in a few minutes with the center of the city and runs 24 hours.

The Marriott Courtyard Kungsholmen is a high-rise hotel with 278 rooms in modern architectural style, build in 2010. Our room 906 in May 2013 was spacious (26 m2) with an excellent bed. The bathroom had no bath but a very nice shower. Breakfast was served in the hotel’s Bjork Bar & Grill restaurant on the ground floor and offered an excellent choice of English and Continental breakfast with cereals, bread and pastries. Enjoyable. We paid 121 euro per night, which is average for Stockholm.

The friendly reception staff helped us with restaurant reservations en tips on visiting the city. They made us feel like honoured guests. If you are looking for an affordable hotel in Stockholm, consider the excellent Marriott Courtyard Kungsholmen. The T-bana connects you in minutes with the city centre.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank goyourownway
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

Hotel is located about 10 minutes from the city center. If you take the Metro, take the any green line train 17/18 or 19 and get off at Thorildsplan, as you exit the last doors turn to your right, and then an immediate left as you come outside, walk along the walkway to the roundabout and there you are. You can see the hotel as you come out of the metro. Check in was fast, and friendly, Maria, who checked me in was a wealth of knowledge. Rooms are spacious and comfortable with all the amenities one would expect. Flat screen TV with 4 or 5 English speaking channels. Mini fridge, free wi fi. Large bath with walk in shower. Breakfast does not seem to come as a package and I paid 150kroner, it is a large buffet, but if you just eat cereal, coffee and fruit or are a very light eater, the price for the buffet is not a good value. If you walk to the Fridhemsplan metro station about a 10 minute walk, you will find a huge shopping area with bakeries and coffee houses and supermarkets where you could purchase a decent breakfast for less than the hotel's buffet. Saying that however, if your paying the hotel room prices, you probably could afford the buffet whether you ate a little or a lot and it may be just convenient also. There is also a gym and a business center. Nice hotel, nice staff, nice stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank yvr1
Thanks for your very nice review!
Most welcome back!
Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

I stayed here in Feb on a business trip. The rooms are lovely. The breakfast is good too but gets monotonous if you're there for a long time (the same breakfast everyday was what I had). The restaurant is quite nice. I had an early flight one day and the staff was helpful enough to pack my breakfast for the morning.

One downside is that this place is quire far from the old town where all the buzz is. So you will have to walk quite a bit to get anywhere. The nearest metro station is Friedmsplan which is about 10 minutes walk from there and when it's bloody col, its not very pleasant.

But the hotel overall was satisfactory. I'd give it a 8/10.

Oh, btw, the rooms are non-smoking too. That was a huge handicap for me!

Room Tip: Take the rooms on the top floors.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TheMistressOfSpices
Thank you for staying with us and most welcome back.
I am happy that you like the hotel even if you feel it is far out. It is as you say 20 minutes walk to OIld Town but tehre are pretty much to see and enjoy also in our neighborhood. Also the blue Metroline takes you downtown in only two stops. Appx 5 minutes.
Hope you will come back to visit more of our fantastic Stockholm.
Yours
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

New hotel with in central Stockholm location with modern contemporary furnishings and an excellent restaurant. Marta (the receptionist) was simply amazing and deserves 10 stars! Everything was perfect and we highly recommend this hotel. It's about half an hours' walk from the old town (Gamla Stan) and other central locations. We didn't need public transport or a taxi for the whole long weekend we stayed in Stockholm. We walked home from the night club and were greeted at 3am by a friendly and cheerful night desk receptionist called Jacob (another member of this exceptionally friendly and helpful hotel team). Our expectations were exceeded in every way and for us, this is the only address in town when we visit Stockholm again.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade (they include breakfast in the upgrade price). It's definitely worth it as th...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Thomas S
Thank you for visiting and I am very happy that you would like to return to us, and as only option in Stockholm.
I will make sure that Marta get extra recognistion for your kind words also.
Welcome back!
Perth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

We had a great stay at the Marriott Stockholm. We had booked for 3 nights in January in a double room, however they upgraded us to a king bed. The price of the room was a little more than we would usually spend, however given the general prices of accommodation in Stockholm I thought it was really good value.
Firstly, the staff were all really great, they were always friendly and helpful whenever we had questions.
The room itself was spacious, and had a comfortable king size bed, tv with plenty of channels, tea and coffee making facilities and a safe. The bathroom was modern and clean and had a great shower and two basins.
The hotel also had a gym which had a number of weight machines, two treadmills, a cross trainer and bike. I was very impressed with the gyms facilities.
We visited the restaurant for dinner on our first night, staff again were friendly and the atmosphere was nice. I highly recommend the meatballs, they were amazing! We also had breakfast at the restaurant each morning, and the selection was great and everything was of a very high quality- plenty of bread, cooked breakfast options, yoghurts, cereals, cheeses, cold meats and tea and coffee.
Wifi was also available and it was fast and we never had problems with it.
The location is not fantastic, however there is a subway station nearby. We both walked and caught the subway to get around so it wasn't too much of a problem.
Overall we would recommend the Marriott Stockholm for a very comfortable stay in Stockholm.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank -Oz_Traveller-12
Thank you so much for your kind review and most welcome back to Stockholm and our Courtyard by Marriott for more meatballs!
Most welcome!