“usual”
Review of The Auld Dub

The Auld Dub
Reserve with
The Auld Dub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #261 of 3,304 Restaurants in Stockholm
Cuisines: Irish, Scandinavian, International
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Norrmalm
Description: The Dubliner is Stockholm's longest established Irish pub and restaurant. We provide full restaurant and bar menus. Live music on Thursday-Saturday and we show most major sporting events with the emphasis on GAA, English Premier League and Rugby. You can book a table or drop in. Reservations are recommended though. We have been told by our customers that we serve the best Guinness in town, so who are we to argue! We have a large outdoor seating area between April and September and there's also free WiFi. We can also cater for private functions. Why not come on down! Slàinte!!!
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I asked my friend from Stockholm to show me place, where i can try sone swedish meel. But, on my opignion, it's place only for drink some beer. I ordered fish. This one was absolutely ordinary, fish was really deep frosted, it was clear by taste. Price was really high. Athmosphere was noisy, dark, chaotic traffic, no any music.
I was not satisfacted.

swedensm, Owner at The Auld Dub, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our establishment. All reviews are greatly appreciated, although this one was a little confusing. But I will try to address your points. The fish for our fish and chips is always fresh and never frozen - I am sorry you found yours not to your taste but I am sure if you had mentioned it to your server the problem could have been solved. The Dubliner is very popular so can be noisy when a band is playing - at the weekends. But I think you are saying there was no band playing? We advertise on our web site and Facebook when bands are playing. There is always a quieter area in the pub to sit and eat, even when we have live music. As for the chaotic traffic - this is a bit of a mystery, as we are situated on a small pedestrian street. We are in the centre of the capital city of Sweden so some traffic congestion in the area is to be expected. Nevertheless we welcome you back any time - perhaps a visit in the day time would suit you better, when there are less customers.

Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised when I came here, first I was met by two big doormen who turned out to be the friendliest I have ever met, we where only going to have one drink but ended up staying the night. The food was very good for the price and type of pub and the night really kicked off when the band started playing. We will definitely be going back the next time we are in Stockholm.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Overpriced food & terrible size portion of chips with toasted sandwich
Waitress had no knowledge of vasa museum
Bar was not warm enough & had draught while eating
Menu was more like an English pub but advertising as an Irish pub with the name
poor poor standard

swedensm, Owner at The Auld Dub, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Thanks you for your review. I will try to address your points in the order you made them.
1. Our prices are in fact lower than average for centrally located restaurants. Your comment about the size being terrible - was it too large or too small? Either way if you had conveyed this to your server they would have helped you out,
2. Bar not warm enough and draughty. There are no doors or open windows by the restaurant area - if you were sitting close to a door your server would have been happy to move you to a table in the restaurant area.
3. Menu more like and English pub. A quick read through our menu will reveal that we have no typical English meals, but do have many Irish meals using products imported from Ireland.
Once again thanks for your comments.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

I visit Stockholm often from New York City and the Dubliner is my first stop. Great place for live music, sport, or just a quick pint or nine. Great atmosphere, staff, and owners.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Every visit to Stockholm means another chance to get to "The Dubliner" It's a sport pub and always has the best Rugby and Football games showing live. It's a great place for a drink and to mixwith so many different nationalities. The food is great the service excellent and the prices reasonable. Can't wait for the next visit.

1  Thank Tony H