“Artsy, cool hotel”

Story Hotel Riddargatan
Ranked #30 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
Reviewed March 23, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for four nights and it was very cool! Our room was a bit small since our stay was not extended, but it suited our needs. The art in the room was modern and interesting. The bathroom has a big shower and heated floor which is always lovely. The complimentary breakfast was really great. The restaurant has a cozy atmosphere. Overall the hotel has a really unique and appealing environment. We stayed in October when it was fairly cold, but it seems that the outdoor patio would be really nice to sit on! Reasonable prices, highly recommended. Great location, too.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mat1919
There are newer reviews for Story Hotel Riddargatan

Reviewed March 19, 2012

Story hotel. trendy design boutique hotel..
such cute little hotel in the center of the city!

Every little design detail was so considerate and cute. also in GREAT location.

All over, the hotel and my stay was great. definitely recommendable.

I would stay there again. but maybe at a bigger room ;)
If I may point out couple of pros...
1. I stayed at Friggebod room. The room was really small and tight. I couldn't even wide open my suit case.
2. I couldn't call outside from the telephone in the room. It was really inconvenient since I was there on business.
3. There is a restaurant on the first floor, the kitchen. Ambience is fantastic, fashionable crowd, food was excellent. but the portion was extremely small. I am a small skinny girl doesn't eat much though. it's good to know before you order.
4. also there was not really a reception desk. it's kind of in the hall way. I thought it was little bit weird. the receptionist/checkin crew/concierge was very nice. but he/she wasn't always there. I always had to look into the bar and the kitchen to get some attention.
5. You can hear what's going on the street. You can hear some music and people talking from outside.

However as I said it's a great place. always better to know exactly what you are getting into. so I wasn't being negative but informative.
hope you find this helpful! enjoy stockholm ;)

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Bunnybeetheb
Reviewed March 7, 2012

Location:
Quiet street from Birger Jarlsgatan and Stureplan. Few minutes walk and you are in the middle of the busy and lovely shopping area and lot of nice restaurants/cafes. Takes about 25 minutes from train station by taxi to the hotel.

Rooms:
Stayed 5 nights in a Large room (25m2). Airy feeling, interesting decor and nice colors. Room facing street. There will be noisy outside in the street in the weekends. The hotel has a very good bar and makes people go out to smoke and at closing time, talking are more of screaming etc. BUT you are living very central, inner city, so that will be the deal. bring earplugs if you are a light sleeper.
There is no wardrobe of any kind. Some small drawers and a fancy hanging possibilities in the hall, all there are. For two people staying for more than a weekend, have to keep our clothes in the bags and the bags in the bedroom. For some this is fine, but for us, we did not like. Wi fi did not work in the whole room, only in our hall and very close to it. There is a cable as well. Breakfast included in the room price. Looks great and fresh. Might be a little more variety.

Service:
Check-in self service by computer, get your code to the room thats yours. Room service, expensive, but if you go down to the restaurant yourself and place order and pick up, this reduces the price and the food is very good. Overall, service are good.

Conclusion:
No business hotel, it is a trendy boutique hotel for young people. We would chose something else next time visiting Stockholm. But for friends and a quick weekend this is good enough.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tallereid
Reviewed February 28, 2012

We had a large balcony room, 514, overlooking the central courtyard. We were concerned it might be noisy, as there is a bar on the ground floor, but our room was very quiet. Of course, I can't say what rooms on the floors immediately above the bar might be like or how it would be in summer when there are people in the courtyard.

As other reviewers have noted, quirky decor. We liked it, but it might not suit some - having a large pair of eyes staring at you the whole time might be disconcerting and the corridors are black.

The announcement in the lift when it gets to the ground floor will be forever stuck in my mind - 'ground floor - the bar is located to the left'. Does hotel management think we're all alcoholics?

Some pros: Central city location; interesting decor; great breakfast (and the restaurant decor is fascinating too - maintaining the theme of the rooms); good price in a pricey city (go to the toilet before you go out, and be prepared to pay up to 10 kroners to use a public toilet); wireless internet; there is a safe in the room; very clean.

Some cons: Two 3/4 doonas on the queen sized bed - this is a German habit (ie separate doonas) that we hate as we always end up in a tangle with bits of leg sticking out; 20cm wide space at the head of the bed down which pillows tend to slip in the night; the bed side lamps, which are overhead, are out of convenient reach; no tea or coffee making facilities; clothes storage could be better - there's just a rack and a couple of little cupboards, which is adequate but not great.

Room Tip: Overlooking the internal courtyard and on a higher floor are probably quieter.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2012

This is a quaint and unusual hotel - with some strange decor - Imagine a wall of your room without any plastering that looks like the workmen walked out just before you checked in.

However, the room was comfortable. Just the right size with a large, cozy bed to sink into, a really massive bathroom and free Wi-Fi.

The breakfast was limited in variety, but what was served was of excellent quality.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 1, 2012

I stay here when I'm on Business in Sweden, it's a really nice hotel serving great food and cocktails. The rooms are lovely, I've stayed in 4 rooms and they are all different but nice.

I'd stay here if I was not on business as well. The only down side for me is the breakfast, there's a great continental selection but I prefer a full English so that's the only downside I can find with the hotel. Otherwise it's great.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are nice but some rooms are twin bedded, I always request a room with a double bed.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Fiftydong
Reviewed January 23, 2012

I thought this hotel was fantastic. Very modern. Free wi-fy. Kiehl's products. Great outdoor patio bar. Convenient location without the loud noise.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends