All reviews provide free coffee private toilet communal kitchen double bedroom urban deli clean sheets central station own bathroom walkable distance common room late check room key expensive city couple of nights stayed one night your luggage two nights
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Nicely central hostel with a good basic clean set up. Pretty solid by Swedish hostel standards which tend to be pretty high. Only downside was breakfast. When I turned up at 09:45 having paid at reception the woman running the breakfast area immediately said 'Breakfast finishes at 10.' I said this was fine because I would only take a few minutes to get my breakfast together. No, I was told, breakfast had to be gathered and eaten by 10. I said I had never heard of this practice but cracked on as best I could. Come 10am the woman switched the lights off in the breakfast area while 7 or 8 people were still eating and tidied up in the semi-gloom. She also looked pretty unhappy when a couple asked for a tray to put their dirty dishes away. I don't expect super high service but I know when you (as the customer) are made to feel like a pain for existing and sadly this was one of these instances. May have been one person having a bad day but a slightly sour end to an otherwise nice stay.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

its a hostel so you are not going to get a deep pile bed and toiletries galore. But if you need a simple reasonably comfortable bed; en suite shower and a 15 minute walk to the station then perhaps the Birka is for you. Recommended by our hostel experienced daughter it was our first time and I doubt our last, particularly if we come back to Stockholm. So we were in a room with private facilities but the rest of the hostel also seemed clean, simple and best of all quiet - we went towards the end of September but there was a steady flow through the hostel and the full up signs were present. It was exactly like we expected it to be.... as on the tin!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Excellent desk staff, clean rooms, comft. beds, laundry service, breakfast, good location in the tourist area (downtow)n and closed to metro.
I stayed two times (last year and this year).
Sure I´ll do it again.

Room tip: Generally rooms are comfortables with windows.
Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very good central location: the hostel is close to the metro station, the central station and the city center. Staff is nice.
The breakfast is not marvelous but it does the job. Common areas could be more cosy. Cleaning bathrooms more frequently would be nice.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Good place for this price. It was simple and sufficient enough for spending the night, clean & comfy beds. Satisfactory tidy wash rooms & shower, helpful staff. Very good location with restaurant, Pressbyrn, metro station, bus stop, grocery store at stone’s throw.

Trip type: Traveled solo