“Wonderful Meal...On Expense Account...”
Review of Fem Sma Hus

Fem Sma Hus
Reserve with
Fem Sma Hus is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 3,136 Restaurants in Stockholm
Cuisines: Scandinavian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Gamla Stan & Riddarholmen
Description: Five Small Houses you will find in the heart of Old Town, just off St. George and the Dragon. You are welcomed into a superb restaurant, which is made up of nine beautiful arches. These extend over five house, hence the name of the restaurant. There is also a modern conference room and lounges that are often used as function rooms On the menu you can always find dishes like herring, cured salmon, fillet of reindeer and a cloudberry dessert. Our parade course fillet´t of veal Anna Lindberg, it is served with morel sauce and potato gratin. It is also possible to organize wine tastings as related to conferences or as completely separate events.
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Had dinner here recently while on a business trip with a colleague. The hotel recommended the restaurant. It is in a fantastic location right in the heart of old town. The restaurant is a beautiful configuration of small rooms in brick and wood. Great cozy feeling and with snow on the ground at the time, it was a nice warm place to be. Started with the assortment of herring which was a nice option to try a number of different preparations, all of which were very enjoyable. For my main I had the Reindeer with lingonberries. Not too many places I can get that! It was perfectly cooked and wonderfully flavored. Very nice. Service was great. Our waitress was very attentive and knowledgable. She had been there for over 20 years! My only problem for the meal was that I had not familiarized myself with the exchange rate and it was more than I typically would spend. About £90 for the starter, main, and two drinks. Still a very enjoyable meal.

There are newer reviews for Fem Sma Hus

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Never mind the price, you are in Sweden where nothing especially in Stockholm can be described as cheap. This restaurant oozes character and serves food which matches some of best restaurants I have ever eaten in. Traditional Swedish fare I can thoroughly recommend the Reindeer which jut melts in you mouth, and if you have never tried cloudberries you must try them at least once. If you are in Stockholm and want o treat yourself to a unique dining experience the Fem Sma Huis which I think translates to Five small houses, can be thoroughly recommended.

1  Thank Ken D
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We had a really excellent meal last night. I'd read some of the reviews and the place really did live up to the expectations that had been set. The lobster soup was very tasty and the lamb and reindeer where just fantastic. In a world were service can be so average Fem Sma Hus gave you a really personal Swedish experience. I go out to for so few meals where I am so delighted to part with my money at the end.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Why? It must have been the tastey reindeer I had for dinner. Started with lobster soup and had the "house drink" champagne with a bit of blueberry in it. Normally I would not go to a place that is on the map from the hotel but when I asked the hotel staff for traditional they sent us here. I was not dissapointed. Smooth and friendly service. Price...well it is not a sandwich shop. Enjoy it!
It was a warm welcome place from the cold!

Reviewed February 23, 2013

The atmosphere hits you even before you open the grand door. Feels like a restaurant of old. Staff very polite and helpful. Had the garlic mushrooms to start which melted in your mouth. Main course was beef for me and veal for my BF. Both were stunning. Finished with a dessert of truffles and cheesecake- pass on the truffles unless you have an extremely sweet tooth but the cheesecake was morish! Overall cost including 2 x red wine, 2x g&t and a beer was 1500kr. Well worth it