“A long way from anywhere” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hotell Dialog

Hotell Dialog
Ranked #118 of 161 Hotels in Stockholm
Hobart, Australia
“A long way from anywhere”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We booked this hotel based on price and the hotel itself is okay. Rooms are clean, staff helpful and breakfast is good. However it is not a good base for exploring the city. It is half an hours walk from the railway station. We got a taxi at the railway station and the local driver had trouble finding the hotel. There are no restaurants near the hotel, just an industrial estate. I would not stay at this hotel again and could not recommend it purely because of its location.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank TassieRetired

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Krakow, Poland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We decided to book a room in this hotel as it was cheap (we can not afford any more expensive place to stay) Breakfast was nice. Beds also very comfortable. It was really quiet place. What a pity it was so far from city center :( everyday we were wasting 2h for transport (1h each way). But the worst thing was that white shower curtains were so dirty that they were brown and yellow!!! And when we were taking a shower, whole bathroom was under water as there is no shower pool! when you are having a shower you are standing on the floor. :( and receptionist (young lady) wasn't knowledgeable about turist place - even with a computer.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TakeMe2Wonderland
Belgrade, Serbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Wife and I spent 5 wonderful days in this hotel. Rooms are clean and comfortable, well equipped (TV, table, chairs ...). Also the bathroom. Reception staff friendly and all speak english. And only breakfast ..... We've never had a better offer for breakfast at the hotel with 2 star. Hotel is located near a shopping center with lots of variety, good and not expensive restaurants. The only problem, if it is a problem, is that the hotel is away from the metro station, which can be reached by bus. To the metro station can be reached in 5 minutes by bus, but the buses do not often traffic. There is timetable at the bus stop, which is correct. If you leaving the hotel and going to the downtown plan on schedule, everything is easier. In any case, the hotel for a recommendation. Of course, if you are not spoiled.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank SerbRegea
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I stayed at Hotell Dialog for 2 weeks in 2010 and 1 night in 2012. Both times I thought that my stay there was nice. Not too far away from Stockholm City by car, bus or Subway.
Heron City is 2 minutes away, which is nice.
I'd say it is a bit expensive for what it is, but most hotels in, or near, Stockholm are too. Overall 3/5 stars.

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank TCB93
Olsztyn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

The hotel is very neat and quiet. The staff seemed friendly and helpful. You can borrow a hairdryer at the reception where they also sell Stockholm cards. The room I stayed in was quite spacious and comfy with tv, bathroom, clean sheets and towels. It was cleaned every day.
For breakfast you had a wide variety of bread, rolls, yoghurts, meat, cheese, jams, vegetables and salads. The room where they serve breakfast is quite big so we didn't have problems with finding seats and we didn't have to wait long to get food or drink.
The hotel is situated a bit far from the centre, next to Ikea and a shopping centre which are the only attractions in the area. It takes you about 30 minutes to get to the centre. First, take a bus and in about 3 min you will be at Skärholmen metro station. I don't recommend walking because it's quite a distance.Behind the hotel there's a forest so don't be surprised by hares leaping around :-)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank SolaOlsztyn
Finland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I booked this place only to have a bed to bunk for few hours before we had to continue our journey early in the morning. Price was the main reason I reserved this.

The hotel was slightly hard to find between the malls and bigger buildings nearby, but when we did, there were just enough space to park the car. We were checked-in okey.

Our room was at the end of a long hallway. It soon came apparent that there hadn't been any heating on in the room, it was too cold. We got the radiator warmed up and it helped a little after time.

Room was very, very basic or even simple. Small television, no remote though. No minibar. Small shower. It was clean enough, though there were some stains at places. Apart from the cold, perhaps most irritating was the fact that there was no night light by the bed and you had to walk to the door to shut the room light.

If they'd do some small improvements, this would be better for quick overnight stops. As such, I will look elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
      Cleanliness

Travelers are raving about these Stockholm hotels

2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

I booked this place because of the price which is very reasonable for Scandinavia but I am now regreting checking in to this place. The first thing I noticed was the state of the furniture. The chair at the desk was falling to bits. The cusion came clean off and the chair swayed back and forth every time you sat on it. Extremly dangerous in my opinion. Secondly upon waking up on the first morning I felt absolutly terrible because of the air conditioning blasing in to the room. You have no control over the temp or rate of flow and the air was so dry that I woke up feeling like I had beem smoking all night. I am not one to usualy complain about hotels but this place didn't make much of an effort at all! Last of all I accidently left an item in the room. I am 100% certain that it was left in this room and I have been in communications with the hotel staff to see if I can come back and collect it but they keep telling me that it was not found in the room. All I can say is if you are staying for more than one night do not leave anything of value in the room as I believe the cleaners to be untrustworthy. It is not possible for me to have left this item anywhere else but the hotel tell me I "must have lost it somewhere else".

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank James M
Dialog, Manager at Hotell Dialog, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Dear,

I want to begin with thanking you for taking your time to give us your feedback. Your feedback is very important to us in order for us to improve our guests stay at our hotel.

I am very sorry to hear about the furniture in the room, this is something we will look into right away!
Regarding your lost item, we have a policy at our hotel to always collect the lost items of our guests, we always keep them in a safe storage and really do our best in order to send them back to our guests. We take this very seriously and we make sure that all our staff also knows it. Again I am very sorry to hear you lost your item, but we really could not find your item.

I want to thank you again for helping us with your feedback!

Kind regards