“Nice Hotel with Easy Access to Anywhere”

Courtyard by Marriott Stockholm Kungsholmen
Ranked #26 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 3, 2012

This is one, if not the, best Courtyards I've ever stayed!
The room was nice with a view of the lake. It was quiet even though the busy street was nearby. The breakfast (free) had everything I wanted and more.
The staff was VERY friendly and quite helpful!
The location which isn't quite central still made it a perfect base for going to work and site seeing.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
HotelmanagerSTOCY, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Stockholm Kungsholmen, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Thank you so much for your nice words about our hotel. I am happy you liked the hotel and enjoyed your srat. Proud of being selected as one of the best Courtyards you have ever stayed in.
Welcome back!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,450)

Reviewed November 3, 2012

The hotel is beautiful and well located but what really sets it apart is the professional and friendly staff! Everyone was very friendly, efficient and customer focused.

The rooms were beautiful and well appointed and the restaurant, Bjork, was excellent.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your review. I do agree that people make the difference.
Happy you liked the hotel.
Welcome back!

Reviewed October 24, 2012

We spent one night in two double rooms. You could have connected rooms, but it was nice to have kids in their own room. Courtyard by Marriot Stockholm is a new and very comfortable hotel. At Courtyard you get the best quality for price in Stockholm. It was nice to have frontdesk service in English, Swedish and Finnish.

Breakfast is very good. We ate also a dinner at Friday in the restaurant of the hotel. There was the best bar music with dj. I did not like the menu which has too limited selection for me. There are a lot of restaurants in Kungsholmen, but rain stopped us and we stayed in the hotel for dinner.

This hotel is not in downtown Stockholm. If you are willing to use a tunnelbana -metro, it is very close to city. We were seeing friends and shopping downtown. It was easy to have a great weekend in a very good hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Loslapillos

Thank you for your review. I am happy you liked the hotel and I hope you found something nice to eat even if you found the menu limited.
Most welcome back again.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

We have been there for 4 nights, we had 2 rooms and everything was good. The bed was extremely comfortable, the room was nice clean and modern, and especially we loved be able to get a connecting room, it was like a suite! The breakfast is very good, maybe closes too early, and the restaurant and bar was great. We ate entrecote, hamburguers, salads.. everything perfect! Helpful staff, with very good recommendations about restaurants and nightlife, we also bought the tickets for the rental bikes here (we strongly recommend this way to see the city). We will be back to enjoy this city again! Thanks.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stockholm is an expensive place, and all the hotels in the center are very expensive. So when I found this hotel with a great offer, I just couldn't ignore it. The hotel is excellent, on the edge of the old town. It is just two min walk from the Thorildsplan metro (T-Bahn) station from where you can get to the center in 10 min. The rooms are excellent, comfortable and very nicely decorated.

The hotel has a very nice restaurant, the Bjork Bar & Grill where the food is excellent. The very first night, I overslept, being tired after a long day of sightseeing. The kitchen was closed but Linda the head waiter, very kindly got the Chef to make me a Caesar's Salad. Customer Service at its best.. The hotel is to be highly commended for it's Customer Service. Everywhere in the hotel from Checkin to the Restaurant to the Checkout in the end was quick and efficiently handled.

The hotel has free wifi which is fast and has no interruptions. Although if you are on business and need a faster internet, you can also go for the faster paying options.

I very much enjoyed my stay at the hotel and would definitely return whenever I am back in Stockholm...

Room Tip: Choose a room on a high floor
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Thank you so much for staying with us and also for telling us about the extra service Linda arranged for you when the kitchen was closed for the evening.
We hope to see you with us soon again.
Thanks!

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Good business hotel quite close to center and airport. My room was 8 th floor and it was really quiet and clean and bed was exellent plus breakfast was plentiful and varied and rich. Frendly and easy helpfull service. recommend.Jormaa

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 18, 2012

My room was at 7th floor and it was very quiet that I was asking. Thanks for this. First time I see all kind of connections near tv. Very handy if you bring your own gizmos to the room. Connecting those to hote tv is no problem. We had 150 peole function at this place and first lunch was ok by taste, but kitchen could not keep up the pace. Rice yes but stroganof bowl was empy, salmon yes but no sauce. Or our team was too hungry? Anyways good conference. Thanks

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for staying with us and hope your meeting was successful. I am sorry about the waiting times for food from the lunch buffet. I am sure you were not to hungry and I hope it was filled up. But of course with a lunch peak it could be that the timing is not 100% at sometimes even if we of course strive towards this.
I hope you liked the food and did not leave us hungry.
Thanks for letting us know.