“Calf liver”

Ranked #113 of 3,166 Restaurants in Stockholm
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Ostermalm
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We usually when visiting, go to Grodan at least once to have Calf Liver and a glass of wine.

We had a table with "sea view" i.e a window seat.

This time the dish tastes good but perhaps a bit dry. We do not like it to be to much fried but on the other hand not raw. Maybe a new chef.

Still we will come back. We like the ambiance and the service.

1  Thank Tomberra

Reviewed September 30, 2013

This place looks lovely; all shiny glass and white linen. You won't be disappointed. We ate inside and it was cosy despite the big windows and sludgy grey January weather. The staff were lovely and allowed us to order in Swedish (a rarity in the big Cities) and the service was great, very child friendly. The food was fresh, hot and well executed and it wasn't really much more expensive than a decent restaurant in Glasgow's west end.

1  Thank Ella9800
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Grodan serves Swedish classics in a very nice ambience. We had a range of dishes, the fish casserole, Beef Rydberg, the Elk sausage and the classic Steak Tartar. It was served well and the service was excellent. Its not the best restaurant I have been to but I will definitely be back.

1  Thank Joachim73
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We were meant to go to the Ostermalms Saluhall and realised that it was closed on Sundays and then decided to try Grodan Brasserie. The staff was ind and friendly however I did not like anything that was served and found it overpriced.

1  Thank FiddlingTravelNotes
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I must admit that I was positively surprised by the easy booking, great customer service and excellent food and I can tell you that this does not happen many times in a year.

My wife and I decided to celebrate the 2 year wedding anniversary by going to dinner and then afterwards enjoy a good wine and cheese testing. Said and done so I booked a table at Grodan (online) which is a restaurant right in the heart of Stockholm’s most popular district (Stureplan). Grodan is located on a smaller street just a few hundred meters from Stureplan and definitely a place I could recommend.

Why was I then positively surprised, well because some of these places can suffer from a slight “fat and happy syndrome” and the staff sometimes forgets the customers especially in those busy fashionable restaurants downtown Stockholm (and many other cities). This is not the case with Grodan – the staff is awake, friendly, professional, effective and polite. There is nothing better than a waitress/waiter that “looks beyond” what the customer tells what the customer needs.

The food was just very good and we chose something from the menu that is always on Grodans menu – and that was absolutely excellent. Perfectly cooked meet, heavenly good mashed potatoes (home maid) and an excellent wine proposal.
Then the question comes: is it really that perfect or is there any negative sides? No negative sides, you might experience that the place is packed with people but that is just a positive sign that it is a popular place. I know people that have this place as their standard favourite restaurant and now I can understand why.

This is a unique review because it takes a lot to get 5 out of 5 (at least from me) - so my comment to Grodan: please keep up the good work so I do not have to regret the rating I just gave you.

Many thanks to the staff for great service and great food.

1  Thank Lamboswede