“Blond and bland”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Stockholm
“Blond and bland”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I had high expectations of this new Stockholm hotel but was slightly disappointed. After a nice and efficient welcome at the reception, and a delicious lunch at the Björk restaurant, we went up to our room. I don´t know if it was supposed to be slick, but to me the blond wooden furniture felt a bit anonymous and boring, After I found the Bible and the book of Mormon in the drawer beside the bed I realized it might be meant as a "we are all nice and decent - hands on the cover" look. Not my style obviously, and something was missing in the atmosphere. The fact that I don´t like to be told what to read in bed didn´t make it better. The rest of the hotel was a little more spicy though, with nice lounging areas and good parking. Extra plus to the staff who efficiently took care of my laptop that I forgot in the room.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelmanagerSTOCY, General Manager at Courtyard Stockholm Kungsholmen, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Thank you for your review. I am happy that you seem to have had a nice stay with us in Stockholm. Just as an explanation to the litterature in the bedside table. This is a standard for all Marriott Hotels and not optional. I hope you brought some more intereting litterature with you for reading in bed.
I hope that you will be back with us anyhow.
Martin Åkesson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed August 2, 2012

My partner and I spent four nights in this hotel, and I would recommend it to other couples looking for a quiet getaway in the Swedish capital.

Our room was spacious and nice, with a big bathroom and comfortable furniture. The hotel's breakfast buffet was really nice, but rather pricey. However, there are several good cafés just around the corner from the hotel. The only downside to the hotel is the 20-minute walk to downtown Stockholm - but if you bring good walking shoes, you should be OK.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Very nice hotel. Have stayed at numerous Courtyards and this one is obviously brand new. The hotel was modern and very functional. I appreciated that the room had great design features, making me feel not confined to a hotel room but that I found a sweet treat and wanted to stay in the room...
The breakfast was excellent! The bar and lobby areas have smart layouts that can make you feel private although in large space.
Special thanks to the staff for their courteous manner - especially Marius at the front desk for handling my family and I after a very long journey, with 32 questions and requests late at night. I was very impressed and thankful.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us. Most happy that Marius as always did his outmost. I will make sure that he is recognized for your nice words. Welcome back!
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Used the Courtyard as our base for a visit to Stockholm and surrounding area. The hotel is clean, stylish, and the staff extremely friendly. This is one of the most enjoyable Courtyard properties that I have ever visitied - a short walk to the metro station will put you in downtown Stockholm in less than 15 minutes. The Bjork restaurant has an excellent breakfast buffett and the meatballs at dinner are gluten-free (as are many other items on the menu).

The rooms reflect Swedish design elements and the staff was eager to help with any questions or travel arrangements.

The Courytard mirrors the country of Sweden: stylish, young, and friendly!

Room Tip: Rooms facing east or south will have a good view of the park and/or downtown Stockholm. A higher fl...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Happy that you had a wonderful stay with us. Hope to see you again.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Stayed at this property in July 2012 on family vacation. The hotel is quite nice for a Courtyard Marriott, in terms of the lobby, breakfast area and room. I can understand why it is highly rated here. The front desk people are very helpful in providing directions and other information to the guests, so it was much appreciated on our first trip to Stockholm.

I really enjoyed the breakfast which we included in the room price as an upgrade. This is highly recommended since it is a high quality breakfast and the most convenient option when staying here.

The best part of the location is the subway stop up the street and nearby park for walks or jogging in the morning. We spent most of our time in the Old Town area of Stockholm, so a location within walking distance of Old Town would be more ideal. However, our rate at this property was very good, so it was a very good value.

Room Tip: Not sure if there is much difference in the various rooms here.
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Stayed one night at this newly built hotel in the city. Nice and clean with a really nice outdoor lounge for those warm summer nights. Rooms are good size and the bathroom is really clean with heated floors. Staff is friendly and helpful. Breakfast was inlcluded in the price and they had a good selection.
The hotel is located within ten minutes walk to the subway station and Its just a few stops from the main centralstation.

Good hotel for business as well as for leasure!

Mrs K

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 31, 2012

My family and I recently stayed at this hotel and were very happy with our choice which we made based on information from the website. We really lucked out - the rooms were very spacious and comfortable and the bathroom large by European standards. What really makes this hotel is the restaurant - Bjork Bar and Grill - it was so good that we ate both lunch and dinner there. Be sure to make a reservation though because it appears to be very popular with the locals and even though we were there on a Monday night, the place was packed. The hotel is not close to the Old Town but is an easy 20 - 30 minute walk along the water.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed about the same. We had two rooms on either side of the hallway.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family