“Charming boutique hotel, great location !”
Review of Hotel Skeppsholmen

Hotel Skeppsholmen
Ranked #2 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
Lysaker, Akershus, Norway
“Charming boutique hotel, great location !”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Hotel Skeppsholmen - a Charming boutique hotel with a perfect location with yummi breakfast and lunch buffet. Friendly and service minded staff - positive and eager to please.
The hotel is situated close to the "heart of Stockholm", great for sightseeing, shopping & dining - a stay with them was a mere pleasure!
We will for sure come back the hotel Skeppsholmen!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Joachim08, General Manager at Hotel Skeppsholmen, responded to this review, May 11, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this lovely review!
So glad to read you enjoyed everything from our stunning location to our service!
Looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.
Best,
Joachim Olausson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
Cobham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 21, 2012

We stayed in the Hotel Skeppsholmen for five nights recently - I will not say too much, because this is one of the rare occasions in my life when I think that nit-picking is just stupid. When you come here, you fall in love, with the affection that has obviously built this place into being the embodiment of a human obsession to do things differently, with charm and style - But most importantly to make you feel like you're a friend and you belong as soon as you touch base.

They have the coolest mini-bar we've ever encountered (socks and pants indeed!)

There is so much I could say to recommend it, the food is great, the staff are delightful (and honest, but more of that later) and when we left I was touched when I told a lady on reception what a lovely place it was and how lucky the Swedes were to have Sweden to live in, she said "Really? Some people think we are a little cold and distant."

Unbelievable - I can't think I have been to such a sophisticated generous spirited and thoughtful place - Everyone seems so educated and charming, and they speak English - And don't bear a grudge about it either! My Swedish is awful - Tack you very much for talking to us....That's about it. Even the taxi drivers are philosophers, probably all have degrees, I don't know, but if you STICK WITH THE OLDEST TAXI service in Stockholm you won't get ripped off.

It wasn't perfect, where is? But really, you can't help feeling that they try so hard to get things right and to love you, that you overlook the odd things here and there. They mucked up our room reservation and omitted to provide us with twin beds for my two sons, who are too old to want to share a bed. When I queried this - It was 'Hands Up Guv' - Sorry, apologies, sorry again, our mistake, apologies and we'll do what we can to fix it. Can't ask for more. It was fixed with smiles and not a hint of passive aggression like some places.

What should I say that's negative? Not very much - The rooms we had, had shutters on the window, but light bleeds through in the morning and woke me up. Not calamitous, but I do like to sleep in 100% darkness. And I wish we had had a view of the water, although a view of Stockholm is fine for me! Nicest city I have ever been to. Apparently May/June is the best time.

It's quiet, lovely, zen and I want to go back. It's a little dear to be there, but that's our fault for having such a feeble currency at the moment, and their VAT rate is 25% so it isn't really anyone's fault.

Stockholm is great, all you guys at Hotel Skeppsholmen are great - And you're too modest to be told as well! Which makes a change.

We'll see you again sometime. Tack.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view if possible, and if you want a bath you better ask for one or you may get a showe...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Martin B
Joachim08, General Manager at Hotel Skeppsholmen, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review!
So glad to hear you had a nice time in our capital and very nice indeed to read your kind words about my team and the service! I agree! I have amazing colleagues!

Next time you come back I will personally like to welcome you and then you must have a room with our Sea and Garden view and next week we are opening up our outdoor tennis court (first outdoor tennis court in Sweden, founded by Oscar II, 1882) so If you play tennis you have to come back and stay with us!

new york, ny
Reviewed April 18, 2012

The hotel is idyllically located on the picturesque island of Skeppsholmen, a few hundred meters from the Modern Art Museum, a 10-15 minute walk to Gamla Stan (the old city), and is serviced by a local bus.

Being a Design Hotel, we anticipated that it would be visually pleasing, and were not disappointed. The design is deceptively simple, yet unique. Noteworthy was an opaque portion of the shower that faced the bedroom and created a sexy touch, and the cool bathroom sink.

The room we ordered - a standard - was small, but cozy and well thought out. The only issues we had was that the bed was tiny (width wise), the shower did not have any sort of closure (aesthetically pleasing, but not practical and a minor nuisance), and the WiFi was spotty, at best. There were however nice touches throughout the room like luxurious Byredo toiletries, and a minibar that featured the ordinary offerings as well as men's boxers and women's tights.

Breakfast was buffet style, offered a wide variety, and was very tasty.

The reason I am not giving this hotel a 5 star rating is because of the service. We felt as though the staff was young and not as highly trained/professional as one would expect in such a hotel. We had asked to change rooms to a superior room because of the size of the bed, and no one called to notify us if the change was possible or not. Also, when we notified the staff that the WiFi hadn't been working for the past several hours, they said that they would look into it, and again no follow-up phone call.

