“Only if your desperate and WATCH YOUR STUFF” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hotell Dialog

Hotell Dialog
Ranked #118 of 161 Hotels in Stockholm
“Only if your desperate and WATCH YOUR STUFF”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

I booked this place because of the price which is very reasonable for Scandinavia but I am now regreting checking in to this place. The first thing I noticed was the state of the furniture. The chair at the desk was falling to bits. The cusion came clean off and the chair swayed back and forth every time you sat on it. Extremly dangerous in my opinion. Secondly upon waking up on the first morning I felt absolutly terrible because of the air conditioning blasing in to the room. You have no control over the temp or rate of flow and the air was so dry that I woke up feeling like I had beem smoking all night. I am not one to usualy complain about hotels but this place didn't make much of an effort at all! Last of all I accidently left an item in the room. I am 100% certain that it was left in this room and I have been in communications with the hotel staff to see if I can come back and collect it but they keep telling me that it was not found in the room. All I can say is if you are staying for more than one night do not leave anything of value in the room as I believe the cleaners to be untrustworthy. It is not possible for me to have left this item anywhere else but the hotel tell me I "must have lost it somewhere else".

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank James M
Dialog, Manager at Hotell Dialog, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Dear,

I want to begin with thanking you for taking your time to give us your feedback. Your feedback is very important to us in order for us to improve our guests stay at our hotel.

I am very sorry to hear about the furniture in the room, this is something we will look into right away!
Regarding your lost item, we have a policy at our hotel to always collect the lost items of our guests, we always keep them in a safe storage and really do our best in order to send them back to our guests. We take this very seriously and we make sure that all our staff also knows it. Again I am very sorry to hear you lost your item, but we really could not find your item.

I want to thank you again for helping us with your feedback!

Hotel Dialog

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Maynooth, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

This hotel is your basic 2 stars so don’t expect much in the room but the beds were comfy, the staff were very friendly and the breakfast was good ,you get a continental breakfast so you help yourself.

Stockholm isn’t too far away on the subway (30/40 mins),The shopping mall across the street is handy, it has IKEA down the street and also petrol station if shopping centre is closed. The shopping centre has a cinema, restaurants and plenty of shops in it.

On the night that we first arrived, we got the T-bana from T-centralen station (red line 13 towards Norsborg) to Skarholmen, out of station turn left we then got the bus 173 towards (Skarpnack) and got off at (Manskarsvagen).

The heron city shopping centre is across from bus stop, you head back up hill towards round about and it’s on your left hand side white two story building just behind the red office building. We had difficulty finding the hotel at first due to it being night time and the hotel being in off the main road.

The area is pretty desolate after 9pm but its safe .Once we found the hotel, we were comfortable taking the buses to get to and from the train station, there is many ways to get to the city by bus and trains. Research your trip before you travel and you will find it easy to navigate.

The manual door locks are irritatingly difficult to use. From outside, you have to pull the door towards you and then turn the key to unlock. And to open from the inside, you have to push the door, and then turn the lock and the door knob at the same time. Check this first before you get into a panic while locked in your room.

Car parking is plentiful I didn't have a car but there was plenty of space.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank david c
Dialog, Manager at Hotell Dialog, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Dear David,

Thank your for taking your time and giving us your important inputs.

Also, thank you for taking your time to help other guests finding our hotel. We appreciate it.

We look forward to see you here soon again!

Pretoria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

We chose Dialog hotel because the price was reasonable and were were not disappointed. We arrived very late (11 pm ) and the reception was friendly. Our room was clean and comfortable and we could have a hot shower.The next morning we could have a lovely breakfast and the receptionist helped us find a shop to buy a memory card for our camera and also gave us directions to get to the cruise port.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank reisigerPretoria
Dialog, Guest Relations Manager at Hotell Dialog, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear,

Thank you for taking your time to provide your feedback!

Our goal is to always make sure that our guests are satisfied, so it makes me glad to hear that we have achieved that with you!

Hope to see you soon again!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

A great hotel for a family of five (children aged 10, 7 and 5) with interconnecting rooms, buffet breakfast included, and a fantastic price - can't go wrong if you're on a budget conscious holiday! Clean and tidy, plenty of parking out the front of the hotel, helpful staff and easy access via car to Stockholm - ten minute drive. Cinema/bowling complex with supermarket is very close. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: take your own bathroom amenities - although hand soap and towels provided.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Dialog, Guest Relations Manager at Hotell Dialog, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear Gillian,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review! We thank you for your kind words and hoe to see you and your family again!

