“Great food in a cozy environment”
Review of Fem Sma Hus

Fem Sma Hus
Reserve with
Fem Sma Hus is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 3,136 Restaurants in Stockholm
Cuisines: Scandinavian
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Gamla Stan & Riddarholmen
Description: Five Small Houses you will find in the heart of Old Town, just off St. George and the Dragon. You are welcomed into a superb restaurant, which is made up of nine beautiful arches. These extend over five house, hence the name of the restaurant. There is also a modern conference room and lounges that are often used as function rooms On the menu you can always find dishes like herring, cured salmon, fillet of reindeer and a cloudberry dessert. Our parade course fillet´t of veal Anna Lindberg, it is served with morel sauce and potato gratin. It is also possible to organize wine tastings as related to conferences or as completely separate events.
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Nice and welcoming staff, great food, very cozy and "intimate" restaurant. Sure, it's rather expensive, but we didn't feel we paid too much considering the great experience we had.

The veal dish was the best veal I've ever tasted.

Highly recommended!

There are newer reviews for Fem Sma Hus

Reviewed February 6, 2014

When I travel for business I like to get out and do what I can to find unique and pleasurable dining experiences. It is February 2014, I ate at the restaurant in September 2013 and I'm still thinking about what a wonderful experience it was.

I at alone, and there were many others who were eating along as well. Of course, there were also couples and groups. The service was superb and I had to wait for nothing. I did the 5 course pairing menu and it was absolutely delicious. I really enjoyed that it was authentic to region, fresh, and well prepared. I'm not a dessert person, and it was so good I had to eat every last drop. Unfortunately, as I was alone I did not get a bottle of wine, but I did order a carafe and I felt the wine list was well presented.

Of course we all want good food, but no one wants to be these prices without great ambiance, and this restaurant had that in spades! It was so lovely sitting in the cellar watching the candle light flick off the brick work. It really made me wish I had my partner with me!

I'm a picky foodie and I highly recommend this restaurant. You will not be disappointed! Make reservations!

Reviewed February 3, 2014

'5 small houses' is actually 5 large cellars, we were prebooked in the 4th cellar which was an adventure in itself, as you descend through each one in this quirky and surely unique experience in a very old historic part of stockholm. The last cellars are more traditional size, but one room we passed through was pretty cavernous. We arrived quite late and it had obviously been busy and quite noisey, so were glad people were finishing up and leaving to truly soak up the atmosphere of the room, have a romantic time and get some real attention from the staff for our first experience of scandanavian cuisine. At the time they had a 4 course meal deal that not only represented very good value for stockholm, but gave us all the swedish foods we thought we wanted to sample. The elk capaccio and reindeer were sublime. We also had bleak roe, lingonberries and cloudberries, all delicious, quality, cooked and presented well. Would not hesitate to go there again and staying on the Gamla Stan made for a really romantic transport free time. We stayed at Hotel Sven Vintappare which was also lovely.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

We went there for my 60th dinner. The food and service is excellent without doubt. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone. There is one slight. Downside. If you feel the cold then where we were seated meant that the draught from the staircase hit us first and it was cold. I believe that a curtain at top of the stairs or a door would stop this winter problem. Apart from this modern Swedish cuisine is wonderful and to be recommended. Thank you Fem Sma Hus for a great birthday meal.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

A very good restaurant in a genuine cellar environment. The restaurant is situated in the Old Town of Stockholm

1  Thank LarsB2