“Southern style in Stockholm - who would know???”

Kung Carls Bakficka
Reserve with
Kung Carls Bakficka is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #617 of 3,342 Restaurants in Stockholm
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Norrmalm
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Try the pulled pork hamburger - the best you get on this side of the pond! And the rosemary potatoes made me hope I could cook too.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

The atmosphere was stylish but relaxed. Service good and food enjoyable. Booking in advance is recommended because the restaurant is pretty small and obviously popular. Highly recommended!

Reviewed November 19, 2012

When visiting Stockholm last Sunday we planned for a nice brunch with our in laws and based on a recommendation we chosed Kung Carl's Bakficka which is supposed to be one of the better brunch places in town. However, what we experienced was as close to a chaos that you could experience in terms of service; no meet and greet, 15 minutes to get our table (despite a reservation), 25 minutes to get drinks for 6 people and a general boring "we are working on it " attitude. In addition there was not a manager in sight which led to most of the staff running around in complete limbo. So, was there a positive side? - Yes, the food.
Would we go there again? - not a chance.

1  Thank Mikael h
Reviewed November 5, 2012

While visiting Stockholm on a business trip, I stayed at Hotel Kung Carl. Kung Carls Bakficka (King Carls back pocket) is directly attached to and accesible from the hotel, and it is a place that you _must_ visit when going to Stockholm.
I had the pulled veal hambuger, which is nothing short of one of the best burgers I have ever had (and I have had quite a few). Served with a paperbag(!) of assorted swedish breads and a sizzling hot iron plate with roasted potatoes and home made coleslaw, only a very friendly staff could make this even more perfect. Oh, did I mention the helpfull and friendly staff? The manager even took his time to give detailed tour recommendations to an american tourist eating there two tables away. Could you ask for more? I think not!
Kung Carls Bakficka - I will see you soon!

Reviewed May 31, 2012

For a good description of restaurant read "Laidback at Stureplan".
I had a great experience at this restaurant on a business trip - out dining alone.
Food: Had the veal (gjøkalv). Excellent composition with carrot mash and acid mushrooms. Perfectly balanced between sweet (rare) meat and acid sides. Delicious! The (season) rhubarb crumble with vanilla ice was also good - but the rhubarb was not acid enough to balance the rest - but the chef agreed and promised to adjust this going forward (they had just changed the menu and where still adjusting things - Don't change the veal though!).
Wine: Excellent advise on the wines - perfect matches - to each plate.
Service: Brilliant. When the red wine was served it was too hot (only disappointment). But, the waiter reacted according to the text-book of excellent service -"No problem, I will cool it, but let me bring you the other wine we discussed as an apology", and this wine was perfectly tempered, but rightly not as good as the recommended wine.
An excellent adress in the Stureplan area where so many other experiences are rather about appearance than content.