Hotel Skeppsholmen
$163
$295
$163
  • Pool
Hotel C Stockholm(Stockholm)(Great Value!)
$268
Hotel Rival(Stockholm)
$245
$230
1,392 results
All reviewssmall islandskeppsholmen islandquiet islandmuseum of modern artmilitary barracksferry stopsea view roommoderna museetgamla stanbathroom sinkswedish designold towncity centrevasa museumdesign hotellovely hoteloverlooking the water
Reviewed July 28, 2014

The Hotel location is on a smaller island but just a 5 min walk from the Grand Hotel and the sightseeing boats. The location is quiet and very green. Big trees, bushes and plants surround the Hotel. The Hotel building is an old royal marine house, long and kind of narrow. Breakfast is buffet style with some choices, you could also order some extras, as we did, Cappuccino. If the weather permits there is outdoor seating. We did find the atmosphere relaxing and staff friendly.
As it belongs to the Design Hotels, the interior is stylish but the sink we did not find practical. The rest is always a matter of your taste.
We had dinner at the Hotel Restaurant and it was good at the normal price we had experienced.

Room Tip: take a room with garden and sea view as the other go towards a street and pedestrians might walk by. We had a deluxe room and did find the size just right.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Joachim08, General Manager at Hotel Skeppsholmen, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this nice review.

Very glad to read that you enjoyed everything from our location, our popular complimentary breakfast buffet, our restaurant Långa Raden to the service and atmosphere from my team.

I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back soon again to our our Eco labeled hotel.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

I stayed here last year with my husband. What a wonderful hotel ! So stylish and great location. Breakfast delicious as was the dinner in the restaurant. We could only stay for one night, so am looking forward to spending longer here some time soon.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Joachim08, General Manager at Hotel Skeppsholmen, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for this lovely review.

Very glad that you enjoyed our location, interior, our restaurant to our popular complimentary breakfast buffet.

We hope to welcome you back soon again to our Eco labeled hotel.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Skeppsholmen is one of Stockholm's beautiful islands and quiet. We would certainly recommend the Skeppsholmen, but have to say it really upholds Stockholm's reputation for expensive. As a consequence, if/when we return, we will probably find someplace less expensive. The rooms her are designer rooms, very upscale...indirect lighting; the sink, for example, has a big stone in the middle of the sink off of which the water drains. Not really our cup of tea but, nonetheless, beautiful if it's yours

Try to stay as close to reception as possible. The building is a former barracks; it is very long and only three floors high so if you are at one end or the other, it is quite a hike to the reception and dining area and, as I tend to do, if you forget something in your room, it's another long hike back. In fact, we got this advice before going, booked a specific room above reception and they did not have it available when we arrived. I never understood why. The second day we asked to be changed to a room with a bath (and a shower). That change resulted in a move closer in. I was a little dismayed when they did not have our room but happy to say they pleasantly try to accommodate requests

Breakfast is abundant and good. We had dinner here one night and it was very good. The other two nights we came back for a glass of wine and a wonderful chocolate dessert with raspberries.

In some ways, I probably should give it an overall three rating since, in my mind, $400+ per night should be a little closer to perfection in my estimation, I am giving it a four rating since the setting is pleasant, the staff is helpful, the rooms are very upscale and, it just "feels" like a four. A three would make it seem more ordinary than it is.

Room Tip: Insist on a room as close to the reception and dining area as is available.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this nice review.

My team and I are very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Our rates are on the higher scale but please bear in mind that our rates are inclusive of VAT, service charges, wireless Internet and we have also our popular breakfast buffet inclusive in our rates.

Yes the hotel consist of 2 buildings and some guest prefer to stay in house 1 ( some house as reception and restaurant) and some in house 2 for more privacy.

Very glad to read that you enjoyed our restaurant Långa Raden, we are very proud over our Head Chef Magnus Johansson and the Swedish cuisine he serves.

I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back next time you visit our capital.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

I've been to Stockholm many times and stayed in a number of 5 star hotels including the famous Grand Hotel. Hotel Skeppsholmen is a completely different experience. First, it is located on an island in central Stockholm which means it's quiet and has a great deal of outdoor space. In summer you can have breakfast on the terrace which is beautiful and your transportation options are bus or ferry (which we took) which takes you across to the museums or to old town Stockholm.

