“Great food in a good location but expensive”
Review of JT - CLOSED

JT
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Gamla Stan & Riddarholmen
Description: JT is a classic restaurant situated on Järntorget in Stockholm?s Gamla Stan district. The dining room, featuring a glass roof dating back to 1898, has a very end of nineteenth century atmosphere. The menu includes a wide variety of fish and meat dishes as well as traditional Swedish home cooking. The wine list is extensive with a worldwide selection. The dessert menu offers classic dishes with a twist, for example Crème Brulée served with espresso ice cream and violet pannacotta with preserved pear and liquorice ice cream. Summertime you can eat outside.
London England
“Great food in a good location but expensive”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We had lunch here as a celebration for finishing a 4 week camping trip around Scandinavia and found the food to be excellent,the location to be great and the service good but the prices a little on the high side.

I understand that Scandinavia has a higher price on than many other places when eating out but when compared to other establishments in Stockholm it seemed a little steep for what you get.

Overall we enjoyed the meal and the experience but if we were in the area again I think we would try a different alternative.

Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“We will be back !!”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We were just passing by looking for a bite to eat after a long traveling day and was greeted so warmly by the manager. We were looked after better than any place visited previously . They made us want to return again just for the atmosphere and friendly service ( which we did)
The food was amazing and reasonably priced. A huge thank you goes out to all staff who made our visit to Stockholm very special :)

• Visited September 2012
Alexandria, Egypt
“Expensive, poorly executed dishes, and the wait!”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

In picking this restaurant, my excuse is I had no service on my phone and was hungry and drawn in by the location, decoration and the fact that they had a rack of lamb on the menu (which I am a sucker for).

First I noticed the prices were rather high. Well, frankly, I have never minded getting ripped off if you give me what I want. Unfortunately that didn't happen here. I ordered a Scampi salad and rack of lamb with a bottle of wine for lunch, planning to have a nice leisurely lunch. What I had no way of knowing was that the main chef has just changed (so I am told), and that I would wait about 50 minutes between the salad and entree. Also, the execution of the shrimp scampi salad with bacon reminded me of grade school band in terms of hitting the notes of the ensemble. Ouch! The bacon was no artfully done but rather was added in huge hard cold clumps of not particularly tasty bits that completely ruined the taste of the salad overall.

Meanwhile I had ordered a bottle of wine, and I proceeded to sip and sip and sip on it until it was bascially half gone before the rack of lamb came. I couldn't believe how long it took. They comped me coffee after the meal (which I declined), but it ruined the flow of the meal, which wasn't going so well anyway. The lab was quite good, but then it's hard to mess up lamb chops.

The wine, by the way, was certainly over-priced (just like everything else). The wine selection needs overhauling, and I actually declined to pick my first choice wine because I couldn't imagine paying $200 US for a bottle of ok Chianti!

Anyway, don't stumble in to a restaurant in Old town Stockholm, assuming the outward signs of success will translate into the experience you expect. This area is definitely a tourist trap, especially where restaurants are concerned. This particular place, if anything the staff says can be believed, has a new chef in charge as of today, so I hope they start pulling it together, because right now it just plain sucks.

1 Thank glamberson
Stockholm, Sweden
“Terrible, terrible, terrible!!!”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I will not even try to go to the details...but... food awful,iwine is expensive and the waiters do not fill the glass as other restaurants do ???, doorman awful, waiter awful, and the smell of the next door ice cream cone factory is just killing all the taste of food and wine. Positive: maybe the nicest interior in Gamla Stan and nice dessert. I would not recommend this to anyone because after you receive your bill for such a poor food you will go mad.

1 Thank Amela H
Switzerland
“Not worth what you pay”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We were on holiday in Stockholm with 2 teenagers and ended up in JT. My mistake was to not have read the trip adviser review before going there. I can confirm that it is quite a tourist trap. Prices are on the high side for what they are offering. Portions are quite small, but I have to admit that the salmon i had was good. My partner had a Cesar salad that was nothing special. Annoying the fact that you have to pay 30 SEK for bread.We went there because we were tierd and din't want to search for a better place. i wouldn't return