“Continues to Impress”

Ranked #2 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
Brooklyn, New York
“Continues to Impress”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Just returned from my 4th stay at the hotel and already looking forward to my next visit. The rooms are wonderful, location is perfect, and the breakfast is define. Staying here makes any visit to Stockholm so special.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Joachim08, General Manager at Hotel Skeppsholmen, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for this review.
Very glad to read you have been staying with us 4 times since we opened almost 4 years ago.

My team and I are already looking forward to welcome you back for the 5th time.

Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
Genoa, Italy
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I spent 3 days in Stockholm with my mum, we choose the Hotel Skeppsholmen for it's fantastic position: 5 minutes walk from the center and surrounded by nature and peace.
The hotel staff was very polite and professional, our room was very comfortable and nicely furnished.
Breakfast was excellent with a large selection of very good quality products.

I highly recommend it and for sure I will go back there soon!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Joachim08, General Manager at Hotel Skeppsholmen, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for this nice review.
Very glad to read you enjoyed our location, our award winning interior by Claesson Koivisto Rune, our complimentary breakfast to the service from team.

I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back soon again.

Helsinki
Reviewed September 13, 2013

This hotel is located in the very center of Stockholm on an island. Perfectly accessible by foot or boat or car. I would highly recommend it to people traveling to the city. You feel as if you are in the countryside but when you look around you see the entire cityscape. Young staff are attentive and very nice. Breakfast is easy going but with high quality products showcasing their baking passion with lots of country style breads. The rooms are comfortable and airy and simple. I will return.

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for this lovely review.
My team and I are very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We are very lucky to be on this green island but still in the city centre.
Extra pleased to read you enjoyed our breakfast and our famous sourdough bread.

I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back next time you will visit Stockholm,

Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We stayed 4 nights at this hotel last week for our 44th anniversary and generally quite enjoyed it. However, there were some things which need work on:
- the wash basin in our bathroom (and I assume the others) was very stylish but unconventional. Water came out of a faucet and fell onto what I can only describe as a mushroom shaped (without the stalk) piece of porcelain resting on a flat surface which had a slight depression in it. If you removed the 'mushroom' it revealed a plug hole. If you then turned the 'mushroom' upside down and placed it in the depression, you got a bowl which you could use for wet shaving, rather than having the water run all the time. The staff didn't seem to know about this and so the underside of the 'mushroom' was very grubby, having never, if ever, been cleaned! Leaving the bowl in the shaving bowl position after shaving didn't work - it was just left dirty and put back in the original 'mushroom' position.
- whilst waiting to reserve a table for dinner on our anniversary, I could not help overhearing one, Mr Gary C from Ontario, Canada, try to get his reservation sorted out. Somehow, he had been entered on the system as a Mr Gary C (right surname) from somewhere in the USA. After something of a battle, it was eventually mostly sorted but Mr C morphed from being an American to a Canadian and then to a Swede - after 5 mins I escaped and made our reservation with another clerk.
- when we arrived for our supper, we found that our table had been given to someone else. We had asked for a specific table and the receptionist had checked it out as OK with the dining room staff - but something had fallen in between the cracks. We went elsewhere.
On the good to very good side, breakfast was excellent and consistently so. The hotel is well appointed and on a nice quiet island, with a nice terrace (if the sun is out) - the funfair across the water can be noisy but it didn't bother us.
The hotel is only a short walk - or bus or ferry ride - from the main parts of town and we enjoyed traveling by public transport. A 7 day SL public transport pass was a very useful and much used bargain!
All in all, the hotel was satisfactory - but it could be better in our view.
Rgds,
C&J
Cheshire, UK

Room Tip: Rooms on the south ground floor get the sun when there is some and have easy access to the terrace.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 111cab111
Joachim08, General Manager at Hotel Skeppsholmen, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Your feedback is important to us.
Glad to read you enjoyed your stay and our complimentary breakfast buffet.