This is a lovely hotel if you want to get out of the hustle and bustle of Stockholm, but still be close to all the top attractions. We probably wouldn't stay here again, but would recommend it for a night or two.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank globetrotter1113
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review!
Glad to read you enjoyed everything from our stunning location, our interior design, our Byredo toiletries to our complimentary breakfast.
I am sorry that you felt that my team was young and not highly trained/professional and I am sorry that they didn’t follow up change of the room and WiFi, we are constantly trying to improve our service so your review will be a good tool for this.

Best from a sunny Stockholm,
milan
Reviewed April 18, 2012

A nice hotel in the center of Stockholm, walking distance from the main tourist attractions. A stylish hotel that has a lot to offer. Our room was spacious with a great view. The staff was very helpful and the breakfast really worth waking up early. I would definately go back this summer.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this nice review.
I am glad you enjoyed our service and location.
Looking forward to welcome you back in the summer!

Best from a sunny Stockholm,
Lyon, France
Reviewed April 18, 2012

This was a really great stay and experience. The hotel is calm, sunny, incredibly well located, and this is something that's not mentioned enough: SMELLS fantastic.

When you read people describing this a small paradise, a little oasis of peace in Stockholm, well they're really not overdoing it.

First contact was great. I arrived almost 4 hours before check-in time and got an early check-in without any kind of problem, with a great smile and sense of hospitality.

The room I got wasn't really big but the view made up for that. The sea views are great, though sometimes the trees may disturb the panorama. Not really a problem.

After my first day out, I came to a nice little gift bag with a (handwritten) note welcoming me with some of the tastiest caramels I've ever tasted, and a really nice Byredo scented candle. I think this was a special room rate or something like that but it was nicely handled anyway.

The breakfast is perfect as many said before me. There is a lot to choose from and everything I tasted was delicious.
Dinner was also very tasty, I especially liked the thinly sliced beef's creativity what with the unexpected cumin flavors, but the fish "burger" lacked finesse. Nevertheless, the chef is obviously talented.

Service at the reception was perfect. I was always greeted with the warmest, genuine smiles and could feel they were not fake. The helpful staff will recommend things to see and do in Stockholm in a perfect English.

The great service continued when I had the possibily to check out practically 3 hours later that I should have.

This all may seem a little too positive, but righfully deserved, and if you don't mind not having gigantic rooms, they really know how to take care of their guests at the Skeppsholmen.

A difficult-to-regret choice.

I am definitely making the Hotel Skeppsholmen my #1 Stockholm stay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review!
So glad to read you enjoyed your stay with us and I am extra glad to read your kind words about my team and the service and YES we have a nice smell!
I hope you will soon come back to our capital and then I personally would like to welcome you and we will have the caramels ready for you!

Malmö
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Breakfast: Nice, many options and the breakfast service is good.
Room: Stayed in double superior room. The sea view was through a small window (and not full sea viea - a tree was blocking). The room had nice beds and bathroom. Subtle design and spacious.

Experienced a lot of trouble with the payment - because of lack in process and control at the hotel. Because of this - do not know if I would stay there again. Additionally, we found a strangers bra behind the sofa - that was not a sign of good cleaning.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pares K
Joachim08, General Manager at Hotel Skeppsholmen, responded to this review, April 17, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.
Glad to hear you enjoyed our breakfast,our beds and bathroom.
Our Superior rooms have Sea and Garden views so there is some trees..
I am very concerned about your comments regarding the payment, please get back to me if it’s not OK yet and I will look in to it.
I am so sorry for the bad cleaning, be assure I will inform our housekeeping department.
I hope you want to give us another chance next time you visit our capital and then mail me personally and I will take care of your reservation.
joachim@hotelskeppsholmen.se

Roma
Reviewed April 15, 2012

I love this hotel and have been back three times. It's on a lovely island few minutes walk from the heart of Stockholm. It is also by the Sea with great view on one side of Gamla Stan and the Vasa museum on the other. The hotel is an elegant, warm and designer's dream hotel. Staying there is very cosy and comfortable. The well equipped rooms are amazing, clean, with big windows that allows light to enter. The breakfast is more than good and the staff is very friendly and always up for anything you might need.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank FabioBaldassare
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and what a great one to receive,
Glad to read you enjoyed everything from our location on this green Island in the city centre to our modern Swedish design by our interior designers Claesson Koivisto Rune.
Extra glad to read your kind words about the service and my team.
Best and I hope I will have the pleasure to welcome you back soon again!