Warm regards

Vernon, B.C.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Can't complain as mentioned. Good buffet breakfast. Rooms are on the small side but clean. Front staff was very helpful with questions asked of them. Hotel is in a quiet area - about 1/2 hour from historic Stockholm by bus/subway. Was quite easy to make it to the hotel without using taxi's.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Dale J
Dialog, Manager at Hotell Dialog, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Dear Dale,

Thank you so much for taking your time to give us your feedback. It means a lot to us.
Thank you for the kind words and best regards from front staff!

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

I work as a night manager for a 4-star hotel in London, so I will be as neutral as I can be with my review.

The good thing with this hotel is the reception staff, extremely helpful and polite- all of them. The other good thing is that it is not to far away from Stockholm city. Allow yourself a ten minute walk to the tube station (if you know the way, otherwhise 15 minutes) and then spend 20 minutes on the tube to the inner city. If not, you have Scandinavias biggest shopping area all around you with Skärholmen Centrum (shopping mall), Heron city (just a minute walk from the hotel), Kungens Kurva and the worlds largest Ikea.

I went to my own country as a tourist and could for the first time see how expensive Sweden is for tourists, nothing you really notice when you live and work in Sweden though.

The TV reception was really bad, which was down to the cable being faulty. The cable wasnt even working and was "fixed" by someone who shouldnt be doing "do it yourself-repairs" as it could (in worse case scenario) cause a fire. The table the TV was standing on could easily tip over any second as it only had two legs to stand on instead of the normal four. The electrical box under the heater was open exposing all the cables, I'm just glad that no water was accidentely spilt on them.

Someone knocked on my door in the morning, I opened the door and said "hello?", I was greeted by a stranger saying hello back to me. I had no idea who this stranger was since all I saw was a man wearing his own clothes and no name badge. After five seconds of silence he asked if I wanted the room cleaned, he was working with the house keeping. This was nothing that I could see when I opened the door since he had no name badge or no work clothes/staff uniform to show that he was working for the hotel, and I could not see his cleaning tools to make my own assumption that he is from the house keeping, so to me he was just a stranger until he asked if I wanted the room cleaned.

The day of departure, where we hoped to sleep a little longer since the check out time is at noon, the house keeping knocked on our door and came IN at nine in the morning, when we tried to sleep as long as possible to save energy for all the procedures at the airport and everything it takes to go home. Unfortunately for me, I could not fall back asleep after the house keeping knocked on the door and came in to clean the room. They should know that we were departing that day and wait to clean the room until we have left.

The breakfast was good, and as someone said it was the same breakfast for every single day. Well, it is the same breakfast every single day in every single hotel. I enjoyed the breakfast!

Considering its a two-star hotel, you still get free wifi, free coffee and tea from the breakfast room whenever you want and 24/7 reception, I would say its a good hotel. When it come to shopping, the location cant be any better, seriously.
The reception staff made it all worth it, so thank you for a pleasant stay.

And if I would go back again? Yes, despite my review of the health and safety- I would. Despite everything else- I would.

Room Tip: When you want to open the door with your key, turn the key to the left, and turn it REALLY hard. The...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Patrik08
Dear Patrik,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback. Im glad you had a pleasant stay, liked our reception staff and ejoyed the surroundings! Our goal is always to make sure that our guest is satisfied with their stay.
Regarding the safety and our staff, we will make sure to look into this immediatly.

Again, thank you for taking your time. We hope to see you soon again!

Rock Springs, Wyoming
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

The hotel is fine..it's clean, quite, safe, and it has excellent water pressure in the shower. The problem is that it is too far from the city center. You need about 45 minutes to get from the hotel to downtown Stockholm using public transport. Too much time for me. Also, this place is hard to find the first time, especially at night. You cannot see it from the road. Be prepared for that if you book here. If you have a car this place is probably more convenient. Breakfast is decent, if a little bland. They might mix it up a bit more. I stayed six nights and every morning it was EXACTLY the same. One good thing is that there is a mall right across the street, literally a five minute walk from your room. Restaurants, grocery store, convenience store, movies, bowling. All right there. Metro is about a 15 minute walk or a bus ride which takes similar what with the waiting for the bus part. One other thing is that the rooms are very small and very spartan. I mean, not one bit of decoration on the wall or anywhere else. Very strange, never seen anything like that. Maybe this is typical in Scandinavia.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank viajeroso71
Dialog, Manager at Hotell Dialog, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Dear Dale,

I would like to begin with thanking you for the review you posted.
It seems you were satisfied with your stay, which makes us glad.

We hope to see you soon here again.