“Well above average pub food and good service”
Review of Pickwick

Pickwick
Reserve with
Pickwick is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #113 of 3,082 Restaurants in Stockholm
Cuisines: Swedish, Scandinavian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Norrmalm
Description: What can you say about this rustic pub and restaurant. On the corner Fredsgatan / Drottninggatan, there has been an old tavern called Kejsarkronan in the 1800's. Fine details have been preserved as well as stucco decor.Now Pickwick has been around for over 20 years and has found its given place among Stockholm's pubs and restaurants. We offer a variety of beers on tap (15) and approximately 100 bottled beers from around the world.Among our whiskeys you can find fine blended whiskeys such as Makers Mark, Gentleman Jack, Knob Creek and many more.Among our single malts can you find legendary and smoky Lagavulin, crispy Talisker and our favorite Benriach 15 years.Our kitchen offers swedish specials such as pyttipanna, homemade meatballs to international dishes such as salmon, primerib hamburgers and a lot of our guests favourit dish fish and chips.Come and visit and see how Pickwick could be just your favorite pub with its pleasant environment and warm service. See you!
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Well above average pub food and good service”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Nice, small, Irish, pub setting and exceptional beer selection. We had the two fish dishes, both excellent and the service was good.

• Visited June 2014

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ennis
“Nice Food and atmosphere”
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

Nice food and not too many options which is good.

The food is fairly priced and the staff are friendly and curteous.

• Visited June 2014
Toronto
“Perfect”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Very near the Royal Palace, it's a cozy pub with utterly delicious local food--reindeer is on the menu--a TV with that Swedish log fire crackling--and good service. They're nice. I asked if they could install their free wifi on their cellphone and they did.
I loved this entirely reliable bar and restaurant.

Visited May 2014
UK
“Very relaxed but excellent food”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

OK confession time - the first thing that I loved about this restaurant is that you can sit outside and have a cigarette! This is luxury for British smoker. However this is irrelevant to the main issues. It is a bit astonishing that when confronted with the choice of cuisines in Stockholm on Trip Advisor there is no mention of Swedish! I have absolutely no interest in getting a Chinese or Indian meal when I go to Stockholm as I can get excellent ones at home. What I do want to do is sample the local cuisine. It actually took us a little while to find a restaurant that would cater for this desire (although I am sure there are plenty if you know where to look. But then we found two as there are two similar restaurants next to each other. The name and ambience are not very Swedish! and there is a selection of British food too but you can eat Swedish dishes. I had the delicious Janssens Temptation which I had rightly been advised was a dish no-one should visit Sweden and not sample. I also had meatballs which are quite different to our understanding (and to Ikeas!!) and again delicious.
A word on cost. Drinks (and there is an amazing selection of beers here) are expensive. But with the food I think you have to be careful. On our first visit I decided to splash out and see what the Swedes would make of a fillet steak. The cost was about £21 or £22 but when it arrived the size was unbelievable - I have never seen anything even half the size in the UK and this was genuine fillet beautifully cooked. The UK cost for a fillet of this size would actually be considerably higher IMO. So it is important to compare like to like.
The service is very friendly and helpful.
The food is excellent and it is the combination of high standards with a relaxed atmosphere, so characteristic of Stockholm, which lead me to award a very well deserved 5 stars.

Visited April 2014
Sanbornville, New Hampshire
“Great service, loved the atmosphere: Food only fair”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

The good:
- Service: friendly, helpful, attentive and tried really hard to make things right.
- Fabulous location! Right on the main pedestrian street heading to old town
- Bar is well maintained: lots of great wood, brass, comfortable bar with stools, interesting decorations
- Dinner: Salmon was GREAT.
- Wine: house wine sold in 1/2 and full carafe. Not bad!

The not so good:
- Fish and chips: only fair.

The terrible: The "prime rib" cheese burger:
- Ordered med rare with sauce (some kind of mayo) on the side. When it arrived, the mayo was on the side AND all over the burger, Plus it was cooked much more med well vs med rare. Server apologized and took it back. I also requested no tomato. New burger delivered, Looked better: no tomato, no mayo - cheese not at all melted. Cut in half, took one bite out of a quarter and discovered it was almost raw. Sent back. Came out one last time -- this time only HALF the burger. Nothing but burger and not melted cheese, It was not raw so I ate it -- and it WAS tasty, just really SHRUNK. The server (CLEARLY embarrassed) did not charge us for the burger -- she got a good tip.

Good for drinks -- skip the meal.

Visited January 2014