Yes our famous... basins are stylish to look at but not the most practical. Our interior designers was inspired by a waterfall when they designed it and the stone are suppose to be in the basin and the water running over it.

Very sorry to read that we failed to give you the specific table you had reserved.

I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back soon again to our Eco Labeled hotel.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I discovered the hotel while staying in Stockholm last year and knew I had to come back and stay here. I was not disappointed! This hotel is in a lovely historical building which has been converted into a stylish, comfortable and relaxing retreat while still retaining a sense of it's history. It is on the beautiful island of Skeppsholmen - an oasis of calm in the middle of Stockholm and a very easy walk, bus or ferry ride to all of the major sights (although you may not want to leave the hotel!). There are also some top galleries / museums on the island. Breakfast at the hotel is excellent and if you have good weather (which we did for 4 days!) you can take it on the terrace. We also had dinner at the hotel twice which was delicious. There are lovely gardens full of fruit trees to relax in where you can also enjoy a drink or afternoon tea from the bar (which we made sure we enjoyed every day). Our room, like the rest of the hotel, was stylish and comfortable. Very spacious (deluxe sea view) with lots of light and lovely views and I loved the shower! The staff here do a great job of looking afer you. Everyone is so friendly and welcoming and the standard of service is high throughout the hotel but at the same time it maintains a relaxing and informal atmosphere. A special thank you to Marcus and Patricia for their great hospitality. This is a wonderful place to stay if you want a stylish, quality, quiet and relaxing retreat while staying in Stockholm. It is my favourite hotel and I cannot wait to return.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Joachim08, General Manager at Hotel Skeppsholmen, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and what a lovely one to receive.

Very glad to read you enjoyed everything from our location, our historical buildings, our restaurant and our amazing gardens.
Extra glad to read your kind words about our service and my colleagues.
Be assure I will inform then about your mail.

I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back to Stockholm and Skeppsholmen in the near future.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Very peaceful hotel situated in Skeppsholmen, right off the fairy on the water. For context, Stockholm is NOT CHEAP! This hotel cost a lot of money for a little, teeny-tiny room. But the room was comfortable and clean. We had to request an extra blanket for the tiny bed (twin comforter on a queen bed?!), but the hotel was accommodating.

Hotel has a lot of history and used to house Swedish naval soldiers and later was a dorm for people suffering from the plague. Don't worry - it's completely renovated and a shining illustration of Swedish design!!!

Was a bit of a hike from the main attractions, but accessible by fairy before 8:00 p.m. Would stay again if I were trying to get away, but for site seeing and exploring, would stay closer to either old town or museum district.

Room Tip: WiFi access in our room was non-existent, due to heavy, old metal doors. Also, our room was on the f...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and glad to read you enjoyed your stay.

Our rates are during high season on the higher scale but please remember that in our room rates: VAT, service charges, wireless Internet and breakfast are inclusive.

I assume that you stayed in our standard room, I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back and then I recommend a Superior XL or a Deluxe Sea and Garden room who are spacious and have a king/twin bed.

I am sorry that you felt being away from museum and Old Town, our closest neighbours are the Modern Museum and the Architect Museum and to the amazing Vasa or the new fun Abba museum it's just 2 minutes ride with the charming ferry and the same ferry takes you to the Old Town in 5 minutes.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We spent 2 nights in this hotel in late August on a family vacation. It was a great experience. The island setting was serene yet close to the center of Stockholm. The service was friendly but professional. The rooms were well planned and although compact had everything you needed. The breakfast was very good with a large selection and of excellent quality. We enjoyed sitting outside each morning for breakfast. I had lunch there also one day and the meatballs were tasty.
And I loved the stone sink in the bathroom --it did not splash all over as some others have said.
Overall, I would recommend this hotel to anyone. It is expensive but most places in Stockholm are!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Joachim08, General Manager at Hotel Skeppsholmen, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for this lovely review.
My team and I are very glad to read you enjoyed everything from our location, our complimentary breakfast, the service from my team to our famous... sink.

I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back to our historical buildings next time you visit Stockholm,