“An off night?”
Review of 19 glas

19 glas
Reserve with
19 glas is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #204 of 3,230 Restaurants in Stockholm
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Gamla Stan & Riddarholmen
Description: This convivial restaurant on Stora Nygatan in Stockholm's Old Town (Gamla Stan), offers a 2-course set menu at lunchtime and a 4-course menu in the evenings. The bar menu is updated daily with our "assiettes". The bar serves Nils Oscar Brewery beer''s on draught and a number of characterful bottled beers from microbreweries, as well as a large selection of wine by the glass.
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I had popped my head in the day before our reservation and was impressed with the warm welcome, but from the moment we arrived for dinner, I could tell something was off... It was a beautiful summer evening and when we asked to sit outside, the surly man behind the counter argued with us that it was too cold, and his attitude was downhill from there. For a place that bills itself as a wine bar, I can't imagine less helpful service in selecting the wines. He seemed reluctant to describe the wine pairings, he balked at our questions about the wine list, and he complained about having to open a we bottle to serve us a glass of a wine we ordered. The three course menu was ok. The white bean bruschetta was tasty but the bread was a bit stale, the "risotto" was really just plain rice, and the duck, while flavorful, was swimming in a sea of butter. Of our four dinners out in Stockholm, I would rate this last.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We have visited this restaurant twice, and both occasions have been very good. The concept of having a set daily menu appeals to me, I don't have to choose and I'm somewhat pushed out of my comfort zone. The wines were somewhat strange when tasted without the food, but turned out to be very nicely selected. Don't expect white-napkins-unfolded-and-placed-in-your-knee service, as someone else wrote, the service could be perceived as a bit peculiar, but it fits the atmosphere.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Stopped by for a great value for money 2 course set lunch. Tastes were great, cooked just right and the combinations imaginative but fresh. Champagne was excellent but did cost more than lunch itself, watch out. Service is peculiar, somehow symphatetic, bur suits the place spot-on. Can easily recommend and would return, especially for the lunch value deal!

Reviewed May 26, 2013

We where there during our stay for a Bruce Springsteen concert in Stockholm.

The place was a bit crowded - but the owner was so nice to let us wait by the counter and when some other guests left we could move over. We absolutely wanted to have a glas of red wine, but didn't know what to take. So, we had the possibilty to try some of the wines they had to offer. What a nice gesture. Not every place does this.
So, we both found "our" wine and were very happy. We also liked the music they were playing in there and the ambience. At the end of the evening, just before the bar closed, the owner told us that every summer or autumn he drives with the car to Tuscany to get the wine himself. So the brother of my fiancé invited him to make a stop in the south of Switzerland next time he travels there.

19 glas is definitly worth a stop in the old town of Stockholm if you like to have a glas of wine or something similar.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

19 glas is all about wine. And food. But first wine. To make it clear. They invite guest chefs regularly to cook according to the selection of wine! Furthermore, they're providing unusual food. It's not the dishes you find in every corner, but rather something experimental and/or new.

I recommend going here to wine and dine. The place is perfect for a date. Don't be afraid to let them take care of you completely. Last time I didn't even look at the menu - simply ordered food and good wine.

So why a 4 star and not a 5? Well, the wine and atmosphere is certainly enough for a 5 star. But the food varies. It's good, don't get me wrong. But it's not "all that".

Regardless, this is one of my favorites in Stockholm!