“Great Rooms!”

Courtyard Stockholm Kungsholmen
Ranked #23 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I should start by saying I am a loyal Courtyard client, as much as I try to be more creative and adventurous with my hotel choices; when in doubt; I stay at the Courtyard! The Stockholm Courtyard is no exception. Although the location isn't what I could consider central, it is easily accessible via T-Banna, about 8-10 minutes to/from T-Centra. The staff was helpful, considerate and excellent as seems to be the standard, even honoring our slightly overreaching request to check-in 6 hours early. We stayed on the top floor and had a gorgeous room overlooking the park. Considering the average price of a hotel in Stockholm, I felt like we got our money's worth and then some. **Breakfast is not generally included at Courtyards, and not especially affordable either, so if you want breakfast, shop around when booking, sometimes they have special offers that include breakfast.

Room Tip: Top floor has a nice view of the park, if you face they back you'll be looking in office buildin...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Stockholm Kungsholmen

Reviewed August 4, 2013

we stayed in Stockholm over the weekend (Fr-Mo) and upon check-in were already positively surprised that parking in the area is free on the weekends! The hotel is very close to the Tbana (Metro) and therefore ideal for sightseeing. We had a great room, spacious, modern & comfortable. Nice bathroom. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was very good. The hotel rents bikes, but we were to late to ask for one, as they were all reserved already.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 4, 2013

The Courtyard met our expectations in all regards. The first day out we decided to walk into Gamla Stan and back and although it was a pleasant and safe walk we would recommend the subway as a better plan going forward as the time it took to walk was better spent getting there and doing and seeing things.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2013

- it is far from the city center/sights/shopping streets/nice restaurants
- REALLY BAD noise isolation!!!! the room even has echo!!
- bad wi-fi! slow and disconnects you all the time, making you go through the checking-in process over and over again
- the stuff has no idea what view the room has
- no rooms (except 2 suites) have a possibility to OPEN THE WINDOW. no fresh air in the room
- came here for my birthday - noone ever paid attention to it and no little surprise like a chocolate or fruit basket in the room. that's not a rule, but that's what makes a good hotel
- our room has a folding (broken) electro-socket
- bad choice of TV channels and it's uncomfy to navigate
- wierd smell coming from the linen and pillows

Room Tip: there is an option of having the water(park)-view, ask for it
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelmanagerSTOCY, General Manager at Courtyard Stockholm Kungsholmen, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear Anastasia,

I am sorry that your stay with us was not as expected.
I must also admit that it is the first time I hear about problems with the noise in the room. Usually it is the wise versa that guests find the rooms "to silent" due to the very isolating windows. And yes these can not be opened, for security reasons and noice isolation all windows are closed. Temperature is controlled by the air conditioning instead.
I do understand that it is nice having a window opened during night but also as the hotel is located in a busy area with trafic we have chosen another solution.

I hope your birthday was a pleasant one even if it was not recognized from our side. If we have this information before hand we try to reach out and recognize this especially but if not I am afraid, this will be missed.
As your stay was not so pleasant I hope you will accept my birthday wishes and gift afterwards. Please just reach out to me personally with an e-mail or phone call and I will treat you with another stay "on the house" to celebrate your birthday and make your next stay with us more pleasant.
Yours sincerely
Martin Åkesson

Reviewed July 31, 2013

During a recent trip to Stockholm, we stayed at your hotel for two nights, July 7 and 8. From the moment we checked in, your staff made us feel special and not like just the tourists that we were. All of the women who manned the desk for those days were outstanding but Cecilia and Marta stood apart because of the extra care they gave us in recommending places to eat, helping us navigate the metro and directions. Since this was our first introduction to your lovely country, they were an excellent help in getting us off on the right foot.

Thanks again for your extra attention.
Nancy Webster
I believe you have already had a review from my traveling companion, Nancy Whitaker

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you so much!
And yes I have one review also from your travle companion but it is always nice to here more about your trip.
Welcome back!
Martin Åkesson

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Great hotel located close to the metro station (about 300 meters) reached by a pleasant walk. Great breakfast and quality / price ratio. Absolutely recommended if you want to explore the beautiful stockholm

Room Tip: require the tenth floor for great views
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Giovanni G
Reviewed July 28, 2013

The hotel is nicely situated between 2 of the metro stations only a few minutes away. This makes it convenient to get into the city centre. The room was extremely clean and the plumbing in the bathroom was exceptional. The panel near the TV to plug in your own devices was a nice touch as it did make things easier rather than have to reach around the TV as I have done so many times in other hotels. The breakfast was average. It was in the continental style and served bacon, eggs, saussages etc as well as bread related food. Again, the quality was average. In summary, I had a pleasant stay there and would stay again if I am ever in Stockholm again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family