The surroundings are quiet and peaceful and, because it used to be an army barracks and prison in years past, the rooms are completely soundproof! What a bonus. In most hotels you're always hearing doors closing and opening or the people above and below you but not here.

The food is excellent (pricey like everything in Stockholm) but well prepared with excellent service in the restaurant. My only criticism is the gym which was the size of my bathroom. They need to invest in a decent gym but I went jogging around the island which was a great alternative.

We had our four kids with us and they had plenty of room to run around. The staff were very friendly, helpful and patient with all of us. Definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review and what a lovely one to receive.

I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and very glad that you liked our concept. It's correct that we are not a traditional 5 star hotel, our " luxury" is our historical buildings from 1699, our stunning location on this lush green island but still in the city centre to that we are a Eco labeled hotel.

Very happy to read your comments about our restaurant and the service from my team.
I agree, our mini gym is small and we are looking in to make a bigger one.

I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back soon again.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

Our family group of five adults spent a week at the Hotel Skeppsholmen in July. We had three rooms: two deluxe and one standard. Overall we are glad we chose the Skeppsholmen. I think most of the TA reviews taken together provide a pretty accurate picture of the hotel. Rather than repeat what is well said in those reviews I’ll focus on a few aspect of the property that were highs and lows (preview: the bathroom) for us. Since we were there a week there are some aspects of the hotel that might not bother those staying a night of two but became a nuisance for us.

Location: It is a tranquil island oasis and a beautiful setting with water views. Fab location for our group as we love to walk, use bikes and bus transit. The location could be a problem for those who don’t as you’d need to use taxi’s which are not waiting nearby and weren’t always reliable in arriving when called.

Rooms: The standard room is small and tight. The deluxe rooms are nicely sized and allow you to really appreciate the design elements that together present a bright, airy and welcoming room with bleached wooden floors and flowing white curtains. The rooms lack sufficient storage space for two people so we had to keep some clothing in our suitcases and pile things on the floor. There is a mini bar in one of the bed side tables generating heat which might be nice in the winter but not so much in the summer. I unplugged it. The air conditioning works well and is very quiet. We all liked the bed comfort.

Bathrooms: The sinks have an aesthetically pleasing but barely functional design: water from the faucet runs over a stone like structure and then under to the drain. This is a folly of design trumping function resulting in one frequently getting wet with spray from the sink. As there is no traditional bowl you cannot put water in a sink to shave or wash your face or rinse some clothing.
The bathrooms have dark tiles and inadequate lighting. The resulted in my wife and I using the mirror in the bright bedroom for most any function involving seeing your face clearly: shaving, makeup, etc.
The showers are open with a glass partition near the shower head. Our son in the standard room said he couldn’t keep water from the shower in the shower unless he created a dam with two towels as the glass partition is too short. The shower in the deluxe rooms was fine – no water in the rest of the bathroom.
Final complaint (I know, I'm piling on): there are no hooks to hang clothing when showering.

Restaurant: We loved the restaurant -- great food and service. Our stay included excellent summer weather allowing us to enjoy breakfast on the delightful terrace every morning. We enjoyed dinner two nights and drinks/snacks a couple of times as well.

Ask and you shall receive: If you stay at Skeppsholmen and find something lacking, just ask. We asked for an extra luggage rack, more hangers and a kettle to make tea – all were quickly provided. At the breakfast buffet we asked if bananas were available – quickly delivered . Same for espresso. I started to joke that we should see if there was anything they would not provide.

Errata: The Stockholm Card is an excellent value for tourists. We got a five day card that got us into almost every museum and cultural site, a bike tour, bus and subway, and ferries. It saves money and is very convenient. The hotel sells three day passes for the bike share program which is terrific with two stations very near the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank BostonJake
Joachim08, General Manager at Hotel Skeppsholmen, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review!
Feedback is always important to us.

Very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We know we are not the most practical hotel in some aspects like our stylish bathrooms and the storage in the rooms, some due to that we are in historical buildings which are listed and owned by the Swedish government so it's has been a challenge to convert these buildings from 1699 and some is due to design flaws, design over function..

Very glad to read your comments about our stunning location, our restaurant and the service from my team, be assure they have read your review.

I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back soon again to our Eco labeled hotel.