“excellent value”

Pong Asian Restaurang
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
Pong Asian Restaurang is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #691 of 3,026 Restaurants in Stockholm
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Norrmalm
Surrey, UK
“excellent value”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

my 13yr old loves Thai food so it was an easy choice once we spotted this place near our hotel. Food was excellent, fresh sushi, dim sum, noodles and curries, plus dessert. Best value for money. It was very busy and we had to queue to go in, but was worth the wait. You get free water on the table if the beers are too expensive...

Visited September 2012

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Olympia, Washington
“One of the better ones in town”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

First of all, I am Chinese so I know what and how Chinese foods should be like. I came here for business from the US, and tried three places for my three dinners because my stomach needs it. The first two were disappointing: if those are what Swedes can only have, they don't know what they are missing. And although they feature Mongolian BBQ (which was invented in Taiwan, not a Mongolian dish at all). Until I tried this one on the last day. Pong is much better, with selections of Chinese, dim sum, Thai, and sushi. Just look at the sushi, at least you can tell the individual rices apart. Compared to the miserable sushi (all rices meshed together without any texture) served in the buffet restaurant near the Centralen on the other end of the Drottninggatan.
So if you want to have some Asian food fix, just go to this one. The service was so so, but hey, you want food, not service, especially in a buffet.

• Visited August 2012
Ekero, Sweden
“Dagens Lunch”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I am spoiled. Vancouver has some of the best Asian food in the world (I cannot prove this statement, but I am personally convinced). When I moved to Stockholm, I was very disappointed with the restaurants I tested in my work neighbourhood. After some time I did discover a couple of good ones. Pong is one of the better ones, although it is more expensive. For 99 SEK (weekday lunches) you can have an all-you-can eat buffet; the food is fresh and tasty, and something I love, there is a full bottle of water available on every table (I hate having to get up to get more water all the time). This is more expensive than many dagens lunches around, but the Pong I went to is near Hörtorget, so it is an expensive part of town. It can get very crowded at lunch, so go early.

Visited June 2012
Stockholm, Sweden
“High quality Asian Buffet”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Best Asian buffet in Town. I could go there for their soup only. Good price & variety. Nice classy feel for a buffet place.

Visited August 2011
Mumbai
“Food is good”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I was in the mood for Thai food and my hotel recommended Pong as it was close by and its bang on Drottninggatan walking street where most people hang out. It has an indoors and a lovely outdoor section where we chose to sit. Since we reached at 3 pm for lunch we missed their daily buffet for 95 Krons which is 10:30 to 2 pm. The waiter at first refused they had english menus and when we were ordering from the Swedish menu and struggling then he magically found the english ones! But besides that everything was great we ordered the mixed vegetables in a basil chill sauce was excellent and the red thai curry was very good too, both dishes were served with rice. The thai spring rolls were just good and all the portions are good size and priced at 90-100 Krons which is reasonable in this expensive country. So definitely worth visiting for the the food.

• Visited July 2012